Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (OldDad)      Join Date: Feb 2011       07-01-2013, 7:08 PM Reply   
Any thoughts? I'm a beginner looking for my first and only board. I'm 49 years old and weigh a whopping 220. Thinking about a 143 Ronix District package. This will also serve as the adult community board.

I was originally thinking about the Slingshot Response but have heard it might be a bit of a challenge for the beginner. I have no brand issues/desires/experience. I told the sales kid that I wanted the pontoon boat of wake boards! ;-)

Obviously the kid was suggesting what they had in stock. They also had the Hyperlite Forefront with CWB Vapor bindings. Loved the feel of the bindings but know nothing about the board.

I simply want something that I will not fight back!!
Old     (theloungelife)      Join Date: Jun 2012 Location: Salt Lake City, UT       07-01-2013, 10:24 PM Reply   
The district is a great board. I don't think you would go wrong with it. I demoed one a few weeks ago. Speed and pop were both decent and it tracked well without any surprises. The Response is also a good board, but with the flex core, I don't think it will be as predicable as the district. It will have softer landings though, if you start jumping the wake.

I also know Travis Moye, who runs The Boarding School is also a big fan of the District too.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-02-2013, 6:13 AM Reply   
Go park edition if it is available, even if you don't hit terrain. This shape absolutely rips--super mellow, forgiving and poppy.
Old     (rplogue7)      Join Date: Jul 2012       07-02-2013, 6:32 AM Reply   
I ride the district and its great! It's light and predictable. I started using it not even knowing how to jump the wake, and now I can throw a variety of tricks. Great board.
Old     (OldDad)      Join Date: Feb 2011       07-08-2013, 6:59 AM Reply   
Well, picked up a 143 District this week and rode for the second time in my life yesterday. Had a blast. Only one face plant!! I have a LONG way to go but it was good to get out there with the kids. Also tried surfing for the first time ever. Popped up and was able to ride for a long way but couldn't drop the rope yet. I can see where this might be a lot of fun but I may need a bigger board.