Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 02, 2007

Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       05-11-2007, 7:21 PM Reply   
How accurate is the CWB binding sizing chart when it comes to 'real world' shoe size? I'm wanting to score some '07 Zeus and my actual shoe size says I'm a medium on their chart (8-10), but my experience with bindings is that they tend to run small. I wear a size large '04 Zeus now. Shoe size is 9-10 depending on the shoe. Online stores are leaning towards large/xlg (11-12).
Thanks!
Paul
Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-11-2007, 9:50 PM Reply   
I cant speak for the zues but I have the vapor and got the 11-12 size which i think is a lg.xl and I wear a 13 and trust me they did not fit so i had to get the xxl. I would say if you wear a 9 but can also fit a 8 something like that you might be able to go a little smaller or larger but for me I can only wear a size 13, not 12.5 not 13.5. to get the right stuff just support your local board shop if you have one near you, its so worth it when it comes to support.
Old     (dcranium)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-11-2007, 11:12 PM Reply   
I have medium Faction bindings which are listed fitting size 8-10 and my 9.5 foot fits well (after a couple sets and they start to get broken in). After a couple days of riding last season the fit was perfecto!
Old     (watsoc)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-11-2007, 11:34 PM Reply   
I have the large 07 Zues bindings and I wear a 11 size shoe. My foot is a little narrow but I would state that their sizer is actually right on. I had the older Boss bindings and I was worried just like you are since they tended to be small.
Old     (brick)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-12-2007, 7:18 AM Reply   
I have the '06 Zeuses. I wear a size 9 in shoes and fit into the Medium Zeuses. The bindings fit pretty snug. You should probably try the large bindings.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       05-12-2007, 7:19 AM Reply   
They are pretty true to size, the 07 Zeus sizes are:
Sm 5-7
Med 8-10
Lg 11- 12
Xl 12-13
XXl 13-14
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       05-12-2007, 9:08 AM Reply   
Thanks for the replies everyone. I decided to give the mediums a shot.

I have to give a shout out to Jeremy at Buywake for hooking me up!
Upload
Old     (watsoc)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-12-2007, 2:53 PM Reply   
Paul - make sure you put a bowline (sp?) knot on the end of the recoil lace because I simply pulled on my recoil and the whole thing came undone. CWB sent me the replacement recoil and the strap but I had to wait a week. Once I got the new one it was really easy to fix and I used a bouline knot and it has been great ever since. I really like these bindings along with the simplicity of the recoil system.
Old     (2007_x2)      Join Date: May 2007       05-12-2007, 4:00 PM Reply   
hey paul u would be a size med in the zeus
Old     (dkmode34)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-12-2007, 4:02 PM Reply   
i rode 04 zeus' size xl and my toes would hang off of them.(shoe size 14) now my new zeus' size xl are way bigger and my toes have lke an inch to spare!
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       05-13-2007, 7:21 AM Reply   
Chris...I did some reading on that and will do so! If you have some more detailed information on where to put the knot, I'd appreciate it. Sounds like a repair I wouldn't want to make while waiting for a replacement.

Michael...thanks! That's what I'm going to try.

Thanks for the feedback. I can't wait for Santa UPS to come this week!

(Message edited by P-hat in Cincy on May 13, 2007)
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-13-2007, 8:00 AM Reply   
I think there pretty accurate. They take a little time to break in but once they are, its a great fit. I have wide feet so I had to put bottles in them to help stretch them.
Old     (watsoc)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-13-2007, 1:06 PM Reply   
The recoil lace ties at the top lace hole on the same side as the recoil system. In the pic above it is the the top right lace hole. I thought CWB had fixed this issue and the knot looked somewhat solid but my buddy threw a huge backroll and then tried to further tighten it down and pulled hard enougth that the knot gave way. Basically the recoil lace runs from the recoil which you pull on the to lighten the straps all the way through the lace lock up through the lace holes. It ends with a knot at the last lace hole. Just undo the knot and then tie a bouline knot which is basically the strongest knot you can tie in that type of situation. Basically it is the old rabbit coming out of the hole around the tree and back in through the hole knot. You should be able to find knot tying instructions online if you need help with this knot. I learned it as a kid sailing with my parents. Good luck and a 30 second fix to this problem is a lot easier then waiting a week to fix their stupid knot tying skills. They also have a link on the website that has a PDF and video on how to fix this issue but they simply say tie a good knot and most people aren't very good at this skill.
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       05-13-2007, 4:43 PM Reply   
Chis,
Thanks again. I know the 'old rabbit coming out of the hole and around the tree...' knot!
Thanks for the detailed explanation. I'll know exactly where to look and what to do!
Paul
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-13-2007, 11:45 PM Reply   
Upload
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-13-2007, 11:50 PM Reply   
seems the zeus has already changed a bit for 07

