Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       03-09-2020, 8:55 AM Reply   
Same. Although I did pick up a ton of VTI today. Gonna be an interesting week.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-10-2020, 9:36 AM Reply   
My buddy is day trading even while we are on a snowboard trip.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-11-2020, 3:31 AM Reply   
Buy...Buy...Buy..
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-11-2020, 7:13 AM Reply   
I sold everything last week. Completely in cash. Refuse to follow this down (again).
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-26-2020, 3:18 AM Reply   
Well the market has broke so many records in the last week (good and bad). I personally think next week it drops back down to 18,500-19K. Then we will see the steady increase moving forward. I have talked to a ton of business owners and financal guys over the last 3 weeks and that is the general consensus as well. What are you all thinking?
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       03-26-2020, 3:19 AM Reply   
Yeah definitely haven't seen the bottom yet.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-26-2020, 4:19 AM Reply   
Agree, the unemployment numbers are staggering. I sometimes think these bumps are the big boys just playing with the little guys, sweeping the pot to their side of the table one more time.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-17-2020, 10:08 AM Reply   
Well, that was fun, DOW back up to 24k, these are the top stocks that bounced back after that last drop, so if it drops back down, these are sure to be winners, VZ, MSFT, PG, PEP, NOC, TMO, AMT, CM, NVDA, PYPL, SHOP, JNJ, LLY, good luck!
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-18-2020, 10:30 AM Reply   
Another big day today and its time to claw from 24K to 28K.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-21-2020, 10:15 AM Reply   
How do we go to 28K with 30%+ unemployment?
Not sure how we are at 24K
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-21-2020, 11:20 AM Reply   
95 - Because the investors know this is all BS and guying when money is very cheap. They also know that business have to return or go out of business and its just a matte of time. There are companies like Best Buy, Home Depot, Walmart, and industries like oil, medical and travel that are set for massive returns. The investors are always looking 6-12 months out. Also when the free unemployment + 600 runs out in 2 months those people will be back to work!
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-21-2020, 12:10 PM Reply   
No doubt some companies are killing it now. Also many wont be back, tho most of the never to return are smaller and not public. I can see 50% or so going back to work soon, like you say. I got a gut feeling telling me there is another big drop remaining. Good luck on your investments!!
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-27-2020, 2:59 AM Reply   
The stock market it back open and it is on the climb the last two days. Lets hope it stays on course.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       05-27-2020, 5:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
How do we go to 28K with 30%+ unemployment?
Not sure how we are at 24K
agreed
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-27-2020, 6:23 AM Reply   
25,400 - Let's gooooooo
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-03-2020, 12:45 PM Reply   
The investors dont believe the media it appears....
Attached Images

Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       06-04-2020, 1:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalow View Post
95 - Because the investors know this is all BS and guying when money is very cheap. They also know that business have to return or go out of business and its just a matte of time. There are companies like Best Buy, Home Depot, Walmart, and industries like oil, medical and travel that are set for massive returns. The investors are always looking 6-12 months out. Also when the free unemployment + 600 runs out in 2 months those people will be back to work!
So, this stock market has a Trump win in its forecast? I would like to be out of all stocks come election time.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-05-2020, 1:26 AM Reply   
28K very close.....
Attached Images

Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-05-2020, 3:54 AM Reply   
Come on 28k!!!!!
Attached Images

Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-12-2020, 12:09 PM Reply   
Dude, youre badluck^^
Ok, question.
If US GDP for 2020 is a negative number, say -3, what will the market do? Relation? No relation? Not enough info?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-14-2020, 7:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Dude, youre badluck^^
Ok, question.
If US GDP for 2020 is a negative number, say -3, what will the market do? Relation? No relation? Not enough info?
Depends how much air the FED blows in the bubble
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-15-2020, 5:52 AM Reply   
Yhea - the next 90 days I would expect volatility. As the virus, china, us economy changes. Also July31 the unemployment is supposed to come to and end and this people will have to go back to work. There are still TONS of people that are choosing to stay at home instead of going to work. I woudl expect that will have a significant impact on the unemployment.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       06-15-2020, 10:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalow View Post
Another big day today and its time to claw from 24K to 28K.
Why the obsession with 28k?
All the "experts" have been talking about a second bottom and it does not look likely to happen now, most of the States are in decline with the virus
https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/new-cases-50-states
and everyone agrees that it is game, set, match, once they find a vaccine.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-16-2020, 3:22 AM Reply   
Not obsessed at all with 28K, just a big number on the way back to 30K. I agree that there will be lots of unknowns and between the political climate and covid in the US, there are alot of variables. That does not even include worldwide happenings. I honestly expected the market to hang around 21K for awhile until things settled down a bit. There is also a real possibility of covid thing combing back wrong around election time which will impact things further.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-24-2020, 4:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Dude, youre badluck^^
Ok, question.
This morning, read an estimate of -5% for the year. wouldn't be surprised if it was lower.

I think fictitious fed driven rally will come to a screeching halt.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       06-25-2020, 5:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverd1 View Post
This morning, read an estimate of -5% for the year. wouldn't be surprised if it was lower.

I think fictitious fed driven rally will come to a screeching halt.
If there's more money in the system (i.e. fed prints money, buys securities), then the valuation of "the market" may be accurate but the value of the money may not. In other words, seems to me the risk is inflation not (necessarily) a market drop ... is we are ONLY looking at the variable of the Fed's buying spree.

equities are really the best hedge in an inflationary market.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       07-08-2020, 6:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
If there's more money in the system (i.e. fed prints money, buys securities), then the valuation of "the market" may be accurate but the value of the money may not. In other words, seems to me the risk is inflation not (necessarily) a market drop ... is we are ONLY looking at the variable of the Fed's buying spree.

equities are really the best hedge in an inflationary market.
Agree with all this. They've already committed to buying distressed corporate bonds and continuing to prop things up with stimulus. Big unknowns are inflation and how bad the stimulus makes our "balance sheet" (not fed balance sheet, debt vs GDP) look when all the check have been written and cashed.

Ive been super cautious since all this started and I've missed out on some big moves upward. Just don't understand how 35M unemployed, corporate layoffs announced every day and a drop in GDP is the time to buy more equities. How does TSLA, a company yet to turn a profit, go up 40+% in a week to become the biggest (250B) car maker by market cap??
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-08-2020, 11:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverd1 View Post
Agree with all this. They've already committed to buying distressed corporate bonds and continuing to prop things up with stimulus. Big unknowns are inflation and how bad the stimulus makes our "balance sheet" (not fed balance sheet, debt vs GDP) look when all the check have been written and cashed.

Ive been super cautious since all this started and I've missed out on some big moves upward. Just don't understand how 35M unemployed, corporate layoffs announced every day and a drop in GDP is the time to buy more equities. How does TSLA, a company yet to turn a profit, go up 40+% in a week to become the biggest (250B) car maker by market cap??
TSLA has 10% short sellers, I believe they used to have more, but they have also been hammered.
Everything this guy touches turns to gold, he sold out of his $70 short shorts on his Tesla website.
https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/...n-short-shorts