Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 08, 2008

Old     (sbaugz)      Join Date: May 2007       04-23-2008, 4:49 AM Reply   
Well, I have had my boat for three seasons now and decided to make some mods this past winter. I just finished yesterday, although the lakes are still frozen so its not like I can use it. In all, I have done:
-Fly High Pro X wakeboard tower with monster tower mirror arm.
-Stereo system consisting of Sony headunit, ipod controller, Harman Drive + Play, polk DB component speakers, polk momo sub, and soundstream amp
-ProMariner onboard battery charger/maintainer
-BoatBuckle retractable transom straps, these are pretty cool. They permanently mount to trailer and the transom straps retract into itself

Upload
Upload

Upload
Upload

(Message edited by sbaugz on April 23, 2008)
Old     (moomba55)      Join Date: Jan 2008       04-23-2008, 6:36 AM Reply   
Congrats looks great!
Old     (bladeaustin)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-23-2008, 8:05 AM Reply   
Lets see the straps
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-23-2008, 8:09 AM Reply   
Nice work How does the sub sound in the compartment ?
Old     (jrhurst)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-23-2008, 8:17 AM Reply   
looks good , just be careful with that radio . Sony's cheaper marine stuff isnt very marine . I try not to sale most customers a sony marine unless it is gonna be in a housing or it is the high dollar water proof unit .
Old     (reachjims)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-23-2008, 3:15 PM Reply   
looks good
Old     (sbaugz)      Join Date: May 2007       04-23-2008, 5:16 PM Reply   
Thanks for the compliments. I figure it doesn't hurt to show you guys/gals that some of us use I/O's on this forum, and in my opinion they work pretty darn good.

Jeremy, thanks for the advice on the Sony radio. Thankfully, I think it is in an area that usually stays pretty dry. I will try and be careful though.

Montgomery- the sub actually sounds great under the seat. I was a little concerned about how it would sound but I am really impressed. I could have picked a better sounding spot, but this was the least obtrusive and didn't involve cutting any holes in the boat or building anything. The box is from Q Logic.

Mike, pics of the straps will be posted in a little bit.
Old     (sbaugz)      Join Date: May 2007       04-23-2008, 5:31 PM Reply   
Here is a pic of the BoatBuckle straps. The buckle part bolts directly to the trailer and permanently stays there. The only thing is that its a little close to the tail light, so hopefully it won't obscure the view of it.

Upload

(Message edited by sbaugz on April 23, 2008)
Old     (sbaugz)      Join Date: May 2007       04-23-2008, 5:36 PM Reply   
I also mounted up a new prop today too. Its a composite 4 blade piranha prop. It allows you to replace each blade in case one breaks. Spare blades are like $20 compared to buying a whole new prop. We shall see how well it works. I have heard good and bad about them. If anything, the 4 blade might give me some more pulling/startup torque.

Upload
Old     (sks625)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-23-2008, 6:14 PM Reply   
Looks good but you need to get some wool seat belt covers to cover your strap ends that attach to the boat. Protects the gel coat at the lift hooks when the boat is bouncing when towing. You can get them at your neighborhood Wal-Mart! A trick my wife came up with and I should start a patent. I'm sure someone is ahead of me as usual!!! How much are those???
Old     (sbaugz)      Join Date: May 2007       04-24-2008, 4:59 AM Reply   
The strap would no longer retract into itself if I put seat belt covers on them.
Old     (coursey)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-24-2008, 6:33 AM Reply   
Instead of the seat belt cover you can use a "Beer Koozie" to cover the hook portion of the strap. I have posted an example (folds flat).

Koozie
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       04-24-2008, 7:38 AM Reply   
gotta love neoprene!

i did a few engine upgrades to old girl this year. torque cam, ported heads and new intake. Almost ready to fire. can't wait to get her wet and loaded!