Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 22, 2006

Old    alanp            05-17-2006, 9:07 PM Reply   
i was just channel surfing and this 16 yo chick on mtv was shopping for cars with her dad. they decided on a 92,000 bmw. why couldnt have i won the gene pool lottery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! argh
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-17-2006, 9:12 PM Reply   
that kid Darnel just got a brand new S550, he said it was $115,000!!!
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-18-2006, 1:33 PM Reply   
Rough..... Just imagine how much more gratifying it feels earning it for yourself. Ha, ha, LOL.

Truly though I don't think your doing your kid any favors by spoiling them like that. What else is there in life if you don't have anything to dream about. I've been around kids like that and for the most part they don't have any respect for anything or anyone. I know there are exceptions to every rule.
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-18-2006, 1:39 PM Reply   
it goes the other way too.

my ex, bless her [diagnosed]psychotic/neurotic/narcissisitic heart, earned everything she has and called me spoiled because i my parents pay for all my essentials: gas, food, car, etc. she said i wasn't worth anything. f*** her. i am a much better person based on my respect for all others, even her after all the s*** she put me through.

(Message edited by madchild1 on May 18, 2006)
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-18-2006, 1:39 PM Reply   
I cringe whenever i see those sweet sixteen shows on MTV. What a waste of money.
The funny part is that the Dads usually look like Gangsters or something. It makes me wonder how they made their money. or maybe they just went into crazy debt for their little princess.
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-18-2006, 1:40 PM Reply   
i see that too. lots of the time i tend to believe it is all new money.
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-18-2006, 1:41 PM Reply   
oh alan, you going to out on the water for memorial?
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-18-2006, 1:45 PM Reply   
i don't have a lot of money, but after raising my little girl for close to 3 years now, i can honestly say if i DID have a lot of money, it would be really hard not to do stuff like that for her. not saying i would, but just saying i'd want to. i know it's cliche, but if you don't have kids, it's kind of hard to understand.
Old     (jpk)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-18-2006, 1:57 PM Reply   
That's not the gene pool lottery, it's the born-at-the-right-place-and-time lottery.

If they won the gene pool lottery, they would look like supermodels or Shaquille O'Neal.
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-18-2006, 2:48 PM Reply   
I don't think I would want to look like Shaquille O'neal
Old    alanp            05-18-2006, 8:46 PM Reply   
madchild yes ill be out there. friday afternoon and then saturday early(like 6:00am). are you gonna ride with harry?
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-19-2006, 5:02 PM Reply   
i might be out there early. it all depends on the previous night. my boat'll be out there and i hope harry comes out to play. he's been working around the house like a madman lately.
Old     (nickdakoolkat)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-19-2006, 11:40 PM Reply   
Shaquille O'Neal genetics?...so your saying you want to look like King Kong? LOL!

I seriously can't stand how spoiled/mean some of those kids are. I always love to see kids who weren't invited because they aren't "cool" enough come and as they always say "ruin my freaking birthday party"...I simply don't understand why they feel their birthday is such a big freaking deal? On my birthdays I am completely happy with a few gifts from family/friends and some awesome bbq, topped off by my mommy's homemade chocolate cake.