Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 28, 2004

Old     (bradzass)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-27-2004, 7:36 PM Reply   
Hey, we are in the market for a new boat, my dad, at the end of the day, is forking out the money.. we went for a cruise in a wakesetter, he liked it but he kinda wants a boat with an I/O leg on it.. is there any decent I/O boats out there that come close to being as good as a wakesetter or Tige, or should I just keep at him to get a V-drive?? Cheers..
Old    live2wakeboard            07-27-2004, 7:57 PM Reply   
try talking him to the wakesetter (it rocks). i mean if u want a boat that puts out a huge wake get the wakesetter. When u go to an i/o u r losing wake size. and if u go with a wakesetter go with the VLX the wake is killer

(Message edited by live2wakeboard on July 27, 2004)
Old     (jnewcom)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-27-2004, 8:25 PM Reply   
definetley talk the dad into getting the wakesetter. If you can talk him into it, he will end up loving it to proably. I don't think an i/o can compare, especially to the VLX.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-27-2004, 8:32 PM Reply   
what ryan said. I/O suck compared to v-drive boats in every category (wake size, power, handling, acceleration). Go with the VLX, I plan on getting one next summer because it is an awesome wakeboard boat.
Old     (wakeme884)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-27-2004, 10:11 PM Reply   
Brad, I have a 20' ski boat w/ an i/o, tower, fat sak, all the bells and whistles. Its a great boat, nice size wake, etc. My partner I board with bought a vlx a month ago.....my i/o is sitting with cob webs now...it will be for sale next season...just in time for me to get my own vlx......nuf said??????
Old     (bradzass)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-28-2004, 12:42 AM Reply   
yeah thats what I thought, we are looking at Tiges this weekend..