Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old    corrie            11-02-2003, 6:10 PM Reply   
has anyone rode the new byrley board ? is it ok for intermediate riders}}}
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-02-2003, 9:51 PM Reply   
I heard it sucks(just from retail shops)...the cut sprays when you are toe side and it sits real low in the water
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-02-2003, 10:21 PM Reply   
Check the archives for numerous threads containing many many strongly stated opinions both for and against.
This board has been discussed and argued over so much it makes me want to vomit.
Ride it and decide for yourself.
Old    maverick_gear            11-02-2003, 10:57 PM Reply   
its not good for beginners, same with the parks get a Ricky G ERA or Premier....
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-03-2003, 4:56 PM Reply   
Corrie,
I did not mean to sound rude in response to your post, because your question was totally legitimate. I just get frustrated when people are always making such strong claims (about whatever) without any true first-hand knowledge. Also, I recognize that not everybody has the opportunity to easily demo a board, which is too bad. I'm gonna agree with Maverick, the Byerly and especially the Parks are boards that likely will be hard for beginners or even intermediates to ride with consistency, and they likely will not help you to develop a proper cut. The boards Maverick mentioned are good ones, and a lot of my friends also like the CWBs. My wife just tried a Blindside 5-0 and she was liking it a lot for her level of riding. She has all her standard 180s and is now going for method and indy grabs w2w at 75 feet, just for reference. Leslie Kent rode one for years. It pops pretty well with a proper cut and is very forgiving, and you can find them super cheap on the web. Hope this helps. Good luck.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-03-2003, 6:59 PM Reply   
ya its pretty amazing how many people have started separate posts about this. why not do a quick search and find the other posts first?

here's the first 3 threads that came up under a title search for "byerly":

1. >> Discussion Archives: Archive through October 11, 2002: Byerly vs. Byerly
Posts on this Page: 2
Last Activity: 05-Jun-2002 22:01, Relative Score 100%

2. Wakeboarding Discussion: 04 Byerly
Posts on this Page: 39
Last Activity: 04-Oct-2003 4:44, Relative Score 97%

3. >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives: Archive through August 29, 2003: new byerly
Posts on this Page: 2
Last Activity: 13-Aug-2003 16:16, Relative Score 93%

(Message edited by deepstructure on November 03, 2003)
Old    lachlantait            11-03-2003, 11:06 PM Reply   
how bout you just have a chat to the much loved justin butinsky im sure he'll set you straight and tell you a heepa BS while hes there!