Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2004

Old    jack_cheese            08-04-2004, 12:00 PM Reply   
Anyone remember the New Crew about 6 or 7 years ago? It was that group of young pros headed by Thomas Horrell that had a bunch of rules to prove that they were hardcore wakeboarders. I don't remember all the details, but some of their requirements were things like: no raleys, specified minimum stance width, specified minimum rope length, and must be showing crack when you ride.
I don't really have a point to make, I just happened to remember this and thought it was funny.
Old    shanday            08-04-2004, 12:07 PM Reply   
"no raleys"
hey i fit that rule...course I can't throw much of anything...
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-04-2004, 1:00 PM Reply   
you forgot the "no gloves" rule.
Old    shanday            08-04-2004, 1:04 PM Reply   
dang...I'm out!
Old    jack_cheese            08-04-2004, 1:14 PM Reply   
good call Joe. That was back when Parks was still wearin' gloves wasn't it?
Old     (wakeboardwade)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-04-2004, 1:17 PM Reply   
if parks was wearing gloves now everyone would still do it parks is the man
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-04-2004, 1:23 PM Reply   
i think it was in reference to shaun murray, who used to wear gloves a lot. the "new crew" had some sort of vendetta on murray, which they even carried out during the mayday shoot at lake powell. i think chase heavener led the attacks.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-04-2004, 1:29 PM Reply   
Jealousy is a real bitch. I can't understand why someone would dog Shaun. I saw him ride once at about that time in history & he rode half his set bare & then called for his "mittens", it was pretty funny. Where is the New Crew now? Aside from Horrell & Staker...they are fat. Thomas just has the punkpop superstar hairdo. It was best how they dissed people & then just said they were joking.
Old    martini            08-19-2004, 6:25 PM Reply   
joe. you are correct...randall shared that same feeling!
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       08-19-2004, 6:36 PM Reply   
The new crew...two are a part of their own production company (and they help out with the best magazine in the industry), one is still killing it with GB, and one revolutionized wakeskating with his own company. What a bunch of fat losers...with bad hair!

Joe, I remember reading about that. I didn't think it was just a "new crew" thing. I thought almost everyone on that trip gave him a hard time. I think it's weird. In the same article, shaun said he landed a 9 on that trip, but the flf guys weren't filming at the time. Although, I'm surprised the gloves thing would be singled out specifically to shaun. A HUGE number of riders used to wear gloves.

And if parks wore gloves, people wouldn't follow it. He used to wear those no fear gloves, and then those dishwashing gloves and they didn't start any new trends...or if they did, zane schwenk was the only one to follow it. (haha, kidding folks, kidding) But maybe if he wore ONE glove...yes, one glove. It would be like flair. THEN people would copy it.

EXCLAMATING!! Have some...
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-19-2004, 6:55 PM Reply   
i havnt landed a raley since I got my new ricky G board. Can I join?