Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 23, 2004

Old     (supraman)      Join Date: Jan 2002       08-19-2004, 10:36 AM Reply   
Check this out: Glass and Powder board shop.

All 2004 wakeboards from Hyperlite, Gator, Liquid Force and CWB are majorly discounted. Regular boards are about $200 and balsa boards are about $300. Act quick because I wouldn't be surprised if this goes away for MAP reasons!
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-19-2004, 11:08 AM Reply   
Damb. There out of the Absolute. Anyone know where to get an 04 Absolute 141 (maybe platinum) for a good price?
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-19-2004, 11:13 AM Reply   
$130 for 04 Ultra!!!!!!!!!!!!
I may get a spare.
Old    kbsmith88            08-19-2004, 11:43 AM Reply   
Too bad the were out of Eras in my size last night! I was gunn get them for 150 shipped.
Old     (ttuclint)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-19-2004, 12:27 PM Reply   
they are pretty much sold out of everything though.
Old    aaronmarkson            08-19-2004, 2:28 PM Reply   
how do you know they are sold out of everything? Does it say on the website?
Old     (cocheese)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-19-2004, 2:32 PM Reply   
nope, the website dosen't say anything but also dosen't list everyting.
Old     (joshljoshl)      Join Date: Jul 2000       08-19-2004, 2:50 PM Reply   
WooHoo! Just ordered the last Parks 143 Bio board.
Old    cheeseinaz            08-19-2004, 3:39 PM Reply   
I tried ordering a Byerly 137 and some LF bindings for my wife and it initially accepted the order but then they emailed me back an hour later saying they were sold out. Talk about a buzz kill.
Old    aaronmarkson            08-19-2004, 3:51 PM Reply   
dang, that sucks! To get all excited about a new board and then get let down like that. I am thinking about getting a new board. What made you decide on the byerly? I have ridden it and liked it, but am also thinking about the parks board, have you ridden this board?

Aaron
Old     (joshljoshl)      Join Date: Jul 2000       08-19-2004, 4:02 PM Reply   
I rode both the Parks and the Byerly back to back. I loved the Parks and I didn't like the Byerly *at all*. At the same time there were other guys in the boat that thought the exact opposite. The Parks like to pop you up with a lot less effort, whereas the Byerly really has to be pushed to be effective, IMO. The Parks is more sensitive to even front/rear foot pressure - if you have too much on one foot, it will try to throw you into a loop that way. I think it boils down to riding style, so taking anyone's recommendation on this forum is risky... you need to ride them yourself. :-)
Old    cheeseinaz            08-19-2004, 6:38 PM Reply   
Yeah, ride them both yourself. I thought the Parks was going to be the shiznit and I thought the Byerly was too gimicky, then I demoed each one. I rode the Parks one weekend and I was getting not as much air but was landing waaaay out in the flats. I felt a bit reckless on it. The next weekend I rode the Byerly and I seemed to have much more control with my turns and the pop was (for me) more vertical. Totally opposite of what Josh thought. It does come down to riding style. You really can't go wrong with either board IMO.
Old     (fumanchoo)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-20-2004, 7:19 AM Reply   
The sale and G&P is the BEST.But you better get there early.They sell out in a day of most of there inventory.I have a 141 Platinum Absolute waiting for me to pick up tomorrow here in Raleigh,NC for 300 bucks.I am riding one tonight to test.If I dont get it I can pick it up for someone who is willin to send me a cashiers check plus shipping and maybe some gas money????
Old     (evil_e)      Join Date: May 2004       08-20-2004, 7:36 AM Reply   
Hey Matt, you making it out to Seattle again any time soon? I'm outa town in Hawaii for the week of Labor day but I'm around the rest of August and after the week of Labor day...if you've got work out here let me know and we'll hook up for a day out on Sammamish.
Old    wakeboardn4life            08-20-2004, 12:25 PM Reply   
AWSOME I JUST GOT THE NEW SUBSTANCE 142
Old    midohionautique            08-20-2004, 12:32 PM Reply   
Mid Ohio Nautiques has the same sale prices on all 2003 and 2004 HO and Hyperlite product left in stock. You can talk with Kellie @ 419-929-9119
Old     (supraman)      Join Date: Jan 2002       08-20-2004, 12:37 PM Reply   
David, Hawaii, huh? I was down in Sanibel, FL, last weekend for a dealer meeting. What a mess - we were caught dead in the path of the hurricane with millions of dollars in yachts to protect. Luckily, both yachts and employees came through OK. However, the meeting facility was wrecked. You'll certainly have better weather.

It's been pretty crazy here getting things rescheduled and preparing for boat show season. I'm going to try and get a trip up there on the calendar this fall, and I'll definitely give you a call. I REALLY appreciate the invite and I'm looking forward to checking out your boat. All the best,

Matt
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-20-2004, 1:38 PM Reply   
Thanks Matt, I just bought a Tement DNA for 290.00.
Old    wakeboardn4life            08-21-2004, 5:08 PM Reply   
yah well there pretty much out of everything now they called me and sayed they sold out of the substance a couple of weekes ago so im just gunna get the 05 substance i bet its sick