Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 18, 2009

Old     (dustinj)      Join Date: Jul 2008       03-11-2009, 9:45 PM Reply   
i'm looking to buy a set of tower speakers. i want loud but sounding very good. i will be putting the recommended power needed to them but wondering if the hse set sounds better and louder than a pair of wet sound pro485's thanks
Old     (deltawake)      Join Date: Sep 2004       03-12-2009, 5:43 AM Reply   
The HSE system has the clearest, nicest sound of any marine audio speaker that I have ever heard. Crank them up as loud as you can stand it and they still sound very clean. Combine them with the HSE Revolution Volume Control, and you'll have a very nice system.
Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-12-2009, 7:37 AM Reply   
Jesus we are getting like one a day on this comparison.
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-12-2009, 7:58 AM Reply   
Dustin,

IMO, who gives a shiat what a bunch of people you have never met think about two very similar speakers. Go and listen to them both and base your decision on that...AND ONLY THAT.
Old     (canecorso)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-12-2009, 8:22 AM Reply   
I want to know what people think... Why does everyone get soo uptight on opinions???

Come on thats what these boards are for, for people to get advice... If you dont like it dont read.
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-12-2009, 8:44 AM Reply   
I agree with that the HSE are very loud and clear. I have them powerd by a PPI 4125 and they scream. I have never heard Wetsounds. I'm very pleased with my setup and I also have the volume control. In my opinion I like the HSE looks over the Wetsounds. Again personal preference but I think that is the most important decision next to sound.

Either way I highly suggest you get the volume control because it is a must have.
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-12-2009, 8:47 AM Reply   
I have 4 pro 80's with a 420 and its unnecessarily loud haha. Theres a million threads like this use the search button dude!
Old     (riverrunner)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-12-2009, 9:22 AM Reply   
Nothing beats a pair of Wet Sounds Pro485's with 350 watts RMS to each of them. Hearing is Believing right?

Checkout the VIDEO

Both boats in the video are less than half volume.

The other boat has a pair of Pro80's and MB-8's
Old     (dscorni)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-12-2009, 9:35 AM Reply   
I 2nd the HSE's.
Old     (cowwboy)      Join Date: Jul 2008       03-12-2009, 9:53 AM Reply   
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the hse a knock off of the 1010's?
Old     (canecorso)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-12-2009, 10:11 AM Reply   
wakedoc--that is just nutts... got to love pro audio.
Old     (stewart)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-12-2009, 10:35 AM Reply   
Dustin, Neptunes in Stockton carries HSE as does Acme Tunes and Tops in Sacramento. I believe Acme sells both HSE and Wetsounds. You might want to contact them and "listen" for yourself.

I have heard the HSE Tridents many times at Ski Beach and they sound awesome.

http://hsetrident.com/html/speaker_info.html

I also like the story behind the Trident:

About the "TRIDENT"

The HSE Trident series of pro audio tower speakers is in recognition of the Navy’s most elite military force, the SEAL’S.

On average there is a 10-20% completion rate for those who begin the SEAL training. Upon successful completion of the training a Trident symbol pendant is awarded to symbolize this accomplishment.

A family member of HSE who is a SEAL helped integrate the Trident symbol into the company initials. In June of 2005 a SEAL team suffered the worst loss in the history of the SEAL program during a mission in Afghanistan.

HSE's mission is to contribute a percentage of each Trident tower speaker sale to the families of those fallen SEAL’s. HSE is striving to use US made components and US based distributors keeping the money spent in the US, not offshore.

This is one of the few companies HSE and Bullet that are using US manufacturers. Good on them.
Old     (riverrunner)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-12-2009, 11:22 AM Reply   
Wow Stewart, you sure make it sound like HSE and bullet (wait who was talking about bullet in this thread?) are made in the US, correct me if I am wrong but, I do not believe that either company makes anything in the US but, the enclosures. Maybe you meant to say assembled in the US?

