Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-27-2012, 2:03 AM Reply   
So the boat is heading to Orlando on Tuesday and so are we in a bit over a week, going to be fun. We are just under 200 hours on the Z3 since the middle of April and are now going to be without it for a few weeks and so we wanted to get in a really good romp and do some camera testing before heading to Orlando to broadcast the MyWake finals. We called some friends and had a full weekend. Sean Cummings, Inland Surfer and Centurion pro rider came out with us on Friday and Saturday. It was just the family and Sean on Friday, we truly enjoy his company and my kids love him. If you are ever looking for wakesurf instruction don't hesitate to call Sean. On Saturday the Harrington family joined us on the Z3 with Sean. Then on Sunday Victoria team rider and up and coming female surfer Vanessa Gonzalez came to surf with us along with old friend Dennis Horton from the Walter Project. I wanted to also plan to get a good wakeboarder out later this week so that I could test camera setups for broadcasting. I have only done wakesurf shore to shore and internet broadcasts up to this point and wanted to make sure I was prepared. Well the Hoffman's rolled past us in their Epic 23V and Raquel is also heading to Orlando for the MyWake finals. She was hoping to get a run behind the Z3 since she had never done so and I wanted to test my cameras so it was a great happenstance, we are RARELY out on Sunday. So we got to surf the Z3 on both sides with various wake shapes to the taste of the riders and than got to watch Raquel throw some of her best tricks. Got LOTS of pics, here are the highlights. The full set can be seen HERE.

First I had Sean and RJ ride so that Amy and I could get some chase shots from the pontoon.

IMG_2309 by wake9, on Flickr

IMG_2408 by wake9, on Flickr

Sean is Regular and liked it steeper than I thought he would, we could have knocked it down more but here is how he liked it.

IMG_2552 by wake9, on Flickr

IMG_2773 by wake9, on Flickr

This belongs in a frame.

IMG_2877 by wake9, on Flickr

He landed Air, some big spins, shuvits, drifters and of course the signature gun show.

IMG_2670 by wake9, on Flickr

IMG_3083 by wake9, on Flickr

IMG_2592 by wake9, on Flickr

IMG_2973 by wake9, on Flickr

Sean landed his first ever switch backside shuvit and then celebrated.

IMG_2797 by wake9, on Flickr

IMG_2817 by wake9, on Flickr

He almost landed a another first, but not quite.

RJ rides goofy and launched his Soulcraft Fangtail with an Indy grab that is one of my favorite pictures ever of him.

IMG_3173 by wake9, on Flickr

Another great one.

IMG_3205 by wake9, on Flickr

Then RJ asked me to knock the wake down with TAPS all the way down so he could practice his 180s and trying to land another surface reverse. Weighting was not changed, just TAPS.

IMG_3428 by wake9, on Flickr

IMG_3493 by wake9, on Flickr

Heading into an air 180.

IMG_3956 by wake9, on Flickr

Start of an Ollie-oop that Sean gave him some great tips on.

IMG_3593 by wake9, on Flickr