Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 19, 2005

Old     (churchy)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-27-2005, 12:22 PM Reply   
I am moving to Italy for a year. Can anyone give me any info about the wakeboarding scene in Italy and surrounding countries? It looks like there may be a cable park in Milan, but it is hard to find any info. Thanks.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       05-29-2005, 7:48 PM Reply   
Churchy,
There's a wakeboard & Waterski club / school in Giaveno, which is about 30km west of the city of Torino. The lake is called Grande di Lago and they use a MC X2. They are the only ones that are allowed to operate motorized boats on the lake so you don't have to fight rollers from other boats. I was there just a couple of weeks ago and the water was glass the whole time.
The rates from what I remember ran about 90 Euros for an hour, but the guy seemed flexible with the amount of time.
Anyways, best of luck and enjoy Italy. Ciao
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       05-30-2005, 6:52 AM Reply   
Churchy,
For information call 011-6966166 or 011-953-0825. A correction to the name of lake. It's Lago Grande di Avigliana. Avigliana is the name of the town before Giaveno.
Old     (churchy)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-01-2005, 9:38 AM Reply   
Thanks for the info Ryan. Anyone else have any info. Does anyone know anything about any cable parks?
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       06-01-2005, 5:32 PM Reply   
One more thing Churchy, there's a nice lake called Estevayer Le Lac in Switzerland where there's some wakeboarding. The Traeger brothers (Stephanne & Fredrique) are former pros from that area.

Don't know of any cable parks in Italy. Supposedly, Germany has MANY cable parks though.

Again, have a great year in Italy! I will be in Torino for the Winter Olympics in February. Make sure to cheer on the US Speedskating team )
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-02-2005, 1:37 PM Reply   
I went wakeboarding in Lake Caldonazzo... it was a really fun experience, but not the best wakeboarding. I found a waterskiing club, and they had a closed bow Ski Nautique with no backseat, much less any ballast, so I wasn't able to go big or anything. I think it ended up costing around $50 US equivalent for a quick session, but I don't really remember. This was like 5 years ago.

I don't know anything about cable parks out there. But I second how Germany is supposed to have a lot.

I will actually want to keep checking up on this because I'm going to Florence all of July!!! So hopefully I'll be able to go wakin again :-) Keep the info coming
Old     (churchy)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-03-2005, 2:25 PM Reply   
When I do searches, it looks like Milan has a cable park contest, but I can never get any good info on it.
Old    stormrider            06-03-2005, 3:03 PM Reply   
Close to Venice there is Lake Salo. They have a wakeboard club. I think Salo is close to Milan, as well.
Old     (levi)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-04-2005, 10:47 AM Reply   
Here is an article from a while back about the Italian wakeboard tour. It has a few contact people that I'm sure could hook you up.

http://www.wakeworld.com/getarticle.asp?articleid=135

When do you go? I'll be in Avezzano the last 3 weeks of July. If you ever go to the Singapore site there is a cable park about a 50 min. ferry ride away in Batam. Real nice guys......

ciao...
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-06-2005, 9:37 PM Reply   
I'll be in Florence July 2nd-28th
Old    can8            06-07-2005, 4:09 AM Reply   
Churcy in Milan there is a cable Park at Idroscalo. Near Turin you can ride to Viverone lake at Le Ski Nautique Wakeboard School this is the link to the website Http://www.wakeboard.it/LSN.htm the owner of this club is the ex coach of the italian team.
Kevin near Florence there is the Kerkyra '94 Wakeboard Center in San Mauro a Signa http://www.wakeboard.it/kerkyra.htm.

http://www.wakeboard.it italian forum with an english section where you can ask any other information.

Bye