Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 29, 2010

Old     (watersun)      Join Date: Jun 2009       01-11-2010, 6:41 AM Reply   
Looks like I will be at Bull Shoals Lake the week after the 4th of July and was wanting to see if anyone could tell me good places to ride and also any good cliffs to jump off of, etc.

We will be staying at Ridgecrest Resort, which is at the far east end of the lake in Midway, AR. Any help with good places to ride, etc. would be greatly appreciated!
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       01-11-2010, 7:54 AM Reply   
Pull up to Bull Shoals Boat Dock and you'll find all kinds of help -- and if you want any, probably riders too if you pull up in a SAN 210. The good diving cliffs are on the west shore pretty near the dam. You can't miss, you'll see the other boats. If you ride early and late you probably don't need to know any special cove. By midday, the favorites like three sisters are likely to be over-loved.

If you want more precise info, let me know and give me a couple days (to bring my maps in), and I'll give you some mile markers.
Old     (kylek306)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-11-2010, 8:16 AM Reply   
We will be there the same week. What Jonathan said is pretty much spot on. We usually houseboat it. Pm me if you want to hook up and ride while you're there.
Old     (jnewton7)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-11-2010, 9:01 AM Reply   
Its an awesome place for sure....we houseboated last summer....here's a taste of what to expect!

Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-11-2010, 9:36 AM Reply   
email shaun@theboardingschool.com and hope that he has time to answer the email because that trip he setup at bull shoals looked about as perfect of a trip as you can have.
Old     (tom_paz)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-11-2010, 11:01 PM Reply   
www.bullshoalslakeboatdock.com

they'll hook you up.

(Message edited by tom_paz on January 11, 2010)
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       01-12-2010, 10:12 AM Reply   
Bull Shoals is one of the best places to ride in North America!

Email Cindy here:
Cindy Eastwold cae@southshore.com she is the one that set up our trip with Murray. She is the owner of Bull Shoals Boat Dock.

(Message edited by solo on January 12, 2010)
Old     (geterdone)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-12-2010, 10:15 AM Reply   
2nd Steven Hahn Great People.
Old     (watersun)      Join Date: Jun 2009       01-12-2010, 12:11 PM Reply   
Thanks for the information on places to stay guys, but as I mentioned above, we already made plans to stay at the Ridgecrest Resort on the far east end of the lake. I am mainly looking for the best places to ride and anything else we should see/do while we are there. Thanks again.
Old     (kylek306)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-12-2010, 12:27 PM Reply   
Some of the caves are fun to go look at and trout fishing is top notch if you're into it. We usually just
ride in Jimmie creek and the three sisters. Anybody at the boat dock will tell you where they are. Freshwater diving is pretty good there too.