Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 19, 2005

Old    team909            05-19-2005, 10:12 AM Reply   
just wonderin if any boarders race mx?
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       05-19-2005, 11:02 AM Reply   
I did, but haven't lately. My bike, and gear, is back home in Texas. I'm hoping to start riding again here pretty quick. Almost all of my friends back in Texas who ride, also board.

-Blake
Old    team909            05-19-2005, 11:08 AM Reply   
right on! did you race or just ride? what brand of bike?
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       05-19-2005, 12:36 PM Reply   
I raced pretty heavily up until I joined the Navy. I have an 01 RM125... I know, it's old and outdated, but I haven't be able to pick up a new bike yet... I spent to much on this one. I hope to pick up a 250F, and start riding again really quick. I miss the fact that racing kept me in such good shape. What about you, do you race, or just ride for the hell of it?

-Blake
Old     (aidan)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-19-2005, 12:45 PM Reply   
F-250 , used to race Intermediate. Now just ride for fun.....couple trips to Mex a year, Borrego etc....
Old    260searay            05-19-2005, 2:50 PM Reply   
I raced all over for about 9 years. I had a total of 14 bikes and started in the 80 class and went as far as 250A/Expert untill getting badly injured in 01. I am from ohio and went as far as Gainsville Fl. to race at the Winter Olympics in the 250B class. In 01 a guy kicked up a rock and indented my goggles, cracked my helmet in two spots, fractured my eye socket in two spots, and gave me a cataract(spelling?) They didnt know how well if at all i would see again, but after a lens implant i have 20/25 vission. When i was off the bike for so long i got a full time job and a boat and decided to call it quits. This winter i just sold an 03 KTM 450 SX and an 01 Suzuki GSXR 600. First time in 13 years that i havent had a motorcycle.
Old    260searay            05-19-2005, 2:52 PM Reply   
I raced at all the district 5 and 11 tracks in the AMA from highpoint, steelcity and in d12 at Troy and also raced in new york at Frozen Ocean a lot that place is awesome and like i said at gatorback. I never thought i would quit and i get sad when i think about it because it was my life for 9 years.
Old     (onealrep)      Join Date: May 2002       05-19-2005, 4:56 PM Reply   
I actually work for O'Neal Racing, and race Vet Pro. I ride 2-3 times a week still.
Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       05-19-2005, 5:36 PM Reply   
I used to race heavily as a kid at Barona Oaks until i wadded hard and lost my nerve got back into it about 7 years ago and did some couch(quad) desert racing for a year and switched to the CRF450 and got back into moto and GP's but just race for fun now every once in awhile. I blew out my knee last year racing and ended my wakeboarding for the last year, started riding again in December and did my first race post knee surgery at El Cajon on Easter weekend and won my Vet Novice class......now if i could ever find the time to get a pull the circle would be complete
Old     (nlitworld)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-19-2005, 8:00 PM Reply   
Used to race all the time before we bought a boat 4 years ago. grew up racing motorcycles, had a supercross track in our back yard. We should be buying my dad's old bike back, so that's A+ in my book. I had a 94 YZ 80, that had big-wheels and a lot of motor work and ripped faster than any of the new bikes do, and my dad had a 94 YZ 250 that was also tricked to ride faster than most of the new bikes, to the point of being a little bit scary fast. Friends of ours would rent out Washougal a couple times each summer for the day, so it would be a bunch of friends for a day of riding. Good times. I miss my motorcycles.
Old    sliderfreak            05-19-2005, 8:57 PM Reply   
mini moto!!! tricked out my fiddy and ride the pit races localy,

later
Old    team909            05-19-2005, 10:08 PM Reply   
yeah i race all over too, honda 250f moved up to b's this year hopin to go a's next year if my sponsers stick with me got some awsome support right now (thanks guys) nothin like hittin a double up doesnt compare to big ol' triples but it does the trick
Old     (leykis1o1)      Join Date: May 2005       05-19-2005, 10:11 PM Reply   
i desert ride a yamaha yz 426
Old    team909            05-19-2005, 10:15 PM Reply   
hey RANDY

i just came off a mcl injury i sufferd in practice out in vegas any good rehab tricks you can share from your injury just wonderin if boardin is gonna be really hard on it too cause it doesnt feel the best yet and ive tweaked it bad boardin before when it was healthy so not sure what its gonna do now

keep rippin man!!!
team909
Old     (offdapeggs)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-22-2005, 7:01 AM Reply   
I race, and am a rep for Yamaha in the midwest. Hey oneal rep I love those ads. Spent to much time racing and got the boat to spend more time with my family,
in fact my scrn name offdapeggs, comes from a picture i saw of doug henry racing outdoors, his feet both came off the pegs and were dragging behind him, but you could see he still had the throttle pinned.