Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 04, 2005

Old     (jeffreyala)      Join Date: Dec 2004       03-31-2005, 9:07 AM Reply   
I have a boatmate (moomba)single axle trailer. Does anyone here know if it is possible to add a swing away tongue? I can't fit my boat in the garage, but could if I had a swing-away. Where can I find one?

Thanks,

Jeff
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       03-31-2005, 9:14 AM Reply   
Get a hacksaw out and cut the end of it off, then weld a joint on with a hinge and a pin. Bingo!
Old     (jeffreyala)      Join Date: Dec 2004       03-31-2005, 10:23 AM Reply   
I ended up calling boatmate trailers. Great bunch of folks there! They are going to hook me up. It does require some plates, a housing, brake lines etc.....

If anyone ever needs this done then email me for details.

Thanks!

Jeff
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-31-2005, 10:30 AM Reply   
http://pivithitch.com/

You can also turn it into a receptacle type if it has box tubing in front, sometimes that is fairly easy to do without any welding, it does however require a disconnect joint for the brake line.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-31-2005, 11:17 AM Reply   
I had my old boatmate cut and re-welded and looked and worked great. Little bit of matching paint and you are good...
Old     (jeffreyala)      Join Date: Dec 2004       03-31-2005, 1:07 PM Reply   
Thanks guys. Hey Diggs, how much did they hit you up for the cut and re-weld? I am looking at around 130.00 for the kit and just need to figure in labor........
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-31-2005, 4:12 PM Reply   
you know I am not sure cause I had the dealer do it as part of the deal. I am sure it was pretty minimal or he probably would have put up a stink... Ask a few dealers and I am sure you would be looking at a couple hundred to have it done???????
Good luck
Old     (breadbutta)      Join Date: Dec 2003       03-31-2005, 4:27 PM Reply   
You could also go removable. By cutting, inserting and welding an extender which both pieces would fit over. A couple of holes for the pins to hold it together and your good to go.
Old     (jeffreyala)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-01-2005, 6:00 AM Reply   
Thanks Diggs. Yeah Bruce, I was thinking of that as well. I will have to research a good machine shope that can do it and then see what the cost would be. I really don't care if it's swing away or removable. Either one will work. It will come down to the price. I need to save for the gas money this year!!!!!!!!:-)