the pic above shows a curly q thingy on the side
mine doesnt have that

CHECK THIS THREAD EARLIER THAT I DID. THE PIC ABOVE COMES FROM IT
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-13-2007, 11:50 PM Reply   
seems the zeus has already changed a bit for 07

the pic above shows a curly q thingy on the side
mine doesnt have that

CHECK THIS THREAD EARLIER THAT I DID. THE PIC ABOVE COMES FROM IT http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65919/408446.html
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-13-2007, 11:57 PM Reply   
In the thread there is a post that tells of a better way to re-thread the whole system. I was the first to do a review for the binding (HUGE LONG REVIEW) and i wish i could edit it to tell people about it.
SO when you or someone else does a review on it please put the positive info from the thread and a link to the thread comments on your review to give the binding the review i believe it deserves
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       05-14-2007, 6:15 AM Reply   
Jeremy,
I think I read your review and that's where I learned of it. Thank you.

The 'curly q' is a "Limited" binding. I think I've also seen an all black "Limited binding". The black/grey/white is the 'standard'. Just different styling.

Thanks
Old     (watsoc)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-14-2007, 8:12 AM Reply   
I have the all black limited binding and it is sick. Just fix the knot and you are good. It is very easy to pop off the lace brake in the picture above. If you have questions then just download the video on how to fix it via the CWB website. If you change the knot out upfront then you won't have an issues and you will love the binding.
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       05-17-2007, 11:52 AM Reply   
Hey all,
The Zeus' were delivered today! First impression is that I'm going to love 'em! I was able to wiggle in dry! ...and I think the mediums are going to be perfect. I'll give them a tub test tonight.

The lace was definitely in need of the modification. I might have gotten a couple pulls before the original knot came loose. Put in a bowline knot and I'm good to go!

Thanks again for everyone's advice and direction(s)!

Original knot
Upload
Bowline knot
Upload
Overview
Upload
Old     (riz)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-17-2007, 3:36 PM Reply   
Where sizing is concerned:

All bindings with a contoured toe rubber are true to size. IE: Zeus, Faction, Deuce, Fuse, Sage, and Embers. The Torq and Vapors have an EVA non-contoured toe rubber and might need to be tried on before purchasing. The Sevens are not contoured, but are neo toes and should be very accurate in sizing.
Old     (watsoc)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-17-2007, 3:49 PM Reply   
Paul - that is exactly what mine looked like except the knot was a little tighter then yours. One pull and you would have had that recoil in your hand and the release strap would have sunk to the bottom of the lake. Enjoy the new bindings because I know I love mine. I really like the LE version you have as well. Sweet!
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-17-2007, 6:13 PM Reply   
glad your stoked.. and all and all even better without the temporary knot trouble... I hope my own attempt to fix/ rethread mine and the minor damage i caused will not one day come back to haunt me...
so far so good thogh!!!!
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       05-17-2007, 8:27 PM Reply   
Thanks again guys! I am stoked to try them on the water!

I did do the tub test tonight and getting into and out of these is going to be so much easier than my '04 Zeus...with much less (to no) lube! No more looking like I'm having convulsions trying to 'jump' out of my bindings when my run is done.

It'll take a few sets to get them broken in, but they are pretty comfy already.

I tried the lace wind-up tool. It works good. The only thing is that it feels like the lace could pull out of it at any time. I don't know how it's secured inside it, but I already found myself compensating by wraping the lace around my hand to take the brunt of the pull.

Hopefully weather and timing will work out this weekend to try these things out. See how quickly I can turn that white to brown/tan!

Pics of the setup...
Upload
Upload
Old     (2007_x2)      Join Date: May 2007       05-17-2007, 10:13 PM Reply   
looks awesome paul nice set up!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-18-2007, 10:55 AM Reply   
i don't know about sizing chart, but wait till you guys see cwb's bindings line up next year! i got to try on a couple and actually rode a pair. they're super sick!!!
Old     (watsoc)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-18-2007, 2:40 PM Reply   
Joe - what makes them so much better then this seasons. you are giving me buyer's remorse on my 07 Zues LE purchase.
Old     (jayson_49)      Join Date: May 2007       05-27-2007, 12:52 PM Reply   
dude, i have the 06 deuce's and i'm a 9...tried med, too tight, lg, still too tight so i went with the xl, perfect
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       05-27-2007, 1:05 PM Reply   
Jayson,
That's pretty crazy. I took my first couple sets on the Zeus last week and loved the way they felt. 2nd set they felt perfect. I'm glad I got medium. Large/XL and my feet would have been swimmnig in them.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       05-27-2007, 2:33 PM Reply   
Big Difference between 06 and 07 Sizing!!
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-27-2007, 2:41 PM Reply   
Joe, will we see ****ed toes possibly in the near future from CWB?
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       05-28-2007, 7:11 AM Reply   
I bet if I would have gotten size large, you wouldn't have been able to see my toes anyway!

Oh well...there's always going to be the 'newest' stuff coming out, but I'm lovin' the setup I have now.