Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 09, 2007

Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-29-2007, 3:32 PM Reply   
I know that I've seen a clear transom saver on this site....
does anybody have a link?
thanks
Old     (scott313)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-29-2007, 4:28 PM Reply   
http://www.keelshield.com/10.html
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-29-2007, 5:04 PM Reply   
thanks Scott
that's perfect
do you know if it is faily trouble free?
.........will it stay where it's put?
Old     (scott313)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-30-2007, 8:23 AM Reply   
I haven't used it yet, I just ordered some. Gordon has it on his boat and it seems to work well.
Old     (rake)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-30-2007, 2:21 PM Reply   
Stays put real well, just prep your transom according to the directions and make sure you squeeze all the water & air bubbles out when you install it. (like tint) Not as much protection as say gator grip or hydroturf, but sure looks a lot better in my opinion and saves buffing out marks.
Old    walt            03-30-2007, 4:20 PM Reply   
One hit and it will be FUBAR.
Old     (rake)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-30-2007, 10:01 PM Reply   
Nah Walt, mine's been thumped pretty hard and still holding up. Wouldn't want anyone's fins on it but for board bash it seems to work well enough.
Old    walt            03-31-2007, 7:23 AM Reply   
I have it on my boat and a couple of hard hits and it looked really bad. It did it's job but looks like hell now.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-31-2007, 8:56 AM Reply   
is it something that is permanent
or can it easily be taken off and replaced?
Old     (ifinallygota21v)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-01-2007, 6:00 AM Reply   
i would say get a transom protector from wicked wakes. they are removable, you can get them color matched to your boat and get them screened to say whatever you want (brand of boat, etc.)
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-01-2007, 9:08 AM Reply   
thanks
I will look into that also
I don't get the new boat for another month
...just trying to plan ahead

I know that when the kids are learning to surf, there are sure to be some mishaps

..and, when we are trying to get use to the larger VLX wake....
...I hear that with all MLS ballast full, a 700 lb sac in the locker, and the power wedge slightly deployed....the surf wake is huge

.....can't wait
Old     (spherren)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-01-2007, 11:00 AM Reply   
you can get the same material by 3M from any auto tinting shop. Its used to protect front of
auto hoods from rock chips.
Old    star_star            04-01-2007, 4:42 PM Reply   
call howard morton at wickedwakes.com. he makes a tremendous padded fabric transome saver that is held on with suction cups. remove to clean behind and no glue or permanancy. only $55. i just had my transome re gel-coated and I didn't want to have all of the newbs (myself included) scuffing it back up.