Funny Wet Sounds seems to be the bench mark that all others are compared to.
Old     (kinger)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-12-2009, 12:13 PM Reply   
Something built in the U.S. is better then nothing. And they are at least contributing a percentage of the profits thats not something you see everyday and for some people (me included) that is a big deal, I would consider HSE speakers now.
Old     (mrbrian)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-12-2009, 12:16 PM Reply   
I believe most if not all of the components in the HSE box are manufactured in the United States thats one reason they cost a little more.
Old     (ccryder)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-13-2009, 12:28 PM Reply   
Thanks everyone for the support. Just thought I would make a comment that I make an effort to source my components from US vendors. I could have my enclosures made south of the border for a lower cost, but I choose not to. All the audio components are US made. I buy all the stainless hardware used to assemble the system from a local Ma & Pa bolt house. The Polk grills come from China, but I buy from a local rep. instead of direct.

All the products mentioned in this thread perform great, it is purely personal preference to the tone and aesthetic appearance desired.

Best of luck with your decision, any option you select will blow your socks off.

Thanks again for all the positive comments and support.

Jim Aikins
HiSound Energy, LLC
Old     (cheeseman)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-15-2009, 8:23 AM Reply   
HSE has the best pro-audio system that is out there IMO. The sound is loud and the music is clear. I had Neptunes install mine and it looks awesome and sounds incredible. I also have the volume control system. If you have not tried it our it is a must have if you like your music loud.
Old     (foilboy)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-16-2009, 5:26 AM Reply   
Wetsounds are made in China Lower manufacturing cost=higher mark up.
Buy American while you still can!
Old     (bsebllhglyknit)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-16-2009, 7:34 AM Reply   
wetsounds !!!! I agree with twitch. They are can get loud to the point where you cant take it. when we first started the install we were waiting for the 485 to come in so we had just the 4 pro 80's beleive it or not the 485 made a big differance and added some more mid bass to the tower

Upload
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       03-16-2009, 8:05 AM Reply   
Bob,

It is clear you do not understand the world economy with pointless comments like that. I have seen your comments before with this exact statement about us and I let it slide. You have a very narrow view of the world economy and manufacturing. Go into your closest and look at all of your clothes and shoes. Where are they made? What about your TV? What about the computer you are typing pointless comments on wakeworld with? Your cell phone? Your car? The parts in your car?

Not all of our products are made in china. Some are. Some are made in the USA. Some are made elsewhere.

We do all the engineering and design here in Texas. We also engineer and design our products from the ground up. We do not use any parts off the shelf as many others in this industry do.

Some may claim they are "assembled in the US" So you are saying that a company takes one of our speakers we designed from the ground up. They send that to china to copy. Have them shipped over here. And because someone here makes the cans for it and one guy puts 4 screws into the housing. That is better? They are not employing any Americans except for the one guy with the screw gun and the one guy that made the can. And they did nothing original, no innovation. Only imitation. And the material for that can probably came from overseas anyway.

So are you also saying that you would buy something of inferior quality just because some guy in the US put 4 screws into or "told" you it was made in the US. And in the end, we employee more Americans as we have more employees. So you are supporting more Americans purchasing a Wet Sounds product.

Or let's say another company says they are using all US parts. Doesn't mean it is a us part. Let's take a woofer for example. Where was the cone made? The frame? The magnet? The spider etc...I would bet all from china. So the entire driver probably comes from china and is purchased in the US or all the parts come from china and is assembled in the US.

Also, I am not referencing Jim with HSE in the either of the above as I have no idea what drivers he uses or where he gets his parts from. But Jim, I would bet that most of the driver is made in china. And if not completely assembled there, all the parts. It is just the way it is.

For example, there is a company that makes car audio amps. They buy a finished PCB board from Korea. A heat sink from china. Get them in their place and slide the pcb board into the heatsink and screw it down. Put it in a box. And have been saying made in the usa. Come on.

There are laws against the wording “made in the usa” and “assembled in the usa” As well and many should be careful about using that as a marketing tool. We have been honest and followed the law since day one on our manufacturing.

And just because it is from China DOES NOT mean higher mark up. And with the world economy today, China is getting very expensive. So a lot is coming back to the US. Which as mentioned we already do. As with anything today. You can get cheap stuff from china and some of the best stuff around. You can get cheap stuff in the US and some of the best products around. Where is comes from at this day and age is a moot point. Just because it is made in one particular place, has absolutely no bearing on the cost of the product. You cannot make blanket statements. Everything is touched somehow or another on a global level. And to think it is not, is a very narrow view.

