Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 15, 2008

Old     (delmage171)      Join Date: Mar 2008       11-24-2008, 7:34 AM Reply   
Hey guys, I was planning on getting a couple of these for my sn2001..How durable are they? Can you actually sit on them?

Thanks
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-24-2008, 8:26 AM Reply   
i looked into that, ended up going to the 440s instead and now im on the fly highs. I personally dont see how you can fit the recliners on the side of the engine totally full. Also when filling them they will go underneath the side area and then you cant use the backs on the recliner. or at least thats what it looked like to me when i was thinking about it. I also think the flyhighs are more durable and that they empty much easier.
Old     (blindmnkee3)      Join Date: Aug 2001       11-24-2008, 9:02 AM Reply   
They would be a tight fit on a 2001. I have two of them and tried to use them in our Sport Nautique. The larger ones (lounge sacs ~450 lbs) are too big for the walkways, so I went with a different set up. You can blow up the seat and it works well, very comfy actually. We use the smaller version (~350 lbs) between the driver and passenger seat and it works great. Its a good foot and a halk shorter than the loungers. The seat works great and gets used a lot.
Old     (nwarhol1105)      Join Date: Oct 2008       11-24-2008, 9:52 AM Reply   
They fit perfectly in my Tristar 190 which has about the same size interior, if not a shade smaller. I don't even inflate the top part or the back rest, the only reason I got them was cause I was on a short on cash. As far as durability goes, after 1 season of people walking and laying on them they are in perfect shape still. If you can afford fly high sacs, do it, much tougher material.

Here is a link to someones 2001 with the recliners full...

http://www.wakesiderides.com/rides/index.php?page=out&id=1562

Hope this helps you out.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       11-24-2008, 3:07 PM Reply   
the 440 is a pretty tight/almost perfect fit with the 2001s... Actually walking space will be none... but you can box the engine box in with 440s... one in back, 1 on each side and one in the footroom of the observer seat... my friends and I dig this setup!
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       11-24-2008, 3:33 PM Reply   
Hey, I'm looking to do the same: 2 540's in a 2001. I already saw that wakesideride pic and it seems perfect to me. There's 1 or 2 others with the same setup over @ the2001.com.
I like the idea of the 4 440's, but we'll need some space to move (sometimes). Can you post a pic of this setup please?

Jason, what's the best deal you've found on the recliner?
Old     (delmage171)      Join Date: Mar 2008       11-24-2008, 3:53 PM Reply   
Thanks for all the info guys, I had seen that guys 2001 on wakesiderides as well and I can see that they fit fine...I am just wondering if they are durable enough to use as a seat..

Sander, I seen them for $99 on buywake which doesnt seem to bad, I havent looked around that much quite yet, little to much snow on the ground..
Old     (nwarhol1105)      Join Date: Oct 2008       11-24-2008, 9:29 PM Reply   
I paid $49.99 a piece for them at my local shop last spring. Straight Line stopped making the recliner, so shops want to clear them out of there inventory.

Have you thought about doing the launch pad sofa (1200#) plus 400-500 of lead in the bow? I have heard that produces a sick wake and it would save you lots of interior space.
Old     (delmage171)      Join Date: Mar 2008       11-25-2008, 1:31 PM Reply   
I got thinking that if I actually had more than 6 ppl in my 2001 i probably wouldnt bother filling up the sacs anyways...

And the only reason I wanted recliner ones was for the extra seating

Ill probably end up going with Fly High Sacs if there better quality
Old     (nwarhol1105)      Join Date: Oct 2008       11-26-2008, 1:46 AM Reply   
Fly High sacs are much higher quality. They actually use the same material as the white water rafting inflatables that are made to take a beating. The only reason I went with the recliners, was because they were on clearance. I got my pump and two sacs for just about the same price as one 750# fat sac from Fly High. Don't get recliners if the best price is $99.99...
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       12-01-2008, 5:28 PM Reply   
I will try to find some pics of our sac setup in the 2001... 6 ppl in the boat + some 440 side sacks is a nice wake... these boats slammed are sooo much fun