Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (jondextan)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-31-2010, 3:48 PM Reply   
happened to a Co. Severance board i bought from Evo last June, he was only able to use it a few times. the bindings used were the latest Gator Signature bindings with the 6" plates.

if i could have this warrantied, anybody know who i should contact? email only please. thanks!
Old     (joe_crawley)      Join Date: Jan 2007       10-31-2010, 6:41 PM Reply   
damn, how'd that happen? I'd send an email to information@companywake.com and contact evo and see what happens.

Last edited by joe_crawley; 10-31-2010 at 6:44 PM.
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       10-31-2010, 8:54 PM Reply   
No probably not. I broke an 09 Severence and they couldn't do anything about it. Super cool about it though I mean, they looked for some good deals but it didn't quite work out.
Old     (drew_reynolds)      Join Date: Aug 2008       10-31-2010, 10:29 PM Reply   
board companies with flex like slingy typically dont warranty stripped inserts. They would only warranty it if it was with their boots, not with another companies.
Old     (jondextan)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-01-2010, 6:16 AM Reply   
failed railey on cable

i did tell my friend to just get the 4-screw bindings from either slingshot or company but he wanted these gators (i ride a 2010 REsponse and D2 bindings myself).

i'll try to email them anyway. thanks guys!
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       11-01-2010, 6:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew_reynolds View Post
board companies with flex like slingy typically dont warranty stripped inserts. They would only warranty it if it was with their boots, not with another companies.
I can't say that i've had the same experience with SlingShot. they replaced a board or two for me that had stripped inserts.
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       11-01-2010, 7:04 AM Reply   
Cable Raley... eek. You hadn't slid it had you? I haven't dealt with Company personally, however, in my experience with warranty departments, they usually quite helpful with things like that IF you haven't used the board on sliders at all. So.... take the boots off it, take a picture of the board, explain what happened, and ask them if using a non-Company boot affects your warranty eligibility. Hope it works out for you! Best of luck.
Old     (melvinator)      Join Date: Apr 2001       11-03-2010, 9:58 AM Reply   
Just got a new company and they got rid of the 4 hole inserts, why???? I replaced my boots with d2's just to get the flex on last years severance and now this?
Old     (drew_reynolds)      Join Date: Aug 2008       11-03-2010, 4:26 PM Reply   
slingy and company had the four hole pattern because it removed heel and toes lift and let the board flex easier. When you had the slingy 4 hole pattern on a slinghot board, it allowed the board to flex not old tip to tip but side to side. WHen you have other boots on it, it puts too much pressure on the side to side flex and thats why they rip out. The problem with those older 4 hole boots was that you were too high off from the board and you didnt get a good feel of the board. The 2011 RADs are completely baseless so you get a perfect feel of the board underneath you.