Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-12-2011, 12:42 PM Reply   
Stage 10 as of Today its been a crazy Tour up to now.
Stage 9 A French driver try's to avoid a tree and takes out 2 Riders.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Fkiu7D5xHM
So amazed that they both got up and finshed the stage and then started the Next stage,
Stage 9 was out of control with all the pile up's It to bad the way Vinokourov went out with a broken
femur. Wiggens out with a broken collar bone. David Zabriskie out with a wrist,

I have to say Im not a Big Mark Cavendish Fan. Go Tyler
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       07-12-2011, 12:49 PM Reply   
really bummed about Horner. He was my underdog du jour.
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-12-2011, 12:54 PM Reply   
Watch it everyday, annual event for us.The crashes this year suck. Would love to see Tyler win an other stage or two and not a Cav fan. It was cool to see Thor in the yellow and working to lead Tyler out. Really looking forward to see who's in the top 10 come the end of this week.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-12-2011, 2:28 PM Reply   
Fun tour so far.... A. Shleck is my horse in this race.... I am also on the ABC bandwagon(anybody but Contador).....

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic View Post
It was cool to see Thor in the yellow and working to lead Tyler out.
That was really cool....
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-12-2011, 9:11 PM Reply   
Im pulling hard for "Bitter Beer Face" Evans to pull it out this year. He works hard and has never had a team around him to help out but he manages to make the podium every year. He is in good position and time trials really well so even though I dont think he has the explosivness of of Schleck or Contador he paces himself well up the climbs and never really loses too much time.
I would also like to see Andy Schleck take it too Contador this tour. His brother is no slouch either . They are both excellent climbers but both suck on the TT.
If they dont have at least 1:30 advantage on Contador or Evens going into the TT, neither one has a chance to win.

Contador is a little banged up and I guess we will see on thursday if he is really hurt or if he is going to bring it up Luz-Ardiden!!! First big test of the tour!!!
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-13-2011, 12:28 AM Reply   
I've been loving the coverage, epic. Contador will win it iMO, Schleck's will not gain enough time in the mountains to offset the tt deficet. Evans second, Third Andy.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-14-2011, 8:32 AM Reply   
Frank, Andy, Cadel & Ivan all put time into Cantador......
Old     (adouglas)      Join Date: Nov 2007       07-14-2011, 9:21 AM Reply   
Here are some great shots of race thus far. Pictures 25-27 are of the crash Grant posted the link to, simply amazing these guys continued on to finish the stage…

http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2...part-1/100105/
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-14-2011, 10:07 AM Reply   
Alan Thank's for the Link there are some great shot's. IMO Pro Cyclest are some TOUGH mo fo's. They can also be some DIVA's but for what they have to put their body threw its some what understandable that they can be complete head cases. The amout of stress they have to go threw to even be able to make it threw the tour is HUGE. To be at the top of the ladder must be superhuman. No wonder why drugs have been so rampent. I agree the tour is ramping up and should be a good one. I would like the Shleck's 1 and 2.
Also I became a big Thor fan. The Race leader and World Champ leading out Tyler and not just playing it safe sitting back was a cool move in my Book.
Cadel Im sorry but he seems like a Big Baby. "Wheel Sucker" if he is gonna have a shot at winning he is gonna have to make some big moves BY himself and not riding behing the leaders
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-14-2011, 12:49 PM Reply   
Conti is suffering with a sore knee from a crash, he is a tough mofo and doing pretty well to be holding with the leaders. It is still early days, I think he will recover and smash them in the alps. I like how Basso looked today, when get that grimace on his face and that turbo diesel kicks in it spells trouble for the others, some of the consistent gradient climbing to come suits his high tempo climbing style. Exciting.....
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-14-2011, 12:51 PM Reply   
Oh check this out classic Cadel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBtqS...&feature=share
Funny stuff
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-14-2011, 2:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Conti is suffering with a sore knee from a crash, he is a tough mofo and doing pretty well to be holding with the leaders. It is still early days, I think he will recover and smash them in the alps.
He's not smashing Andy Schleck in the Alps.....assuming he can keep his chain on....

You heard it here first, Contador doesn't podium....
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-14-2011, 3:16 PM Reply   
Ahh Cadel what a little Beeotch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FikzgWE3t0A
I have heard storys of his beotch Like antic's from back when he used to race MTB's
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-15-2011, 12:43 PM Reply   
I agree with EJ. I don't see Contador on the podium. I hope it's Andy's year. That would be killer.

I'm not a Cadel fan, but do have to hand it to him. I feel like he's working with the least team help. We'll see when the hills get steep.

Thor is one of my new favorite cyclists. I agree, it's awesome seeing the world champ stripes giving a lead-out. Props to him.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-16-2011, 10:42 PM Reply   
How Gansta is Thor. Dang son
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-16-2011, 11:00 PM Reply   
Todays racing shows exactly why Andy WILL NOT WIN the TDF. He had the chance to put the foot on the throat when Sammy Sanchez attacked and he bridged, he could have worked with Sammy and gained time but no, he sat up. If he doesn't take time on Contador when he is recovering then he is done, Contador is only going to get stronger in the third week and he will not hesitate to twist the knife if he gets the chance. Too timid to be a TDF champ IMO.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-19-2011, 3:53 PM Reply   
Contador, Evans and Samu fly.......
Conti must have got a double bag fill up on the rest day.......
Old    alanp            07-19-2011, 4:08 PM Reply   
haha funny darren. i really hope voeckler does something special. dunno if he can hold on tho. also dunno if if has the TT ability to hold off evans.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-21-2011, 9:02 AM Reply   
Darren, how do you feel about AS as a contender after today?
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-21-2011, 9:18 AM Reply   
I'm thinking tomorrow will shake things out. Cadel needs to get off his duffy and make a move. Seems like he covering too much and waiting for others to attack. Liking Andy today, nice stage race. Glad to see AC sucking it up and more glad I don't understand Spanish so I won't have to listen to his whining excuses.
Old    alanp            07-21-2011, 12:54 PM Reply   
wow great stage!! very happy voeckler kept his jersey another day. great ride on his part and AS.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-21-2011, 6:10 PM Reply   
Looks like with 57 seconds on Cadel, AS is dead even with the odds makers to win the TdF now(actually a slight favorite with the overall average). http://http://www.oddschecker.com/ot...-france/winner

Going to be a fun day tomorrow.....at least for those watching....
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-21-2011, 7:58 PM Reply   
Andy rode killer today. Chapeau!
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-21-2011, 8:03 PM Reply   
EJ, I think Conti is done, it is a bridge to far now. But you never know, Alpe-d’Huez can take minutes out of anyone who cracks and it does suit contadors style if he rebounds and has the legs. You never know how Andy will pull up after todays effort.

There was no excuses from Alberto today, he said he had heavy legs and Andy rode a killer race.
Old    alanp            07-22-2011, 7:13 PM Reply   
tomorrow is gonna be interesting. i sure hope AS can hold off evans
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-23-2011, 6:44 AM Reply   
Yesterday was great. Watching the time trail right now instead of going for a ride my self.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-23-2011, 3:36 PM Reply   
Went for a ride, didn't watch....glad I did.... Ugh....

It is not that I don't like Cadel, but would prefer either Schleck brother....

Speaking of my ride, got back and helped a friend move.... Didn't know she lived on the third floor of her apartment complex.... My quads were BURNING....
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-23-2011, 8:09 PM Reply   
Cuddles rode like a champion and well Andy didn't. Not my favorite but Chapeau, did what was required and got the win.