Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 17, 2007

Old    dabigkahuna            06-14-2007, 3:22 PM Reply   
First off, I want to say that I LOVE my 2007 Denali, it's by far the best SUV I've owned. I love everything about it.

However...I have noticed that driving over speed bumps in a parking lot the suspension feels like it has a recoil or something. Kinda like it bounces once at the top of the speed bump and bounces again once it reaches the other side of the speed bump (if that makes sense). I asked the dealer, and they said that it's because the suspension is tuned for ideal road handling, not speed bumps. That's fine, I have not problem with that. But still, I just wanna know if anyone else has noticed this with their rig.

THANKS!
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-14-2007, 3:48 PM Reply   
sounds like a typical dealer BS answer. I had a mustang in the early 90's, and the fog lights would stop working if on for more than 20 minutes or so, and would cause the HEADLIGHTS to blink on and off.

The dealer's answer? Fog lights weren't meant to be turned on for a lengthy period of time. Ummmm...so if I leave them on too long I take my life into jeopardy by losing my headlights. Nice.

Too often a dealer will give you the answer that causes them to not have to get to the bottom of a problem. If you think there's something really wrong with your ride, you need to escalate the issue...
Old     (tanner)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-14-2007, 6:50 PM Reply   
kahuna,

What kind of mileage are you getting out of your Denali if you don't mind me asking? Towing the boat, and unloaded.
Old     (dubguy72)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-14-2007, 6:56 PM Reply   
is it rear airride??
Old     (ryanbush11)      Join Date: May 2003       06-14-2007, 7:56 PM Reply   
All denalis, escalades, and tahoes LTZs share the same exact Autoride suspension. The suspension is adjusting to the bump so it doesn't come down hard at the bottom of the speed bump.
Old     (joe_crawley)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-14-2007, 8:50 PM Reply   
I had an 07 LTZ, does yours have the electronic suspension? Mine rode great, didn't notice the recoil, but it was annoying waiting for the suspension to adjust after putting the boat on.
Old    dabigkahuna            06-14-2007, 9:32 PM Reply   
Not sure about the electic suspension, but it's fully loaded and has the auto-leveling rear. The ride is great on the road, very smooth. I only notice the recoil thing on speed bumps.

I'm getting about 13.5 mpg towing or not (I have a lead foot when I drive without the boat, so that's why it's about the same mpg). I have a '03 Chevy 2500HD with the 6L Vortec, and it get's 12 mpg and it's not even full time 4WD like the Denali. I was actually suprised that I got 13.5 mpg in the Denali when I first got it, cause I was driving it really hard. By the way, Hawaii uses gas blended with 10% ethenol, so the mpg is probably 15% less than what it would be with pure gas (ethenol was supposed to cut our dependence on foreign oil, but in reality the cars use more gas than before, but the politicians think they are doing the right thing )
Old     (tanner)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-14-2007, 9:39 PM Reply   
No crap? That's pretty impressive for a gasser.
Old     (evil0ne)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-14-2007, 10:02 PM Reply   
I bet the 6 speed has a lot to do with the gas mileage.
Old     (joe_crawley)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-14-2007, 11:04 PM Reply   
I had the 4 speed in my LTZ and got about 14.5, 12 when towing
Old     (jwharan)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-15-2007, 5:56 AM Reply   
we had an air hose come off on our rear suspension, and the rear was sagging. I had to reconnect it just beyond the rear tire, the pump kept running and would not shut off.