Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2003

Old    lforcerider            08-28-2003, 11:36 AM Reply   
My dad is thinking of buying a new boat this winter so the price is a little bit lower. But the problem is he wants to buy a bayliner or something like that. You know, NOT a wakeboard boat. I've seen alot of tournament boats that i haven't heard of before, and i want to convince my dad to buy one of those instead. They seem to give off the best wakes. If anyone wants to give me arguing points to tell my dad like the price or the pros and cons for a lesser known tournament boat with around 200 hours on it that would help me out quite a bit. Thanks a lot
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       08-28-2003, 11:40 AM Reply   
Safety, I would key in on that big time. The prop is under the boat, not sticking out the back. Also handling, resale...etc.
Old     (bruce)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-28-2003, 12:02 PM Reply   
Demo one and see for yourself. Tige has a new entry priced boat called the "Switch" and its target market is for people who are consdiering making the "switch" from I/O to Inboards. The only way to draw a reasonable conclusion would be to try it before you rule it out. For some an I/O would be perfect. Having an I/O is better than no boat at all.

Here is an overview on inboards.

http://www.epinions.com/content_2047189124
Old     (rootc)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-28-2003, 12:14 PM Reply   
- Ease of maintenance. No outdrive to mess with.
- Safety!!!
- Ease of use - very easy to load and unload.
- Engine HP - most Inboards are running 300+ HP.

Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       08-28-2003, 12:27 PM Reply   
chicks! How you supposed to pick up chicks in a bayliner? Gotta go with the bigger boats.
Old     (midwesty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-28-2003, 12:41 PM Reply   
sorry man...but bayliners are not a good boat....just cheap enuf that they sway the consumer there way....do some research for yourself and print some pages out and hand them to him
Old    dvanoene            08-28-2003, 1:52 PM Reply   
was wondering if any body has any info on a moomba outback lsv. what is a reasonable price that i should expectt to pay for a new one?
Old     (noneya)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-28-2003, 2:20 PM Reply   
You can price one out here:

http://moomba.com/moomba.html

I think they are going for around 32-33 w/ tower and such.
Old    lforcerider            08-28-2003, 2:50 PM Reply   
bayliners are definetely not what i would like to see him get. i forgot to give the price of what he is willing to spend, which isnt a lot so i gotta do some research on this one. We're looking to spend around 25 000 candian on it so probably like 15 american. He isnt interested on dropping serious cash on this boat because we just cant afford it. Also if anyone wants to give some names of the less expensive tournament boats that would be awesome. I'm pretty new to wakeboarding so I'm not exactly sure whats out there
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-28-2003, 3:07 PM Reply   
JFK, ever owned a Bayliner? I have.. not only was it an awesome little boat for the money, it put up a really nice wake when weighted.

I think the older(pre-90's) Bayliners were junk.. but the newer ones are nice little boats. Would I trade my V-210 for one? No... but I wouldn't refuse to ride behind a properly weighted Bayliner.

B-
Old    lforcerider            08-28-2003, 3:25 PM Reply   
I'm not refusing to ride behind anything. A bayliner would be a huge step up from what we got right now. I would just rather have a tournament boat because lets face it, They kick the crap out of bayliners
Old    bmanİ            08-28-2003, 3:27 PM Reply   
svfara.. they are a canadian wakeboard boat manufacturer. I think they're based out in bc.. that would probably be a good choice.. ive seen a few on the lakes around here and they definately look sweet
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-28-2003, 4:06 PM Reply   
Moomba Bas Outback with an extended pylon will run just over 20k US (I believe) the best way is to go to a boat show, they always have killer deals, like engine upgrade or something like that. Perhaps a Moomba with like 20-80 hours on it. It's like new but with just a few hours. Under 100 hours and the boat is pretty much mint. My dad's got a 98 Mastercraft with like 250 hours(not enough I know) and the thing is just south of in perfect condition. Shop around and you will find a great deal. I have ridden behind a decked Bayliner as well and it was ok, speed consistency was bad though.
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       08-29-2003, 8:44 AM Reply   
Used ski nautique or a used mc. I think that they hold up better over time. If you get a ski nautique you can weight it to give a great wake. Older mc's are harder to weigh down, but they have a great slalom wake.