Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old    bigdtx            01-10-2010, 4:39 PM Reply   
First off I like Dallas next week against the Vikings - no matter where the game would be played but I want to give some props to Brett Favre.

The Cowboys last Superbowl was in 1995 when they beat the Steelers. One of the best games I've ever seen though was the NFC championship game that year when Dallas beat Green Bay at Texas Stadium. After the game Mike Holmgren personally came to the Cowboy locker room to congratulate Troy Aikman, telling him: "You were great - as usual".

Brett Favre was the Green Bay quarterback that day.

Dallas had the following on their roster:
Troy Aikman
Michael Irvin
Emmit Smith
Bill Bates
Jason Garrett (now the Cowboy offensive coordinator)
Daryl Johnston
Nate Newton
Deion Sanders
Larry Allen
Jay Novaceck
Russell Maryland
Charles Haley
Wade Wilson

The Packers had on their roster:
Farve
Edgar Bennett
Gilbert Brown
Mark Chmura
LeRoy Butler
Ty Detmer
Antonio Freeman
Keith Jackson
Dorsey Levens
Jim McMahon (can you believe it?)
Fred Strickland
Reggie White

After that trip down memory lane, it is amazing that Farve is not only still playing, but arguably has had his best season ever. That dude should go into the HOF the day he retires.
Old     (dlamont)      Join Date: Apr 2003       01-10-2010, 10:22 PM Reply   
As much as I can't stand Favre you got to give it up to him. He still can win and I'm can't wait for the Dallas game should be a good one.

Looking at that list of Cowboys makes me wonder what is the best QB, RB, and WR on a team at once. Aikman, Smith, and Irvin has to be up there. I like Montana, Craig, and Rice.
Any others?
Old     (zo1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-11-2010, 6:21 AM Reply   
Bradshaw, Harris, Swann...???
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-11-2010, 7:58 AM Reply   
Kurt Warner is only a year younger, performs and at the same level and doesn't get near the media attention Favre does.
Old     (zo1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-11-2010, 8:01 AM Reply   
that is because Kurt:

A. Started his career at 28
B. Is not a whiney Prima Donna
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-11-2010, 8:24 AM Reply   
and

C. Can win games in December
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       01-11-2010, 8:25 AM Reply   
This is going to be a great game. Favre is a great QB and has a lot of weapons on their offense. Peterson is great too but hasn't really made a big difference.

If Dallas defense can stop Favre, which I think they will it will be a win for Dallas.
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-11-2010, 8:36 AM Reply   
C'mon, you ALL know Romo will piss another playoff game away...please, Jared Allen is going to to be all over him
Old     (zo1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-11-2010, 8:45 AM Reply   
I don;t know much about MN. Dallas whooped the Beagles, but I think a large part of that was the Eagles broken down O line.

Sat's game was won with the Dallas D line vs the Philly O line.

McNabb never had any time to make a play. I think the same will hold true against the Vikes.

Romo also came a inch away from his all too known Playoff blunder with that near pic. He shat himself, threw the ball up for grabs and the eagles guy almost got it. With the way Dallas played, might not have made that big a difference.
Old     (fatsac)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-11-2010, 9:32 AM Reply   
Romo = Playoffs Self Destruct

I can't wait to watch!
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       01-11-2010, 9:38 AM Reply   
which retirment......
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-11-2010, 9:42 AM Reply   
I despise both teams. I despise Favre and his tarnishing of his legacy more...so go Cowboys!
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       01-11-2010, 10:12 AM Reply   
Fatsac? Didnt you catch Romo "self destruct" last week? It was great!!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-11-2010, 10:21 AM Reply   
Favre is a god.

I was a Green Bay/9ers fan for ever...until he switched... This year (next if he keeps playing) I'm all for MN... I hope he goes out on top with a super bowl... he deserves it.

It will be a good game but I think that if AP can HOLD ON to the ball enough to keep eyes off of Favre majority of the time, they'll crush Dallas... if AP fumbles/is worthless Dallas will take it
Old     (misteve)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-11-2010, 1:28 PM Reply   
The Vikes O line is a hell of a lot better than the Eagles, it will be interesting to see if the Dallas D line can get that same kind of pressure.

