Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (petrey10)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-01-2012, 4:40 PM Reply   
Looking for some info on how you guys load your boat. Sometimes I have a terrible time getting the boat onto the trailer sometimes its goes pretty quick.

How far are you guys lowering the trailer in the water? Are you driving onto the trailer with some power or do you just drop the trailer in as far as possible? Anybody have any youtube bids of you loading your boat?

I am just looking to get a little faster at doing it. I am loading it eventually but I don't wanna be that guy that holds everyone up.

My main problem is almost hitting the "V" type cradle with the safety hook eyelet.

Just looking for some tips from you experts. Maybe a video or two also!!!

thanks
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-01-2012, 4:46 PM Reply   
Be careful not to put the trailer in too far, the boat can go over the trailer at an angle and the prop can get into a fight with one of the bunks......I learned this the hard way one night..... I typically end up needing to drop the trailer in a bit farther once the boat is sitting on it so I can get it completely on without having to power load it much.

Apparently this is why power loading is bad!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q31Wl7Ten5o
Old     (jayson_49)      Join Date: May 2007       06-01-2012, 5:15 PM Reply   
The more u do it the better you get at it. I'm sure most load the same way with the trailer bunks barely out of the water..I drive on slow until I'm on the bunks, me or someone at the nose hooks, cranks and I'm usually still at idle to make it easier and then off we go. oh and I like to have ppl holding the guideposts to help make sure the boat is straight on the trailer...usually 30 sec or less...hope that helps!!
Old    mojo            06-01-2012, 5:26 PM Reply   
All trailers/boats will be slightly different, but basically back the boat in so most of the bunks are under water. Pop in and out of idle to drive it on. The trailer should be out enough so the boat does not get on totally floating. Then get the rudder straight and slowly give it gas to push it up. I prefer to leave the gas on some f need be( solo style) while I hook up the turnbuckle an winch. Slow is better than charging onto the trailer. The straighter u back in the less likely the boat is to move towards one side or the other when pulling the rig out of the water. Basically what homey above me said. With a little practice you should strive to be able to do it faster, smarter, and better than anyone else all by yourself.

Last edited by mojo; 06-01-2012 at 5:28 PM.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-01-2012, 11:45 PM Reply   
If you end up loading with people in the boat, get them in the back, and not all on one side so the boat sits level on the trailer when you pull it out.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-02-2012, 12:21 AM Reply   
Part of the trick is to commit. Don't try to adjust a lot when you are loading. If you think you are not straight then hit reverse early and go again.
My Sanger has a fair V the full length and always seems to sit straight on the trailer with no effort. It just centers itself as it touches the bunks.
My trailer is in to the top of the fenders and I idle in. Then throttle some to bump the front eye on the roller. Leave in neutral running and connect the front strap to the eye and tighten the winch some. Shut off and the trailer is pulled out.
Experience with your boat will make it easier.
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-02-2012, 5:04 AM Reply   
Pic of your trailer?
Old     (RedRum)      Join Date: Nov 2010       06-02-2012, 6:55 AM Reply   
Another tip: When backing the trailer in, back in far enough to get all of the bunks wet, then pull forward to your desired spot. The wet bunks will make winching the last few inches a little easier, not to mention easier on your gel coat.
Old     (travisz)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-02-2012, 10:48 AM Reply   
Drop it in till the the of your vender is about 1-2 inches under water... this will allow the forward bunks to be far enough out of the water and they will catch you before you slam in to the winch post... that should stop you about 1 foot away from the winch post.. then you can either winch your boat up the rest of the way or im kinda weird and look in the reflection of my truck and can see exactly where the nose needs to go... and motor her up (gently)... also leaving the forward bunks out of the water will make it easier to center the boat on trailer.

I have done this on an I/O trailer, old trailers and new trailers works every time.. Good luck
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       06-02-2012, 1:31 PM Reply   
I back in till the fenders are a couple inches out of the water. drive up, power up till the boat buddy clicks, turn it off and drive out. easy money.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       06-03-2012, 9:16 AM Reply   
I make my wife do it.