Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 29, 2010

Old     (clubjoe)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-15-2009, 7:20 PM Reply   
Well I got back from B/V a little while ago, and I finally did it.... I jumped in with the zipper completely open

I was so busy yappin, that I just jumped in. I thought how strange that the suit wasn't needin burping, then I noticed my back was cooling down quickly (I was wearing sweats)......

I did a quick check, but it was too late! my suit was flooded, and the boat was already moving away! Well I got picked up and poured out the suit before trying again.. DOH!!!!

I'm hopin that'll be the last time
Old     (duffmangt)      Join Date: Jan 2008       12-15-2009, 7:30 PM Reply   
haha thanks for sharing...needed a laugh today
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-15-2009, 7:55 PM Reply   
hahaha too bad I missed that one.

Well how was the new board?
Old     (clearlakescott)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-15-2009, 8:02 PM Reply   
Sure your boys didn't get you either way funny for them
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       12-15-2009, 8:39 PM Reply   
Oh man... that's rough... lol
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-16-2009, 7:21 AM Reply   
i just got a drysuit. havnt used it yet. im just waiting til the day i do the same!
sorry to hear it thoughh
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-16-2009, 7:47 AM Reply   
Reminds me of the old days when we used to zip up a rider just heading into the water and leave 1" unzipped.
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       12-16-2009, 9:47 AM Reply   
1" for air..... thats our motto..LOL
Old     (mellowman)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-16-2009, 1:01 PM Reply   
Funny, but not really. This type of thing could quickly turn into a tragedy. That suit will pull you straight down.
Old    mcbean7            12-16-2009, 1:21 PM Reply   
^^^I don't think so. Even if the suit fills up, shouldn't it be neutrally buoyant? I could be wrong.
Old     (clubjoe)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-16-2009, 2:29 PM Reply   
Yuppers... they are neutrally bouyant, but very hard to move in. I was wearing my vest so no chance of gettin dunked either.

Antbug- I didn't ride the board you sent me first, but I borrowed Chuck's (he was there for the show). I like it, but def will take a couple of rides for adjusting. It had the short extensions on it, but I'll be trying without when my replacement board turns up, just to compare.

I think I T-boned a seagull when i was out there too
Old     (jtnz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-16-2009, 2:31 PM Reply   
Unless you're wearing lead (like if you were diving, which you won't be) you'd be alright I think. A full dry suit would be neutrally buoyant, and wakeboards float.

Smart idea wearing a vest too. I know some people think that since a drysuit traps air you don't need them but on a hard slam I bet you get at least a little water in the suit.

(Message edited by jtnz on December 16, 2009)
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-16-2009, 7:08 PM Reply   
I laugh every time I hear that. "The suit will pull you down". Hilarious.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       12-17-2009, 10:05 AM Reply   
Yeah contrary to popular belief you dont sink like a rock if you jump in with your drysuit open.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       12-17-2009, 12:53 PM Reply   
I hope thats not popular belief...
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-18-2009, 7:07 PM Reply   
Ha! Only you Joe! That's great. Oh, wait, Kim and I have both done that too, along with a couple others. Nevermind!

BTW - Hope you have a great Christmas! Passing through B-Town Sunday to visit Fresno again. Woohoo!