If they can't it doesn't look good for them...
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       01-11-2010, 3:08 PM Reply   
should be an explosive game
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       01-11-2010, 4:30 PM Reply   
Go Vikes, Go Adrian, Go Farve! I'm going to be hanging out with some brews enjoying this fabulous matchup! Minnesota all the way...although bias, Dallas is my second pick...damn!
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-11-2010, 5:26 PM Reply   
Homo chokes in the big games. The game against the Vikings will be no different.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-11-2010, 6:32 PM Reply   

quote:

By Jeremy (wake77) on Monday, January 11, 2010 - 8:24 am:

and

C. Can win games in December

So I guess you are just throwing those 12 playoff wins out the door? Along with the Super Bowl win....

Brett Favre stays healthy and takes his teams to the playoffs.

quote:

By GettingOlder (magellan) on Monday, January 11, 2010 - 9:42 am:

I despise both teams. I despise Favre and his tarnishing of his legacy more...so go Cowboys!

Yea....MVP like season....don't know how they will get that tarnish off....

People can hate on Favre all they want, but the guy is amazing. I don't care if he lays an egg this weekend. Guy is a gamer and I'd take him on the Broncos tomorrow.... Hell, wish we would have taken him in August....
Old     (iridelow1998)      Join Date: Jun 2006       01-11-2010, 6:38 PM Reply   
Some people just don't give any credit where credit is due. If Dallas goes on to win the superbowl the same people will make excuses for why they did, Peterson fumbled, Favre threw interceptions, Bush was hurt, etc. Face it, there's always going to be a winner and a loser. I don't like the Patriots but I can man up and say they've had some excellent teams over the past decade. You don't have to like any team but at least give them their due.

I personally don't care for Favre and that's only because of his prima donna actions over the last few years. I do think he's one heck of a quarterback and guess what? He's only won one superbowl in all those years.

If you think the true measure of a player being great is the number of championships they have won that's just plain stupid. In case you didn't know, your Tom Bradys and Troy Aikmans are exceptions to the rule. Almost half the teams have never won a superbowl and not because they've never had good/great players but there's a lot of luck involved too. Does the name Marino mean anything?
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       01-11-2010, 6:48 PM Reply   
I love all the ignorance in these threads lol
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-11-2010, 7:06 PM Reply   
Well after all, "Ignorance is bliss!" lol
Old     (wakechic06)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-11-2010, 7:06 PM Reply   
Dirt Dog, couldn't have said it better myself. I'm not a Favre fan, at all. Never have been but I can admit that he's had a hell of a career. I'm a huge Dallas fan, always have been, and I think Sunday's game will be a good one. We finally won in December and won a playoff game. Now people are still making excuses why; especially that Romo screws up playoff games. He won on Saturday, so can't really use that one anymore.
Old     (dlamont)      Join Date: Apr 2003       01-11-2010, 7:18 PM Reply   
Dirt,
if you don't measure a players greatness on winning then what do you? In the last 20 superbowls I would say only Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer are not HOFs all the rest of the QBs are.
Marino was a great QB, but he is no Elway, Montana, Young, Aikman, or Favre.
IMO to be considered great you have to win a SB. If Romo wins an SB I will consider him an elite QB but till then he is still the guy that fumbled the snap to lose to the Hawks.
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       01-11-2010, 7:44 PM Reply   
That ball was so greased the NFL instituted a new rule. Hawks have done allot since that game havent they lol but then again they are in a tough division bahahahhahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahah
Old     (iridelow1998)      Join Date: Jun 2006       01-11-2010, 8:20 PM Reply   
Darren, I didn't say you don't measure the players greatness on winning. I said you can't measure their greatness on how many superbowls they won. Jim Kelly, Dan Marino and Fran Tarkenton are just a few players who are clearly hall of fame players but did not win a superbowl. You're putting down a player who has been starting in the league for 3 and a half years, been to 2 pro bowls and at this point in his career has the 3rd highest passer rating in NFL history. Nobody is saying Romo is a hall of famer right now, people are saying he's playing some good ball.

