Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (BlitzedVLX)      Join Date: Feb 2011       07-31-2014, 8:34 AM Reply   
Finally got around to swapping out the Attwood style LED’s installed by our dealer when we purchased our 2008 VLX. The old lights put out a good amount of light, however they just did not last. We replaced the lights twice as a result of the housing allowing water into the electronics causing their ultimate failure. After another went out this season, I decided it was time for a change.

I wanted a high quality light with similar light output that were not insanely priced. After reading a few others remarks on the quality of these lights, I decided that the AQ-4 was the way to go.

After unpacking the AQ-4 and feeling it in my hands was when I really noticed the incredible build quality of these lights. The housing is solid with a good weight to it. These lights are built to last and withstand salt water conditions so I know they will be more than adequate for our lake.

The AQ-4 are shipped pre wired and ready to be installed. Using the included instructions we were able to mount them up near the location of the old lights, behind the power wedge.

The AQ-4 is 20 Watts and produces 2,000 lumens. Our lake is a mud bottom and here at the dock the depth is around 6 feet making the visibility very low. On a good day you would be able to hold your hand a foot below the surface and still be able to see it.

Overall, I am completely satisfied with the performance and build of these lights. I have read a few threads on here, as well as TheMalibuCrew, about poor customer service that the company provided. My experience with their customer service was however spot on. Both the sales and tech departments were extremely helpful. While I did not have an issue with the product, I inquired to their tech department if it would be acceptable to apply a thin layer of clear coat to the lights and I received a prompt response within 24 hours. I highly recommend considering AquaLeds if you are in the market for a well built underwater light that doesn't break the bank.

Last edited by BlitzedVLX; 07-31-2014 at 8:36 AM.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       07-31-2014, 8:43 AM Reply   
IIRC, these are brass, not bronze?
Old     (BlitzedVLX)      Join Date: Feb 2011       07-31-2014, 9:46 AM Reply   
Naval 360 brass
Old     (iShredSAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       07-31-2014, 10:08 AM Reply   
Lets just hope you dont have to return them...

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=798918
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-01-2014, 8:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by iShredSAN View Post

By FAR the best thread I've seen anywhere ever!
Old     (the_right_kind)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-01-2014, 8:51 AM Reply   
I always thought the underwater lights needed to be mounted below the water line for cooling?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-01-2014, 11:31 AM Reply   
^^^ these lights are a few inches below the waterline^^

And I know pictures can tell a diffrent story as far as brightness and water clarity has lots to do with it. But from what I have seen your lights look as bright as stock Atwood lights look to me but if you say theses are brighter then I believe you. Like I said what you see in person can look way better then in pics
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-01-2014, 11:33 AM Reply   
^^^ his boat looks like it's in a lift and brought out of the water for a photo. In normal running mode the exhaust tips are well under water.

P.S what does a Set (2 lights) cost
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       08-01-2014, 4:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by iShredSAN View Post

I completely forgot about that thread! What a classic!