Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 13, 2007

Old     (jbwaken)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-07-2007, 3:29 PM Reply   
Have some buddies coming in from Florida interested in a house, cabin, or house boat for rent for Memorial at Lake Berryessa. So far looks like they are booked up. Anyone know of anyone cancelling or have a spot they would be interested in renting??? If so please feel free to call me.....408-515-8864 THANKS!!!!
Old     (nickdakoolkat)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-08-2007, 8:55 AM Reply   
Good luck finding a place, mybe just get a few tents and camp! All I know is we have to find a new place to party, they are closing the bridge on all big weekends...LAME!!!!!
Old     (kottonm0uthking4)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-08-2007, 9:15 AM Reply   
I say we all tie up just outside the bridge! lol
Old     (jbwaken)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-08-2007, 9:30 AM Reply   
Yeah, I new it was a shot in the dark....
Old     (nickdakoolkat)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-08-2007, 10:02 PM Reply   
that could work, but they are closing the bridge
Old     (cmawsr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-08-2007, 10:14 PM Reply   
IMO "the bridge" has become lame. I've been going to Berryessa for about 25 years and been partying at the bridge for about 15. It has gotten ridiculous. gangstas showing up in xstars is becoming the norm..... i have much more fun partying in a secluded cove with friends not having to worry about my boat all day long. There once was a time when most people that went to the bridge were fellow boaters out having a good time. I would say that 30%-50% of the people out there now on a holiday weekend are first time boaters with a chip on their shoulder.
Sorry but I doubt you'll find a place to stay this late in the game
Old     (lukeduke95)      Join Date: May 2002       05-08-2007, 10:31 PM Reply   
Chris, the majority of those gangstas actually just park in the lot by the bridge and walk down the hill to the water. Hopefully by moving it somewhere else we wont have this problem.

I have yet to meet gangstas that owned one of the boats in any of the groups I have tied up with.
Old     (jbwaken)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-09-2007, 8:10 AM Reply   
i have a spot just trying to help out a couple of buddies....
Old     (jv210)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-09-2007, 12:35 PM Reply   
Chris when I first started going to the bridge, back in 98 it was the best time I've had out there. Each year after that I could see it go downhill just like you said. I still have a good time partying there, but could do the same down the lake with just the friends boats.
Old     (jv210)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-09-2007, 12:35 PM Reply   
Joe B who needs a place to stay?
Old     (jbwaken)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-09-2007, 3:40 PM Reply   
George, Anthony, Andy, and two other buddies coming in from Florida. He's been talking about it for months so I thought he had a house boat booked up already..He called me about a week ago stressed out he counldn't find a house boat, cabin, or house so a couple of guys are a little bitter....Just wanted to due my good deed for the week!!!

Jason-don't forget the pitbulls and the straps...Oh ya bring a wakeboard too...lol......J/K....not about the board...
Old    Ben Kerran            05-09-2007, 4:05 PM Reply   
Jbwaken-Nice profile pic. Did we met at Springride?
Luke-Are you at Berryessa Memorial? Would love to meet up for BBQ or a beer.
All-I agree it has gone downhill the last 5 or 6 years, but can still be fun. IMO depends on who you tie up with. I agree with Chris about just tying up with some buds in a cove. I have done that the last couple of years after a few hours of craziness under the main bridge. I hear the 2nd bridge is the place to be this year. Who else will be up for Memorial day?
Old     (jv210)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-09-2007, 4:17 PM Reply   
I'll be up there, I'm the one with the malibu parked in front of you when you were cleaning you boat sunday on the trailer.

I always have fun, but it's getting out of hand.
Where's the second bridge?
Old     (jbwaken)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-09-2007, 4:26 PM Reply   
Ben-Yes we did bud....Nice system by the way....I have to say that is one hump'n Centurion.....