3 1/2 years into being a starter Aikman was 27-27 with 54 td and 72 picks, Romo is 38-17 with 107 td and 55 picks.

Is Romo a HOF quarterback today? No, but obviously neither was Aikman 3 1/2 years in. Cut the guy some slack.

(Message edited by iridelow1998 on January 11, 2010)
Old     (zo1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-12-2010, 6:44 AM Reply   
Man If you can't give the cowboys props for beating the eagles twice they way they did then you have blinders on. Oh and I hate the Cowboys, but credit where credit is due.

Here is what will make this weekend interesting. The Eagles are still primarily one dimensional. McCoy and Weaver gave them more of a running game but not enough. That is why those two games were won by the Cowboys at the Line. Disrupt McNabb and game over. Vikes have the best rusher in the game along with the old Blue hair and some great talent at WR. Should be a good game.
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       01-12-2010, 7:35 AM Reply   
Its funny how there are so much Cowboy haters on here yet they are the most talked about team on here year after year.

Favre and Peterson are really good players. I liked watching them play this year but like I said Peterson hasn't done much the last half of the season. In fact the Cowboys have more rushing yards per game.

Either way I can't wait to watch this game.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       01-12-2010, 7:52 AM Reply   
Yea, seems like everyone is pissed their little NFL darling team is no longer involved!

This Is Romo's third full season. Do we really have to decide whether or not the guy is HOF talent at this point??
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       01-12-2010, 10:35 AM Reply   
Vikes will walk them
Old     (dlamont)      Join Date: Apr 2003       01-12-2010, 10:45 AM Reply   
I think Romo is a good QB, my agruement was simply that guys who win SBs are in another class than guys who don't.
What would you think of Jim Kelly had he won four SBs instead of lost four SBs?
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-12-2010, 11:38 AM Reply   
"I think Romo is a good QB, my agruement was simply that guys who win SBs are in another class than guys who don't."

but where would you rank Barry Sanders among the running backs? he was probably the most talented running back of all time. he was stuck on a horrible team for the entirety of his career, and left before he was done. I am a lifelong cowboys fan, so my love of people like TD and Emmitt is ridiculous. but I would take Barry over either of them.
Old    bigdtx            01-12-2010, 11:54 AM Reply   
Even the Cowboys players were ragging on Emmit for going on ESPN radio and predicting a 7-9 season, then showing up at the final game against Philly and putting on the division champs hat after the game. I guess it's ok but maybe he should have been a little more vocal about how wrong he was before then.

The guy was a great football player but a real tool otherwise.
Old     (zo1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-12-2010, 11:59 AM Reply   
I think Romo is a good QB, my agruement was simply that guys who win SBs are in another class than guys who don't.

Dilfer > Marino, Moon, Cunningham, Tarkenton, Kelly?

Dilfer = Farve, Young, P. Manning, Broadway Joe? and a host of others with one SB win?
Old     (dlamont)      Join Date: Apr 2003       01-12-2010, 2:16 PM Reply   
Look at my post above ^^ I said Dilfer and Brad Johnson are the only two QBs in the last 20 years to win a SB and not be HOFs. They both had some of the best D in the last 20 years to win.
I just think their is a difference between guys like Marino, Moon, Cunningham, Kelly vs. Elway, Montana, Manning. If you can win a SB it sets you apart. I could care less about how many yards or touchdowns you throw, I'll take SB rings instead. This isn't baseball (aka stats) this is the NFL where winning is everything.
Old    bigdtx            01-12-2010, 3:14 PM Reply   
Where's McMahon? He QB'd one of the best teams in the history of the NFL. The '85 Bears did not allow an offensive point throughout the playoffs and destroyed the Patriots in the Super Bowl.

