Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 16, 2003

Old    lakesideluver            06-13-2003, 3:57 PM Reply   
i built a kicker with 55 gallon drums a frame and ten ft pvc, its all centered and even but when i first put it in the water the barrels were to floaty so it was extremely tipsy, so i filled the barrels with water and now when the water shifts in them it tips all the way over please help??????
Old    lukem            06-13-2003, 4:06 PM Reply   
we used tractor weights for mine, it is about 12 ft long, 8 ft wide and 5 high, put 100 lbs on each corner. made sure the line is tight, it done move at all. for my slider we did the same but took a anchor and tied it to the front of the kicker and pulled the rope tight then dropped the anchor and made sure it was stuck good, and it hasnt moved since
Old    lakesideluver            06-13-2003, 4:31 PM Reply   
so i was thinking of using cinder blocks all the way around, do they actually need to go to the ground? is so how the hell do u make sure the line is tight?
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-14-2003, 2:40 AM Reply   
mike- i had the same problem. here is what i did. 3 layers of 1 1\2 foam (home depot) 16"x4' on both sides acting as wings. its almost imposible to hit them unless you really mess up, plus i was able to add a small slider that we can hit on a return pass. it is friggin solid. i have two barrells inside filled 1\3 with water.

Old    lakesideluver            06-14-2003, 7:36 AM Reply   
i dont understand and i cant see where your foam is also how much does it cost........my kicker looks a lot like yours it is just very tippy
Old    lakesideluver            06-14-2003, 7:43 AM Reply   
hey but the way my kicker has only two pieces of pvc 4" about six inches apart i see you have four pieces and they are closer together, i built mine that way so the fins would be inside the pvc did ii do wrong???
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-14-2003, 8:35 AM Reply   
it might work. a bit sketchy but if your a good rider it shouldn't be a problem. if it is awkward then add another piece in the middle.the foam was $15 at home depot in the lumber dept for insulation. here is a better picture

Old    lakesideluver            06-14-2003, 9:11 AM Reply   
can i ask why is it sketchy to have only two pvc pieces? if i put one in the middle wont it be harder to hit? my ramp is made on a 2 x 12 board so one 4 in pvc on each side of the board i thought would kind of be easy to hit am i wrong? by the way thanks for the advice
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-16-2003, 7:23 AM Reply   
yes my friend. you want more pvc.