Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 21, 2008

Old     (dave27)      Join Date: May 2005       07-28-2008, 9:59 AM Reply   
This is my 2.5 year old son. I think he loves it?Upload
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-28-2008, 10:01 AM Reply   
Nice shot Kiehzle.

Can you do a backroll like that?
Old     (wayz)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-28-2008, 10:12 AM Reply   
Nice shot of your son riding. I think he's not smiling at all. In fact he looks frightened.
Old     (treycleaton)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-28-2008, 10:21 AM Reply   
yeah dude he looks scared, cute though. I have a son the same age, he at least likes riding on the boat!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-28-2008, 10:52 AM Reply   
My daughter loves to get in the water at the beach, and she loves being on the boat, but she still won't even get near the swim platform. She is just starting to venture from the observer seat.

Sometimes you just have to get the shot, even if the kid cries. I purified my daughter in the cool waters of lake Tahoe. She cried, but we got it done.
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-28-2008, 11:12 AM Reply   
Yesterday i drove for my buddy and he got all of his kids to go. his 4 year old, and hits twins, a boy and a girl that are about 2 and a half. It was somethin special. No lie.
Old    kidrik            07-28-2008, 11:14 AM Reply   
I think he just looks "focused"! Maybe that's his game face baby!
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-28-2008, 11:48 AM Reply   
i'm also thinking it's his game face.
Old     (dave27)      Join Date: May 2005       07-28-2008, 12:11 PM Reply   
I will post the other pics of my kid from that same sequence. It is just hilarious. He loves the boat and to swim off the back of it. He doesn't go out much though b/c mom doesn't want him on her lap all the time. But my 4.5 year old rides with me all the time. He has in own board, but he tells me that is only for the pool DAD! I need to get him behind my boat more.
Old     (beachbum22)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-30-2008, 6:09 AM Reply   
So cute!

Is it hard to get up with him like that? I've always wondered...for the future when I actually have kids.
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-30-2008, 7:17 AM Reply   
Melissa, it's not any harder as long as the kid doesn't freak out. You just have them 'sit' in your lap and put their feet on the board to the inside of your bindings. I've taken kids as old as 9 I think, with the hope that the 'experience of riding' would help them get the feel for it. Unfortunately, at least in my experience, it did NOT translate to them being able to get up (or overcome their fear of getting up) at all.
Upload

(Message edited by helix_rider on July 30, 2008)