Plus they had one of the Best/Worst/Cheesiest videos ever!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJNC3dgreaU

And by the way - the success of that team is what got Buddy Ryan the head coaching job in Philly, which lead to the bounty bowl, which is what created the Dallas / Philly rivalry.

So come on Rex and the Giants - let's get another one going!

(Message edited by bigdtx on January 12, 2010)
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       01-12-2010, 4:15 PM Reply   
People talked about Manning the exact same way they talk about Romo for years!!
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-12-2010, 7:51 PM Reply   
^^^That may be true but Romo aint no Manning, thats for damn sure! Im predicting Romo plays his whole career without getting a ring.
Old     (iridelow1998)      Join Date: Jun 2006       01-12-2010, 8:28 PM Reply   
^^^How do you figure that? Eli Manning is nowhere near Peyton but he has a ring. I would probably pick 10 qb's before Eli but he has a ring. Is he one of the great quarterbacks? The quarterback isn't winning or losing rings by themselves. It takes 22 + guys to make it happen no matter how great the qb is.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-12-2010, 8:56 PM Reply   
Alot of great QB's have no ring, that was part of my point.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-13-2010, 8:55 AM Reply   
"That may be true but Romo aint no Manning, thats for damn sure!"

I wish we could peruse the message boards in the years leading up to Peyton winning his SB ring.
you could just replace Romo with Manning, and insert Brady, Montana, Favre, etc. the talk is all the same. Romo is still a young QB in his third full season. how many years was Elway playing before he nabbed a ring???
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-13-2010, 9:00 AM Reply   
Little more perspective ahah
Upload

Upload
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-13-2010, 9:26 AM Reply   
^^^
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       01-13-2010, 10:05 AM Reply   
Ahh the ol greased football!! One of the biggest conspicaries in NFL history!! Shortly after the play above the NFL creates the "K" ball lol

Funny how people dont say schnit all year long and when their team fails to make the playoffs or even come close they pop up and start hating once their team is all forgoten lol I love it lol
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-13-2010, 6:36 PM Reply   
He must of got some of that greasein his eyes too! bahahahahahahahahahaha
Old    bigdtx            01-13-2010, 7:06 PM Reply   
We'll see who's crying this weekend.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-17-2010, 10:18 AM Reply   
go Favre go !
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-17-2010, 10:47 AM Reply   
Dunno,

That pic looks pretty appropriate after that last drive.
Old     (zo1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-17-2010, 12:22 PM Reply   
Tony romo in the house
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-17-2010, 12:38 PM Reply   
Bye Bye 'Boys, na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, GOODBYE! bahahahahahahahaha!
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-17-2010, 12:45 PM Reply   
I think it's safe to say that this one is over.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-17-2010, 1:21 PM Reply   
Skol Vikings, let's win this game...

on to New Orleans!
Old     (iridelow1998)      Join Date: Jun 2006       01-17-2010, 1:31 PM Reply   
Got it handed to them today! Another failed performance. Any qb other than favre throws a td while up by 24 with 2 minutes to go and everybody would be talking about how classless it was. I remember a similar situation with the pats and they were roasted for doing that.

Time to go back and start from the bottom. It's good to have something to pull for as opposed to a lot of losers who have nothing to gain other than hoping others are unhappy.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-17-2010, 1:47 PM Reply   
cowboys got wrecked today! ugh. gotta hand it to Minny's D. they were all over it today.
Favre IS indeed a classless tool. one of the greatest QB's of all time, but he proved again today why he is a classless tool.
like dirtdog said, anyone else does that they get roasted for it.

maybe this could be a good thing for the cowboys though. send phillips packing, and bring in cowher. or make phillips defensive coordinator and bring in Cowher.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-17-2010, 1:54 PM Reply   
Favre is a god, and has class to spare.
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-17-2010, 1:59 PM Reply   
"How'bout dem COWBOYS!"
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       01-17-2010, 3:05 PM Reply   
What a game. Cant believe the way Minesotas D line came to play. They just wrecked everything. We were running the ball really good but I had a feeling once we feel behind 7-0 it was time to abanden the run game as usual. Should be a great offseason though. Will be very interesting. It wss great to see Romo get over the hump and get a playoff win. He needs another reciever, him and Williams just cant figure it out, and having him on the field all the time is only hurting things. I think its safe to say Wade is on the hot seat lol Atleast the Cowboys players get to play in the Probowl lol

Overall it was a great year!

