Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (kottonm0uthking4)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-20-2007, 8:17 PM Reply   
Heres my first attempt at a HS Front Flip.... I hit the water and my brain shook!

Please help! I want this by next week!

What i noticed: The handle is up by my head, which messed up my rotation.

Its weird to get the pop off my back foot. I can land a backroll and when I approach the wake for a backroll I have more weight on my front foot.

Am i putting too much weight on my back foot for the approach to the Front Flip? Do I put more weight on my back foot when i hit the wake instead of approaching?

Mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuzdBr0KSro
Old    alanp            05-20-2007, 9:24 PM Reply   
mark- your attempt didnt look to bad. your rotation was nice. you came off your edge early in the cut to the wake then got back on it. this is a trick you will need to take into the flats. once you get on the edge stay on it. keep the handle lower as you mentioned. i really like to weight my rear heel. also maybe bring the front knee up a little more. however youre pretty close to landing this. also throw the trick a little earlier. but you look good
Old     (clearlakescott)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-21-2007, 8:14 PM Reply   
I second all of this advise!
Old     (kottonm0uthking4)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-21-2007, 8:35 PM Reply   
When you say throw the trick earlier do you mean to throw my knee up and huck myself to the water? When you hit the wake are you lifting you knee, then as you are coming off the wake and then throwing your body down to the water? or is this an all at the same time movement?
Old     (cbass)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-22-2007, 8:12 AM Reply   
You need to cut harder. Like alan said you let off your cut early. Other than that it looked pretty good.
Old    alanp            05-22-2007, 3:49 PM Reply   
mark it seemed like there was a little delay before you threw the trick. i try to throw the trick as soon as my board has cleared the wake. this is all one movement for me. i lift the knee and huck my body downward, after my board has cleared the wake, coming in with my rear heal weighted.
Old     (kottonm0uthking4)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-22-2007, 6:49 PM Reply   
thanks... when i get a lil closer after this weekend, I will post a video for any more feedback, or it may be a video of me stomping it!!
Old     (kottonm0uthking4)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-12-2007, 4:56 PM Reply   
K these crashes are hard. I am losing momentum.
Old     (krkx93)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-14-2007, 5:02 PM Reply   
your waiting to late to start the rotation
Old     (kottonm0uthking4)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-15-2007, 8:34 PM Reply   
When I try to start the rotation earlier I loose tension in the handle. When I come in with most my weight on my back foot, I cant initiate the roation quickly
Old    alanp            06-15-2007, 9:18 PM Reply   
set the handle and try not to move it. if youre losing tension youre probably pulling the handle in. mark this isnt an easy one to get, keep whacking at it and youll get it though
Old    alanp            06-15-2007, 9:21 PM Reply   
heres a little motivationUpload
Old     (marbles)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-25-2007, 6:25 PM Reply   
It looked like you led with your head, chin down. Try to put your ear to your front shoulder to start the rotation. You see how AP above me here is leading with his shoulder? That really helped me... Good Luck!
Old     (marbles)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-25-2007, 6:31 PM Reply   
When I say lead with your shoulder, I mean off the wake, put your ear towards your front shoulder, tuck your elbow in, and throw your front shoulder down to get the rotation started. Keeping your elbow in also helps to keep the handle solid and in the same position through the whole trick. Hope this helps.
Old    alanp            06-25-2007, 10:00 PM Reply   
thats great advice sean.
Old     (kottonm0uthking4)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-27-2007, 4:56 PM Reply   
Thank you! I think that might do it.. alright, here I go... Ill post another video once im closer. GOD I WANT THIS TRICK!