Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 26, 2009

Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       03-26-2009, 10:51 AM Reply   
I did a search and found a thread on minibikes, but has anyone built a winch out of a motorcycle? I have a wrecked CRF250R that still runs, the bike is a total loss though and I was thinking about turning it into a winch. It should have plenty of horsepower.. It seems perfect, what am I missing? Are there any drawbacks?
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-26-2009, 4:34 PM Reply   
your missing 600 ft. of rope! (which i now have sitting at my house) it sounds possible.. but a motorcycle... hmmm.. cant help ya there.. unless you need to go out to eat, and then put my name in the credits for helping
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-26-2009, 5:05 PM Reply   
it should work. one of those has around 30 hp. i was thinking about turning my old kdx 200 into one. (i ride a kx 250 insead) but decided not to.
Old     (ship_of_fools)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-26-2009, 8:51 PM Reply   
Plenty of torque too. Just need to get the gearing (sprocket sizes) right. Plus you could switch gears to change the speed if you wanted....

Just curious how did you wreck the bike? How bad is it that it is a total loss?
Old     (bulletlines)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-27-2009, 7:05 AM Reply   
Here is one....

Upload

Ken Land
Bullet Lines
www.bulletlines.com
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-27-2009, 7:54 AM Reply   
Yeah howd you bust it up? I ride a CRF250 as well and my guess is that itl have more then enough power to pull a rider outta the water. Ive been wanting to do this too but not with my 250 but with our BBR xr50 with a 82cc big bore kit.
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       03-27-2009, 8:53 AM Reply   
I jumped it off a dune and it landed on the only boulder in about a 50 mile radius... I bailed out and landed on the down side of the dune. The tank split open and caught fire and burned all the wiring, plastic and melted part of the tree. Believe me, it's junk! I had it insured and bought it back from my insurance company after they scrapped it.
Old     (ship_of_fools)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-28-2009, 5:49 PM Reply   
Bummer that you busted it up. Hope you weren't hurt.

I ride CRF250R as well, I just got it. Can't wait to ride it.

Let us know what you work out with it. I am sure it has plenty of motor for you.

Maybe look into what you need to get the electric start to work on it from a CRF250X. That would be great!