Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2006

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-02-2006, 9:20 AM Reply   
At the dentist office last week I was looking threw the latest Water Ski mag. There is a photo sequence shot of a guy on a wakeskate edgeing in and hitting the wake and doing a raley he lands with out the wakeskate and starts barefooting. Pretty awesome IMO
Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       10-02-2006, 9:22 AM Reply   
You have to be going about 40 MPH to barefoot. Pretty fast for a wakeskate!
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-02-2006, 9:22 AM Reply   
He is probably a barefoot jumper. look up barefoot jumping and see just how similar it is to doing a raley
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-02-2006, 9:31 AM Reply   
Yes the guy looked like a Barefoot jumper. He had a barefoot suite on. Yes I was thinking the same thing 40mph is suoer fast for a wakeskate
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-02-2006, 9:37 AM Reply   
That's badass.

Sure you were at the dentist...it's okay if you subscribe to WaterSki mag Grant.
Old     (skibum69)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-02-2006, 9:38 AM Reply   
You don't have to go 40MPH to barefoot. The speed depends on your body position and your weight. In show skiing we had 210 lb guys barefooting at 32MPH, which is still fast for a wakeskate.

David, thats hilarious!!

(Message edited by skibum69 on October 02, 2006)
Old     (toby_yeo)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-02-2006, 10:20 AM Reply   
i think he must of been going about 20 whilst he was on the skate and as soon as he landed, they speeded up.

the barefooter i think is called david small from England