Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 28, 2009

Old     (lancesaville)      Join Date: May 2009       06-18-2009, 11:30 PM Reply   
I ordered an open bow 1200 lb sac and two of the 750 vdrive sacs from fly high for my Mobius LSV. Is there anyone who's used the open bow sac already that can tell me if the bow (with filler cushion) is big enough to allow the sac to fill completely? Man I hope it will, that would give me 3100 lbs total ballast, and a whole new reason to live by the "no fat chicks" motto. hehe jk.

So seriously, lemme know Supra and Moomba owners w/ the open bow sac, will it fit when full or not? And hopefully, if i'm doing the math right....

THIS:
Upload

PLUS THIS:
Upload

AND THESE:
Upload

SHOULD EQUAL THIS:
Upload

right? :-)
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-18-2009, 11:53 PM Reply   
I use that set up and it fits almost perfect in the bow. I don't have the filler cushion but I put something under the bag for support. It works out great with the bow sac you can still put the cover on the bow when it's chilly out and no wind.

I think you will love that set up.
Old     (lancesaville)      Join Date: May 2009       06-19-2009, 7:09 PM Reply   
Thx for the input Jeff, hoping it will be pretty sweet.
Old     (ridealready)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-19-2009, 8:50 PM Reply   
Should be great. We have the 1200lb GG sack in the front locker of our 21v and 500's in the back. You'll definitely have to increase your riding speed and wont need much plate at all. Enjoy!!!
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-19-2009, 11:32 PM Reply   
Yeah my LSV I run very little plate in it.

I ride kinda fast anyway though....About 38 hundred rpm.I never calibrated my speedo's ??
Old     (adambarry)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-20-2009, 8:55 PM Reply   
Hey I have the same set up and I was wondering how the 325hp engine handles the weight?
I only have 2000 poundds now but I want to put another 1000. Howfar does the wake break? and how much plate do you use? Also how long does it take you to startup and finally did you have to upgrade prop? sorry for all the questions I have just been wondering for a long time
Old     (supraride)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-20-2009, 9:33 PM Reply   
Lance, I love that wake pic. + + = huge wake
Old     (lancesaville)      Join Date: May 2009       06-20-2009, 10:57 PM Reply   
Adam, the 325 does good with the stock ballast full and 9 onboard. Tested, but not recommended. There are times tho I wish I had about 500hp/500tq. But don't we all. We'll see how the 325 does with the new ballast next weekend. I'll mostly be using the setup for surfing for now until I'm decent enough on a wakeboard to even need it.
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-21-2009, 1:33 AM Reply   
I have the upgraded prop and it does fine out of the hole.
We ride anywhere from 70-82.5 feet.
Old     (adambarry)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-21-2009, 2:18 AM Reply   
Thanks Jeff, I might have to look into that upgraded prop since we have stock. How much was it and do you happen to know the dimensions. and Lance I do wish I had a 500hp engine but if I had one I would be wishing to have a gas card lol
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-21-2009, 4:31 PM Reply   
The prop is an OJ 14x14.25. Acme makes one #1235 that I would like to get (supposed to be smoother). I paid $460 I think it was? Totally worth it.