Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 04, 2009

Old     (joesell)      Join Date: Apr 2001       08-22-2009, 3:17 PM Reply   
I have Wakeboard Pro version 6.0. It's worked perfectly for 9 years. It doesn't want to wind up the cable anymore. Everything seems to be working correctly. But when I try to do the "auto-tighten" test, when it starts up, the servo won't do anything but vibrate back and forth. Is my servo junk, or am I missing something?
Old     (justridin)      Join Date: Oct 2002       08-22-2009, 3:22 PM Reply   
Try turning the knob on the servo motor. If it does not turn easily the motor has seized. If that is the case you can buy the raw motor from Perfectpass but first try taking it apart. With some cleanup and oiling you may get it to work again. From your description it really sounds like that is the cause of the failure.
Old     (joesell)      Join Date: Apr 2001       08-22-2009, 3:27 PM Reply   
I can turn it pretty easily with the key off. But I can it feels like a super fine tooth ratchet would feel. Kinda like it has teeth, or a gear.

Has anyone ever taken one apart? Is it a pain in the A$$?
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-22-2009, 4:21 PM Reply   
It sounds like the motor is bad. It should not have any ratcheting feel when the key is off. I have taken them apart and freed them up but it doesnt last long and yours being 9yrs old i would just replace it.
Old     (wiltok)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-22-2009, 5:22 PM Reply   
Sorry to threadjack - but my 'down' arrow stopped working today. It's been a real wet week here so I am hoping it just needs to dry out. Anyone else run into this prob? I assume I can just buy the control /dash unit if nec.
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-22-2009, 6:12 PM Reply   
never had that problem but yes you can buy just the gauge part if need be
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-22-2009, 6:24 PM Reply   
I had a servo fail several years back with similar symptoms. Bottom line, if it fails the servo test you need a new servo.

My display crapped out last yr, same symptoms, buttons stopped working. I bought a replacement PP display off Ebay for cheap. I think you can get PP to fix them as well.
Old     (wiltok)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-23-2009, 6:13 AM Reply   
Thanks - will look at Flea-Bay.
Old     (spencer3840)      Join Date: May 2005       08-23-2009, 10:37 AM Reply   
Does your perfect pass wind up ever or just not in the test mode? I had the same thing happen to mine but during the test it wouldn't move. Talked to the guys at perfect pass and they said it was a lose wire at one of the plugs or the grey box. Sure enough I unplugged them and messed around and the test worked.
Old     (joesell)      Join Date: Apr 2001       08-23-2009, 5:32 PM Reply   
I took the servo apart today. I expected to find all kinds of corosion. To my suprise, I found none at all. What I did find though, was that the part of the motor that spins, was magnetized.

Is it suposed to be?

I didn't think it was, so I did my best to de-magnetize it. When I put it back togther, it was a lot smoother, to spin by hand. But it still didn't work.

I'm going to call PP tomorrow and see what they say. Unless anyone has any more ideas.

Thanks for all the help so far, Joe
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-23-2009, 6:12 PM Reply   
They'll tell you that you need a new servo motor.
Old     (xpjim1)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-30-2009, 10:21 AM Reply   
My perfect pass back light comes on but no writing. The servo spins freely by hand but does not auto tighten when boat is turned on. Do you think it is caused by bad servo motor or do I have more than one issue?