Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 01, 2005

Old     (wakeboarddad01)      Join Date: Dec 2003       02-23-2005, 5:09 PM Reply   
I see the dates for the WWA Nationals are August 24th to the 28th in Kenosha, Wisconsin. Does anyone know much about this location? I mean whats the lake like and how far is the airport from the venue? Is it pretty much like last years location in Indy? Any suggestions???? Thanks....
Old     (mvda)      Join Date: Dec 2002       02-23-2005, 5:23 PM Reply   
Mike, I know nothing about the site, but where did you get this information? Thanks.
Old     (wakeboarddad01)      Join Date: Dec 2003       02-23-2005, 6:14 PM Reply   
Matt, We got the rider's information letter that shows all the tournaments for the year.... such as the Mastercraft Pro Wakeboard Tour, Correct Craft WWA Nationals, Pan American Wakeboard Championships.... If you entered any of these tournaments last year than your on their email list. ( Worlds Sports and Marketing Events for 2005 ) Does anyone know the closest airport to Kenosha Wisconsin to fly into?
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-23-2005, 6:33 PM Reply   
Ah yes, Kenosha Wisconsin... It's just like the south of France, but not. I can't wait to go, I hear the night life is dabom. I am so happy that they picked this venue. Our family will be there a month early!
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       02-24-2005, 10:41 PM Reply   
So it is seriously going to be in Kenosha this year? Why did that win over Indy?
Old     (mrmoomoo000)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-25-2005, 7:29 PM Reply   
the closest airport is Mitchell Field in MILWAUKee. i dont know about the lake tho
Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-26-2005, 5:20 AM Reply   
I think the real site may be in a town called Pleasant Prairie, WI, which is a few miles from Kenosha itself. Prepare for a rockin' good time -all the cheese curds you can eat!
Old     (seahorse)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-03-2005, 12:36 PM Reply   
As a part of the reason that the stop is at that location, I will give some input:

The location where they had the stop in Indy wouldn't let the WWA be there anymore, so we were approached by some "high aboves" so suss out a location, as they want to keep it in the midwest. (FOr a number of different reasons.) Jayson and I have some connections to this location, and it is very nice.

It is a short drive to/from Chicago, and an even shorter drive to Milwaukee. The area of Downtown Kenosha is very nice - big city feeling with a small town atmosphere. And more importantly, it's less than 30 minutes to THE BOARD SHOP!

Jayson and I are doing some promotional work with the WWA crew to get some really cool events happening in the area, so watch for more details. (Any ideas?? Let us know!)

With the amount of riders in Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Minnesota and surrounding, I think it will be a great central location, and easily accessable for anyone who has to travel a little farther than we do. Here's a link that tells a bit about the park: http://www.pleasantprairieonline.com/parksandrec/prairiesprings/prairieamenities.asp

Any more questions, advice, etc., just email me!! earthsoul@yahoo.com

Keni