Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (holmes)      Join Date: Jan 2010       09-14-2010, 8:52 AM Reply   
I don't post often but I have to share a proud moment. Last couple of outings my kids have decided to ride hard and push themselves with great results. We are nailing 180's, HS TS W2W, slides, grabs, switch, and finally decided to go inverted. My 14 year old son made a few cheesey attempts without injury, and then started launching the HS Tantrum and just sliding out. Well, he/we got it!!! He is pumped, I'm pumped, our crew is pumped, and our 12 year old wants to try. Dang, we love the lake!

Don't hammer me on the video, it's so hard not to watch the action live, but film. The video is ok and this was my first attempt at a sequence shot so it's just cut and paste.

Here is the video of the HS Tantrum. Positive energy in the boat is manditory!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgfCg...e_gdata_player

This actually caught us off guard, he just decided to throw a TS Tantrum
Name:  TS Tantrum Sequence.jpg
Views: 1265
Size:  56.0 KB
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-14-2010, 9:09 AM Reply   
That is awesome! Congrats
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-14-2010, 9:10 AM Reply   
Clean Tantrum! Congrats.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       09-14-2010, 9:17 AM Reply   
John ~~ Congrats on the Stoke of the kids progressing! That Tantrum was super clean and booted! Just a heads up the TS Invert is called a TS Backroll. It's cool to see people get excited about landing a new trick. My first Tantrum I think my pop's was more excited than I was. Thanks for sharing!
Old     (holmes)      Join Date: Jan 2010       09-14-2010, 9:27 AM Reply   
Thanks for the comments and the help! I have such trouble with trick names....is there such a thing as a TS Tantrum?
Old     (shredthegnar87)      Join Date: May 2010       09-14-2010, 9:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by holmes View Post
Thanks for the comments and the help! I have such trouble with trick names....is there such a thing as a TS Tantrum?
ts backroll
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-14-2010, 9:41 AM Reply   
both tricks look great congrats.
Old     (trio)      Join Date: Jan 2010       09-14-2010, 9:41 AM Reply   
Nice! Looks like he had done them a thousand times! Very clean. Keep pushing it!!

There is no TS Tantrum. The TS Backroll is about the closest thing. Have him try HS Backrolls next. I am sure he will be putting them down in no time!
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-14-2010, 11:07 AM Reply   
yeaaaaaaa!!!!
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       09-14-2010, 11:34 AM Reply   
So smooth...looks solid. Congrats! I still remember that feeling...talk about an adrenaline rush!
Old     (Hyperlite550)      Join Date: Jun 2010       09-21-2010, 3:16 PM Reply   
awesome! i wish i was more comfortable going inverted, i cant do it for $hit. though i am getting closer every time.

my big trick for the year is a heelside 360 handlepass. we had a bet, if i landed it dad would buy me a case of monster, after we shook on it, i landed it 4 times in a row.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       09-21-2010, 4:28 PM Reply   
I LOVE THIS THREAD!!!

John you totally remind me of my Dad, he would pull me for hours and hours and hours while I worked on tricks. And do things like you said, "hey try that Tantrum Toesdie" was and still is one of my favorite quotes from him. Way to spread the stoke of wakeboarding to your kids, I see more and more parents just buying thier kids $60k+ wakeboats and not speanding any time in the boat with them, you are insiration to all dads!!!
Old     (bradmo42)      Join Date: Jan 2006       09-21-2010, 8:17 PM Reply   
That is good stuff. I used to do the same thing with my dad. Every morning before school for me and work for him we would catch a set. He was one big terminology fail but one awesome driver and supporter haha
Old     (Bill_Dad)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-21-2010, 8:32 PM Reply   
hey john,

so stoked for you and your son, it is such a great sport when you get to see your children have so much fun and you are with them. I have 3 boys that all wakeboard and always have a great time when they go out riding. Enjoy the fun john you are a lucky father
Old     (deltawake)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-21-2010, 8:44 PM Reply   
Way to go! I love it when dads get excited about their kid's progress. Absolutely nothing like a boat to build close families. Congrats!
Old     (nicvtx1994)      Join Date: Sep 2009       09-22-2010, 5:00 AM Reply   
that was soooooo clean, looks like hes been landing them forever
Old     (holmes)      Join Date: Jan 2010       09-22-2010, 9:48 AM Reply   
Hey guys, thanks a ton for all the positive coments!!! I was hesitant to post because is have seen some post go south soooo fast. Andy, thanks a ton! No
$60k boat here, well maybe once it was, but now it's pushing 900 hrs!!! We started on a "Cajun" center console fishing boat that was a loaner, just to see if my kids would like wakeboarding. I always made them board first, working on the basics, with one run being switch...only after we did something that required some skill would we get the tube out and drag'em. If my kids only knew how bad my neck hurt Monday mornings (no mirror in the Cajun), they might not be so picky about the water, tunes, wake, or other variables!!!

I do realize I am an extremely lucky person, our boat has truly been a blessing to our family!!!!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       09-22-2010, 10:20 AM Reply   
John,

Seriously I cant tell you how cool I think it is to see parents like you giving thier kids the right tools for the job as they need them. I started wakeboairding 16 years ago behind a Lund fishing boat, then we got a Crownline i.o., finally 4 years into wakeboarding we got a ski boat, a 19 foot ski brendella, I wakeboarded and my brother skied the bouys. In the late 90s when the first wakeboard specific boats started popping up I begger my dad to get a Mastercraft. The next summer he made a deal with me, if I could when the first INT contest (in outlaw although back then I think it was called expert) and If I learned 2 mobes he would buy an X-star. That was all the motivation i need I would get up at 430 am set the boat up, my dad would come down at 5am to pull me until 630am when he would have to go to work. Then at 4pm I would set the boat back up and ride till dark, by the first INT even I learned 3 mobes and dominated the event. I didnt even care that I won, as soon as the results where I raced up to my parents and said, lets go buy an X-star! The rest is history.

Keep it up John I think you are an inspriation to all parents.
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       09-22-2010, 12:08 PM Reply   
yeah