Never been to the other bridge....Where's it at?
Old     (lukeduke95)      Join Date: May 2002       05-09-2007, 4:28 PM Reply   
8tens- I was talking with your Bro and he mentioned you guys would be up there. My girl is graduating from Sac State on that Saturday. (I know, lame. Holiday weekend??)
We were thinking of cruising down to Berryessa on Sunday though. It would definitly be cool to meet up.
Old    Ben Kerran            05-09-2007, 4:34 PM Reply   
If you are approaching the Pope bridge from say Monticello (or any of the resorts South of Putah Creek Area) there is a second Bridge just NE of Pope bridge by 3 minutes or so. (There is usually good water past this 2nd Bridge). From what I hear that is where everyone is heading now. I don't remember there being any walk in access, so it should be ok. Only prob is no 5 mile buoys.
Old     (lukeduke95)      Join Date: May 2002       05-09-2007, 5:51 PM Reply   
Hey Ben,

You are right, there is good water back there and there is a 5 mile zone. If there are a bunch of people riding there, it may be a bit rough though. I would imagine this is where the party is going to head.
Old     (cmawsr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-09-2007, 9:32 PM Reply   
There is a huge 5 zone behind the second bridge. if everyone heads there for the party there will be no riding going down.
Luke, your right that most of the problem people are shore whores, but in the past couple of years I've seen ALOT more non wake, jerkoff idiots on brand new wakeboats "cruising for chicks" and generally just looking for trouble. i've seen lots of changes on that lake but the wakeboarding "trend" has brought a whole new breed of idiots to the lakes.
This is the first year in a LONG time I will not be at a lake on memorial. My wife graduates that sat
Old     (lukeduke95)      Join Date: May 2002       05-10-2007, 9:19 AM Reply   
Chris- Is she graduating from Sac State or San Fran State? My bro graduates from San Fran, then my girl from Sac. Both on Saturday!!
Old     (nate138)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-10-2007, 4:31 PM Reply   
I was thinking they would end up in the putah creek campground cove. Thats where they all camp out anyways.
Old     (cmawsr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-10-2007, 5:14 PM Reply   
San Jose state, it must be a state thing
Old     (lukeduke95)      Join Date: May 2002       05-10-2007, 7:33 PM Reply   
Hey Chris,

At least at my girls graduation they are serving beer and nachos!!! I went to the winter grad at Arco Arena and they had concessions open and everything! They decided to hold it there again for the Spring grad!

My girl was pissed, cause she delayed graduating cause she wanted it outside. oops!
Old     (javony)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-10-2007, 7:47 PM Reply   
Hopefully everyone can come to a general consensus as to where to tie up and party that weekend. We booked campsites about 5 months ago at Monticello for the whole week and have been looking forward to it for awhile now. Last year was a blast out under the bridge but did get a lil out of hand at times.
Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-10-2007, 11:14 PM Reply   
I will be up, id love to meet up with some wake world buddies.

Im in a black and purple sanger
Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-10-2007, 11:14 PM Reply   
I will be up, id love to meet up with some wake world buddies.

Im in a black and purple sanger
Old     (josh_r_skater)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-11-2007, 6:14 AM Reply   
i know of alot of people that are bring there boats to the big point by markley cove you guys should come out there and tie up
Old     (calcio)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-11-2007, 11:46 AM Reply   
Chris is right about the change in clientele. Just thugs that buy a boat and grab 20 of their closest homies. Funniest thing is when you got a couple standing on the teak with socks and house shoes.

Jens graduating on Memorial day?...sweet you guys doing anything? Not sure if we are heading up to Spanish Flat yet. We won't be there on the 4th either. Got my commencement ceremony that day...finally done!!!
Old     (jv210)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-11-2007, 11:48 AM Reply   
How bout their black pants, wife beater and shoes swimming. Its's pretty funny.
Old     (riverratboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-12-2007, 4:51 PM Reply   
I have actually pondered the idea and talked to Putah Creek resort about doing a contest somewhere and have it roped off so you can tie up and watch some riding going on whikle partying. Basically like Boardstock used to be at Shasta. Boats on one side partyin and houseboats on the shore partyin. And an young Parks Bonifay shredding down the middle and stealing eveybodys girlfriend....lol...or one of my buddies. Hyperlite would provide the insurance through a grassroots contest plan. Its just finalizing with the resort and getting a permit. Anybody have a Sea Curtain?