Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old                06-06-2005, 4:36 PM Reply   
I know this really doesn't go with trick tips but i couldn't find a better section. I recently started wakeboarding and am planning to head out and try and do my first wake jump next weekend. One thing i seriously need to know is DO YOU NEED A TOWER ON YOUR BOAT TO GET HIGHER AND FARTHER WHEN YOU JUMP THE WAKE? or can i at least go w2w? please reply
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       06-06-2005, 4:48 PM Reply   
YES
Old                06-06-2005, 4:53 PM Reply   
You will get by just fine with out a tower for jumping wake to wake and grabs and other simple tricks like that. Though once you start trying flips and more spins it definitly helps to have a tower.
Old                06-06-2005, 5:53 PM Reply   
ok thanks :-)
Old                06-06-2005, 7:44 PM Reply   
One thing a tower helps alot for is getting you out of the water you wwill notice a difference if you get one. You pop right out.
Old                06-06-2005, 8:47 PM Reply   
A tower helps SOOO much. It wont make you better but it will allow you to get much better than without one. The worst is riding on a boat w/o a tower after you have been riding with a tower for a while. Get a monster! www.monstertower.com

Clay
Old                06-07-2005, 8:25 AM Reply   
Whats the difference from a pole and a tower other than the racks and the speakers and stuff
Old     (smokedawg311)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-07-2005, 8:34 AM Reply   
nothing...cage just doesnt take up room in the middle of the boat
Old                06-07-2005, 4:46 PM Reply   
so it works just as good??
Old                06-08-2005, 8:13 AM Reply   
Sorry to go off topic to this thread.... But what is a typical price for a decent tower with board racks and install? How hard are they to install?
Old                06-08-2005, 8:21 AM Reply   
Check out this link, they make some sweet towers.
http://www.phatbudde.com/
Old     (smokedawg311)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-08-2005, 8:42 AM Reply   
yes...works just as good as far as riding performance. any way you can get the rope up higher the better. is a physics thing....with every force there is an equal and opposite force. with every force there is an X and Y component. THE X IS WHAT YOURE INTERESTED IN. it is an actual upwards force when loading the line and releasing that force when you pop off the wake.
Old                06-08-2005, 2:45 PM Reply   
what would be the cheapest yet best quality tower or cage to get?