I also lost even more respect for Favre today, not only am I tired of his games every offseaon but that 4th down play was a low blow. O well, we made him look like a fool most of his career guess he was bitter lol The D was upset but they should have played it better if they didnt like it.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-17-2010, 3:07 PM Reply   
so it's Farve's fault for scoring the last touchdown? you don't think the Offensive Coordinator or Head Coach may have had something to do with it? if your coach calls a play, or your boss tells you to do something, would you not do it?
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-17-2010, 3:08 PM Reply   
I'd like to throw in the idea that there wouldn't of been that touchdown if the Cowboys could of stopped it. Just saying.
Old     (iridelow1998)      Join Date: Jun 2006       01-17-2010, 3:55 PM Reply   
Evidently Jay doesn't follow football or he would know that Favre isn't exactly known for doing what his coach tells him to do. Regardless of who called the play whether it was Childress, Favre or the o coordinator, if Favre wasn't party to the play it wouldve been called classless.

You can say the cowboys could have prevented the td but that's not the point. The point is that if 32 teams did that at least 30 would get roasted for it. Even the great patriots were roasted when they were perceived to have run up the score.
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       01-17-2010, 4:04 PM Reply   
Fact of the matter is it was a cheap shot on 4th down at the end of the game. We should have stopped it no whinning. I do believe in karma. What happened to Brady and the Pats when they were pulling that crap? Oh thats right they lost the Superbowl then in the first few minutes of the next year he got his knee blown out hmmmmmmmm

Im sure it will be talked about next week. Too bad to cause the Vikings played a great game but as usual Favre will get all the attention.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-17-2010, 4:55 PM Reply   
You guys are being waaaay too sensitive. Take it from a guy who had to endure losses like the one your Boys suffered today all season long. They stopped trying and got stung at the end of the game because of it. Dallas got a good ole fashion ass whooping today it happens to everyone and that's all there is to it.

BTW,

There's a great game on tv right now!

(Message edited by seattle on January 17, 2010)
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-17-2010, 6:05 PM Reply   
^word.

They either go for it and run, maybe get it, maybe not.... or throw and get it, maybe or maybe not.

If AP would have run it from that spot and scored would he be classless? NO! Favre on that play did was he does... MADE A PLAY, sure it wasn't needed but it was the nail in the coffin.

If I was a QB I would do the same thing
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       01-17-2010, 6:18 PM Reply   
Old guys rock. Young bucks, take notes.
Old     (dlamont)      Join Date: Apr 2003       01-17-2010, 9:39 PM Reply   
It's the job of the offense to score points and the defense's job to stop them. I didn't hear you Dallas fans calling Romo classless when you were running the score up on Philly.
What's classless is Brooking coming over to the Vikes sideline complaining and trying to instigate a fight.
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       01-18-2010, 6:24 AM Reply   
Man it was tough to see my Cowboys get demolished like that. The Vikings were just a much better team! Romo had no pass protection and was always forced with 3rd and long situations. I am surprised Jason Garett didn’t adapt and change up the playbook. I guess its tough to call any plays when you are getting pressure up the middle and the sides.

As far as running up the score, what can you do? Nothing. Unfortunately you just have to take your loss and finish the game.
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       01-18-2010, 8:37 AM Reply   
Darren? When did we run the score up on Philly? When did we try to score a td on 4th down with the gamein hand?you have no idea what your talking about lol
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-18-2010, 10:25 AM Reply   
I don't have a problem with the last score. I would like to think that it was more about sending a message to the Saints instead of one to the Cowboys. Who knows....

What if Dallas would have finally gotten to Favre on that play and hurt him. Who would be whining today?

