Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through September 24, 2004

Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-29-2004, 8:20 PM Reply   
Haas anyone done it? How did it turn out? Is it slick? Do you have any pics?
Old     (bmblbee)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-30-2004, 5:35 AM Reply   
I did it and it worked great. Make sure you cover all the mounting hardware to keep water from getting under the surface. No pics and the boat is gone but I was very happy with it.
Old     (captainfreedom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-30-2004, 9:23 AM Reply   
Do a search on Rhino and you will find lots of info. Cliff in Seattle did this last year and seems to like it. He posted pics last year on this project. There is a difference between Rhino, LineX, and the others in relation to how slippery/grippy it is. The archive posts talk a lot about that and should answer your questions.
Old     (blastmaster)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-30-2004, 2:16 PM Reply   
Ty:

I"ll post my sanger deck done in Linex about 2 months ago. Looks awesome and wears better than I could have imagined. You know my lab is always on the boat and my deck was very scratched and now it looks new and perfect all the time. NO it does not get very hot either surprisingly. Cost was $150 and I did the prep sanding. Dont hesitate.

Rick
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       08-30-2004, 2:23 PM Reply   
Did you do it over a composite deck or a teak deck?
Old    howie            08-31-2004, 12:41 AM Reply   
anyone local in san jose my buddy does alot of bed liners and would love to do a deck shot me a e-mail I will send his number. worth it less than the normal shop.
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-31-2004, 7:10 PM Reply   
look into gator grip before you make the choice, ive had it on my ski platform for three years now and its still in great shape and should come off easily with a heat gun. Its also plenty grippy when wet or dry
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-01-2004, 6:41 AM Reply   
i am just more interested in the no maintenance deal.
Old     (ryankid)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-01-2004, 8:14 AM Reply   
ANyone spray that stuff on there trailor?? I have some bad rock chips on my new trailor and i thought about coating the inside with something, so no more chips.
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-01-2004, 12:27 PM Reply   
TY, I have a Rhino Lined swim step. It's marine lumber I believe that was coated.

Looks cool and no maintenance... but.... it is not comfortible to sit on and is hard on the bottom of boards.

I ended up covering it with black marine carpet. The carpet is on its 3rd season and looks great, feels good to stand or sit on and is easy on the bottom of boards.

My teak step was been retired in the garage since.
Old     (blastmaster)      Join Date: Aug 2001       09-03-2004, 9:42 AM Reply   
Here are the pictures of my deck aprayed with Linex. Not great pictures cause boat is in garage.

Linex deck

Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-03-2004, 10:13 AM Reply   
Rick ~ How much did that cost you?
Old    wakecord            09-03-2004, 10:22 AM Reply   
Ryan:

I have Line-X on the axles of my trailer. 3rd season: no chips. I'm thinking of doing the fenders, steps and leading edges next year.

(Message edited by wakecord on September 03, 2004)
Old     (blastmaster)      Join Date: Aug 2001       09-03-2004, 11:46 AM Reply   
Cost me $150. I removed hardware and did light sand job. They did advise me to roll the outer edge with a a belt sander as a rolled edge takes the material better than a square edge so there wouldnt be any thin spots.

Rick
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-03-2004, 11:51 AM Reply   
looks awesome and I like the laundry basket also...
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-03-2004, 11:57 AM Reply   
what is the scuff in the middle?
Old    swass            09-03-2004, 12:09 PM Reply   
In the name of all that is right....NO!

How 'bout a faux marble finish? That would look sweet.

(Message edited by swass on September 03, 2004)
Old    chavezychavez            09-03-2004, 1:20 PM Reply   
Line-X all the way. It is a softer compound than Rhino which won't scratch up your bases.

Swass, don't knock it - it works and works well. Permanent solution for a platform that no amount of teak oil will bring back.

Old     (blastmaster)      Join Date: Aug 2001       09-03-2004, 2:32 PM Reply   
Actually the white stuff its not a scuff and it wasnt there till this morning. The kids put a rug on the deck to hang and dry and thats the rubber backing stuck to it. It will brush off easily.

Ty:
The basket goes under the front seat and keeps the towels dry if we take a wave over the front. Dont knock it too hard, it was the wifes doing not mine.

Rick