Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 03, 2009

Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-01-2009, 5:37 PM Reply   
11 more days

... 9 more days if you want to include the hyperlite rail jam at Antelope Point Marina on the 10th at 11:00 am

my biggest curiosity now is EXACTLY where the event will end up taking place. last years beach was just barely under water a little over a week ago which means it is fully under water now. 'course there are plenty of other spots. i am sure, like last year, they will scout out some spot(s) a week or so before the event. Cant wait!

http://www.liquidforce.com/brostock09.htm
There is some info on the event schedule and the riders present. looks like there will be a bit of representation from all the teams, including Company wake!

Speaking of the rail jam at antelope. i went out there (for the 7th failed time to use the winch... UGhhh, i am getting frustrated with their workers!) and took some pics of the new rails. The rainbow one is the newest and was put in only 2 weeks ago or less.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-01-2009, 5:40 PM Reply   
sorry i did not get a close up of the first rail...

3 obstacles all together.

the rainbow one is definitely awesome, with the box at the side. keep in mind this is a small town with little to no local wake scene. so this is some major progress for Page, arizona, lakepowell

http://www.wakeworld.com/getarticle.asp?articleid=2208

(Message edited by wakerider111 on June 01, 2009)
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       06-01-2009, 5:42 PM Reply   
Last time I spoke with Aaron Grace of Liquid Force, he said that they were looking to do the same location as last year if at all possible.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-01-2009, 5:50 PM Reply   
ohh and launching at either antelope or wahweap will work as the Castle Rock cut IS open... more open than last time as the water level is higher and the cut was dredged over the winter 6 ft deeper

Upload
Upload
these were taken Mid May. water is even higher now and higher later.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-01-2009, 5:55 PM Reply   

quote:

Last time I spoke with Aaron Grace of Liquid Force, he said that they were looking to do the same location as last year if at all possible.

it might work, but there will be more bushes i think. David, if you remember how the water nearly covered the whole lower sandy area at the END of bro-stock last year? That is exactly how high it was looking memorial day.