I know that it isn't popular, but I like Favre. I hope that they win it all. It would be even sweeter if it were against the Jets

as for the 'Boys
it sounds like Jerry wants to continue the mediocrity. He is now saying that he is extending Wade's contract. I guess that we are just going to have to get used to being average

arg.....
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       01-18-2010, 10:55 AM Reply   
Guess I was right.

"Vikes will walk them"

^^^
Old     (mnwakepuck)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-18-2010, 11:10 AM Reply   
wah wah wah, go home cowboys. its the playoffs not a charity event..sorry you got beat down HARD hahaha
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       01-18-2010, 11:19 AM Reply   
Anyone crying about having the score run up should have their man-card revoked. And thats coming from a lifetime Dallas resident.

LOL seriously wah wah wah. We've done that stuff plenty over the years.

(Message edited by Stanfield on January 18, 2010)
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       01-18-2010, 11:22 AM Reply   
Favre is obivously still butt hurt about the three times we knocked him out when he was on the Packers lol Heck there is a good chance if it wasnt for the Cowboys he would be considered possibly the greatest QB of all time with 2-3 more SB wins...
Old     (dlamont)      Join Date: Apr 2003       01-18-2010, 11:46 AM Reply   
Richard,
Last game of the season your beloved Cowboys were up 24 - 0 and went for it on 4th down with like 6 minutes to go. You didn't make it. Sorry, I guess you tried running up the score but couldn't. My mistake.
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       01-18-2010, 11:53 AM Reply   
Thanks for making my point. 6 minutes to go. I understand though... I see where your coming from... Your used to watching your team getting their a*s handed to them game after game, year after year... Hell your probably the foremost authority on getting the score ran up on ya lol
Old     (dlamont)      Join Date: Apr 2003       01-18-2010, 12:02 PM Reply   
^^^lol^^^
that was pretty funny. I would agree with that at least for the last two years.
I am the authority on getting the score run up, but I don't cry about it. Enjoy the off-season.
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       01-18-2010, 1:05 PM Reply   
Hey, im not crying about it. No doubt if we didnt like it we should have stopped it. The fact that it is all over the news tells us that it was atleast questionable. But no doubt we should have stopped it. The football gods will take care of it just like they took care of Brady and the Pats.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-18-2010, 1:12 PM Reply   
^^^ By Favre winning another superbowl!!!!!

Least the big new stadium will have other events... it would be a shame to have it sit empty until next august
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-18-2010, 2:06 PM Reply   
"What if Dallas would have finally gotten to Favre on that play and hurt him. Who would be whining today?"

who would be whining today? the minnesota fans for the vikes being stupid for trying to run a real play in that situation. heck, it would have served favre right to get his butt handed to him in that situation. running up the score with 6 minutes to play is nothing. doing it when a simple running play would run out the clock is a whole other thing.
not sure what he would have been showing the saints in that situation. perhaps giving them another look at another play? or perhaps just padding his stats by making that 4 td game the post he has thrown in a playoff game. I am going with the latter.
either way, they handed it to the boys, and I am disapointed they are keeping phillips as the head coach. with cowher out there looming, I think it is silly not to bring him in. money talks, and Jerry has plenty of it.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-18-2010, 2:27 PM Reply   
^ new caoch generally means start over... which isn't good for a playoff team.

I think the coaching was fine, the guy behind center is what killed Dallas... the pick he threw was maybe the single most terrible throw I've ever seen... and the fumble trouble... I understand when you get hit that much you'll likely lose one or two.... I would place blame on Romo for that game.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-18-2010, 2:41 PM Reply   
let me make two excuses for romo.
the int he was clearly blocked from seeing the defender because the lineman had jumped and blocked his view. he should have eaten it, but he did not. the fumble on the sack was because witten did not pick up the block on his blind side. any qb in the league would have fumbled that.
give the credit where it belongs. Minny's D set the tone in that game. I think the cowboys should have continued running the ball even when they went down 7-0 after that incredible throw from favre to rice that could have been defended by the corner simply watching the receivers eyes, and turning and putting his hands up.

either way I am excited about next weeks games.