I would love to do 100% every part in the US. But there are some problems with that. There are not parts available in the US in the first place. So you would still have to buy components from overseas. (I am referring to the electronics industry) So in the end. No matter who you are talking about. One way or another, the majority is going to be made overseas. It is world economics.

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old     (kinger)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-16-2009, 9:26 AM Reply   
I think the comments that the owner from HSE made were very accurate and he made it clear that some stuff does come from oversees, he made it clear that he uses as much American labor as possible well staying competitive, and he made it clear that there are other options available to him that may widen his margin but he chooses not to use them. In the past I would not have cared about any of those aspects but as I see my first real recession I see the importance of those things and for those reasons I will consider HSE on my next purchase.

Tim,

In the same sense I will consider Wetsounds because of the quality of customer service and the credibility that you bring to your product. On the same token from a professional aspect I think your last post was in poor taste. It came across IMO that your were trying to drag down some other products to shift the light off of your companies manufacturing choices. There is nothing wrong with choosing to manuf. oversees and it does not say anything about the quality it is simple a business choice, if you lose some business over that choice that is okay it is just business, some people may care some may not. No disrespect intended at all, hope you don’t take it that way.
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       03-16-2009, 10:14 AM Reply   
Erik,

I see your point for sure. I guess when looking at it from my end. You can only bite your tongue so long and deal with these people and comments so long. It gets really old the same people making the same comments.

Bob has made comments like this in other posts about us and I let it slide. Stewart has made comments like this is other posts and I let it slide. (his last comment)

Again, i was not talking about HSE at all.

Sorry to air dirty laundry on this post but one can only take so much of this type of comments.

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old     (thesack)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-16-2009, 10:48 AM Reply   
Everyone is going to have there own opinion, mostly based on experiences we have had as to what is going to sound the best or the loudest. More then likely if you power the Wetsounds or the HSE exactly the same they are going to sound pretty close to the same. It all is going to come down to realistically to price and brand preference. Instead of posting on here and asking for people to say which they like better go find the stereo stores that sell them and listen to them. And make your own decision.

With regards to the posts by Jim and Tim, i think they both were done in poor taste.

And American Made doesn't mean that it was made in the US...remember that America is North and South America...

(Message edited by thesack on March 16, 2009)
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-16-2009, 12:42 PM Reply   
Wetsounds is the real deal. All those guys in TX are so helpful. It's refreshing in today's environment. Very happy with my new setup and wouldn't consider buying anything else. Buy in confidence and know you have the support to back it up.

Sounds to me like he's bit his tounge, but there comes a point when you need to stick up for yourself imo. I'd be pissed off too if a dealer/mfg copied my design and started canabilizing my market share. Not to mention insinuating unpatriotic margin gouging practices. lol, give me a break. Almost like the thread was started with an agenda. Just my opinion.
Old     (w00taz)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-16-2009, 1:47 PM Reply   
they measure speaker sensitivity with 1watt @ 1meter and see how much sound it makes right? Something like that semantics don't matter. I vote the tower speaker crowd changes it to 150watt per 22.86 meters and ends all this hating. HSE NVS Wetsounds who cares they're all fuggin loud pick the one that a) fits your budget b) looks the best to you and c) makes you happy.
Old     (shon_g)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-16-2009, 5:32 PM Reply   
I will be getting the HSE system this year. I have heard it and the Wetsounds speakers on friends boats, and I love how clear the sound is coming out of the HSE box!! The Volume control is the shizz as well!! It is a must for every boat!!
Old     (dustinj)      Join Date: Jul 2008       03-16-2009, 9:52 PM Reply   
ok i'm going with hse. i've heard the hse and the wetsounds 4 pro80's and i'd have to say hse! i'll be running a boston acoustics gt-28 amp to it so i should have plenty of power. thanks to all and sorry to stir up sh*t lol. and i know everyone says search but some people don't have the time to search on here. thanks so much to all!!
Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-16-2009, 10:14 PM Reply   
Yup searching would have def. taken longer than waiting for replies. Just messin with ya a little bit.
Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       03-16-2009, 10:27 PM Reply   
dustin. its all good. some people on here get way to butt hurt when someone says something neg about something else. if you cant handle criticism. then dont post your business on a public site and get mad if someone doesn't like it. its just the nature of the beast.