Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 02, 2007

Old     (aubuchon03)      Join Date: May 2007       05-25-2007, 1:38 PM Reply   
SO I just got a new setup from CWB -
Transcend 138
Zues

I havent ridden cwb in around 7 yrs. So I need some advice on the brand. I am doing a promo with this line this year and could use some background advise.
ex.
-are there better fins to get (then whats originally sent w/ the board).
-which boots are more commonly liked.
etc..
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-25-2007, 1:55 PM Reply   
Their aren't any aftermarket fins for that board that I am aware of. Probably just going to want to ride it finless anyway. It grips pretty good without them.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-25-2007, 1:58 PM Reply   
I'm not really clear on what you're looking for, but I can tell you a fews things about that board.

It rules!! We have a group of about 5 riders...4 of them dropped their favorite boards for the new Transcend. It's the first "Big Rocker" board I have ridden that has great pop, and still rides super fast and smooth. I love the way it lands, edges, pops, everything. It's light and snappy feeling. I also dropped from a 141 to a 138. The smaller board is still fast enough. I never bury it in the flats.

I prefer it with no fins. The Platinum comes with two sets to adj the length. Some guys run just an extension on say...the switch toe edge for more hold. The extension let you control when the board releases from the wake also. It's the perfect board imo.

I love the Hinge boots, but I prefer the Fuses for the stiff ankle support. When and if they make a stiff boot with the Hinge, I will switch.

Welcome back. CWB is a great company with great rider support. Especially in Cali. The reps are great people and have supported our events from the beginning...even when it was a camping venue.
Old     (scott313)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-25-2007, 2:30 PM Reply   
I second Jrod, The Transcend is the best shape I've ever ridden. I ride it with the shorter fin extensions, it has just enough hold and still breaks free really easily.

The Zeus and Fuse bindings are great, if you prefer softer bindings try the Deuce or the Factions.
Old     (committed)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-25-2007, 2:39 PM Reply   
The Tranny is a great board, and I prefer it without the fins. There is plenty there to hold the line, without em. You'll feel it and understand. I don't care for the Zues, they just hang on another board in the quiver. I think they are too bulky, let face it, they're huge. I roll the "Ones" with the Tanny Platty, it's a great combo. Best of luck with the new setup.
Old     (aubuchon03)      Join Date: May 2007       05-25-2007, 4:44 PM Reply   
thanks for the comments.

I diffenitly am looking for a strong ankle support -

I thought the zues's were the answer- but its sounds otherwise. Which of the CWB binding have the best (stiffest) support?

Again- I havnt ridin the line in a long time so I practicully no riding experience with any of the cwb products (YET).

CWB seemed to have lost its flavor around my neck of the woods - so thats what I am trying to fill this year.