Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (SS_Hooke102)      Join Date: Sep 2011       02-13-2013, 3:49 AM Reply   
Seriously considering picking one up, ride an 09 one and love it, just super slow. I hear the new one is much faster? Opinions?
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       02-13-2013, 6:16 AM Reply   
It is considerably faster than the old One. Unless you are getting an unreal deal, you should go for the ATR. It weighs a bit more, but in general it is a meaner machine. Even for wake only, it will perform better.
Old     (SS_Hooke102)      Join Date: Sep 2011       02-13-2013, 9:01 AM Reply   
Thanks for the input, I will look into that for sure!
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-15-2013, 5:41 AM Reply   
Bryce, what size Modello are you looking at? I have a 2012 One Modello 143 that has only been rode a handful of times...would probably let it go for $200.
Old     (Delt725)      Join Date: Mar 2011       02-15-2013, 1:20 PM Reply   
If you are looking at the One and interested in getting a season old board look at the Timebomb core. Lighter and stiffer plus save a little coin compared to this season's Timebomb.

I switched to it last year and haven't looked back!
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       02-15-2013, 1:29 PM Reply   
God the old one.'s... Things an absolute slug.... Not at all loose....

Why the switch from the Hooke? You might be the first going back from SS to another brand in a while...
Old     (SS_Hooke102)      Join Date: Sep 2011       02-15-2013, 6:10 PM Reply   
@simplej - Quite frankly, I had a terrible experience with SS customer service and have had great luck with ronix and their customer service. I just feel like if your brand (especially in our industry) won't stand behind their product (and, or you) I don't have time for it. Besides that, the way that my slingy failed scared the s*** out of me. One binding insert ripped out completely and another stayed in... I really like my knees the way they are now, just saying.

@Ironjay - Man, I really appreciate the offer! I would be all over that like white on rice and a paper plate in a snowstorm, but I am a little small for a 143 .

@everyone else, So would you guys mind helping me? I really like Ronix and would like to stay with them, but I can't demo boards in our area and I really don't want to buy something and realize it isn't for me, you know? I like a really poppy board, but want something faster than the One, about the same or a little less grippy (tracky, tight, however you say it). I ride behind a star and tend to ride around 22-23 mph i'd say about 75% of the time my tricks are wake to wake and the other 25% are past, but when I go past I like to go for broke so something that lands a little soft? I ride 100% boat. If you have any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.