Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 21, 2008

Old     (j_money)      Join Date: May 2006       08-17-2008, 9:55 AM Reply   
What kind of wake do these things put out??? I noticed they are a closed bow model does that make it hard to weight the front down evenly with the back??? How much ballast do these things need to boost??? Theres a lot of them in my area for sale at pretty good prices. Wondering if theres a better old model boat to look into or if these things work are the way to go... Any input is awesome THANKS!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-17-2008, 9:58 AM Reply   
As far as I know they put out a pretty good wake

and we use to have a closed bow boat and we just throw a 650lb. sac up under the bow and it filled fine and added plenty of weight... I would advise plumming a system though otherwise it might be hard to fill/empty
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-17-2008, 10:02 AM Reply   
2000lbs makes a nice wake. I have some pictures, but not on this computer.
Old     (mike2001)      Join Date: Feb 2008       08-17-2008, 2:05 PM Reply   
Best wake for the money. I've had one for going on 4 yrs and love it. Check out the2001.com for all info you need on weighting, adding stereos, tower setup, etc.
Old     (megatmoe)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-17-2008, 3:35 PM Reply   
Jesse step up to the plate and buy a real boat! SUPRA!!! haha! Just buy a wakeboard boat and start landing those toe side 5s!
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-17-2008, 3:52 PM Reply   
real boat eh? id put a loaded 2001 against any stock wakeboat out there.
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-17-2008, 6:17 PM Reply   
They don't need alot of weight to be good . But def. get better with more.

I just got rid of mine and got a new V-drive, I must admit I love the room of the new boat but miss the old one.
Old     (j_money)      Join Date: May 2006       08-17-2008, 9:38 PM Reply   
Yeah Tony I totally would if i had the money but the 2001's are more in my price range!!! Id love to see your supra though! Otherwise to the rest of you guys thanks for all the good info. I really apprectiate it :-)
Old     (burban89)      Join Date: Nov 2006       08-18-2008, 4:55 AM Reply   
Upload
Upload

Here are a couple of random pics.

As far as the front goes. I have a 440 lb fat sac in the bow. It sits more on the left side of the boat due to the way the boat is designed. I would guess I have 300lbs up front. I leave me full all the time. So far I have had no issues loading the boat on the trailer or anything. Let me know if you need any more info. Oh and I am running about 1200lbs and 4 people in those pictures. There is no weight in the back of the boat except people. You can build a nice steep wake with weighting the back. I run 2 440s beside the motor. (custom boxed enclosure w/ speakers) 300lbs in the front. I have ran 440lb in the back and it gets steep.
Old     (kylenautique)      Join Date: May 2008       08-18-2008, 9:01 AM Reply   
The 2001 Nautique throws a killer wake! I load mine down with 2 540 lb Fat Sacs next to the motor box, 400 lbs in the rear and 200 lbs in the bow. The wake is badass. If you are looking to buy one, I'm selling mine if you live anywhere around the northwest? Its a 1988 Ski Nautique 2001.