Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (planetnautique)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-15-2010, 2:03 PM Reply   
I just got my hands on a picture of the new Sport Nautique 200. Anyone who's interested can see what it looks like at the link below.

http://www.planetnautique.com/vb3/sh...t-Nautique-200
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-15-2010, 2:09 PM Reply   
That looks cool but why oh why don't they call it the Super Sport? Do they look at there history and feel they should continue the legacy?
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-15-2010, 2:18 PM Reply   
because it's off the new Ski Nautique 200 hull, basically a V-drive 200, and Super Sport 200 doesn't have a great ring to it. History does sound nice, but they're a new company now, and moving forward. Looks baller!
Old    Chaserwaser            07-15-2010, 2:47 PM Reply   
is that wood or leather? ( the part that obviously looks like wood ) it just looks like it has like a suede look to it lol?

"no its pleather, way better, wont fade or tear over time" hahahahhaha
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-15-2010, 3:01 PM Reply   
Will they be offering that boat in an Super Air 200 version or just the Sport Nautique 200 version? Price-point?
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-15-2010, 3:31 PM Reply   
Thats hot!
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-15-2010, 3:38 PM Reply   
Via www.planetnautique.com
Attached Images

Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-15-2010, 3:40 PM Reply   
That wood is cool for the first couple of years and then you have to maintain it...I still can't get past that tower from last year. The boat looks very "classy" and a tower on it looks out of place to me.
Old     (planetnautique)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-15-2010, 3:54 PM Reply   
It isn't wood. It is teak-look SANO pad. it has the look without the need for maintenance.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-15-2010, 4:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by planetnautique View Post
It isn't wood. It is teak-look SANO pad. it has the look without the need for maintenance.
Something like flex-a-teak?
Old     (mike3500)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-15-2010, 4:31 PM Reply   
I'm with Timmy. The "classy" teak, doesn't jive with the outta-space tower. How fake does it look? Also, not a fan of the angle of the transom. It looks good, but I can't imagine putting on a board back there. I see they have a step/ seat back there, but it looks too low. I see many boards marking up the transom. How does the bimini work with the tower (over/ under)?
Old     (ctsunsetter)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-15-2010, 7:01 PM Reply   
Classy looking. Looks like the current Chris Craft runabout boats.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-16-2010, 5:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike3500 View Post
I'm with Timmy. The "classy" teak, doesn't jive with the outta-space tower. How fake does it look? Also, not a fan of the angle of the transom. It looks good, but I can't imagine putting on a board back there. I see they have a step/ seat back there, but it looks too low. I see many boards marking up the transom. How does the bimini work with the tower (over/ under)?
It doesn't look fake, it's just durable, non-maintenance teak.

Who puts their boards on the transom where that transom would be effected? I don't get your point, any boat can get messed up by boards there, it's the person's responsibility, not the boats'.

This is the new big thing for watersports enthusiasts. I think it will take the place of the PS205 as best all around, versatile boat. They nailed it!
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-16-2010, 6:26 AM Reply   
Well so far better graphics than those 2011 MC graphics IMHO. Looks like they are targeting the family boat market and more than likely the popularity of the X2. Jeff at PN has done a review on it. Seems like it will be a nice boat. This is going to be the year of the new 20footer new Axis and Tige boats coming as well.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-16-2010, 6:46 AM Reply   
Lot's of lakes(with homes on them) are starting to have 21ft rules, this would prob be the best boat ever for that, assuming with platform it comes in under 21'?
Old     (planetnautique)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-16-2010, 6:50 AM Reply   
More pictures have just been added to the PlanetNautique thread.

http://www.planetnautique.com/vb3/sh...t-Nautique-200
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-16-2010, 6:50 AM Reply   
That is really good looking.

We have some golf courses around our local lakes and the green is reachable from the water....all you need is a grass mat and an pitching wedge!!!

Furthest from the whole...wipes the boat down
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-16-2010, 6:55 AM Reply   
Really nice. Love the look.
Old     (waketowake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-16-2010, 7:08 AM Reply   
Damn that beats the mastercraft IMO, and i'm a mastercraft guy.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-16-2010, 7:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by waketowake View Post
Damn that beats the mastercraft IMO, and i'm a mastercraft guy.
Agreed, same here. This blows what MC was trying for with the 214's the whole time.

Jeff,
Is the ski pylon removable?
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-16-2010, 7:32 AM Reply   
Nevermind, I read in the PN thread it is, and it sounds very usable.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-16-2010, 7:43 AM Reply   
Just looked at the new pics. Wow does that interior look nice! Like a high end automobile! Nicely done, still a negative on the tower though. I agree with Terry, much like a Chris Craft or something!
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-16-2010, 8:02 AM Reply   
Any more pics of that asymetrical dash? Looks functional, just haven't seen it before.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-16-2010, 8:04 AM Reply   
Why does it still look like your sitting on the floor. Thats is one of my few bitches about my buddies 08 210 is the same way. I like the tower it grew on me.
Old     (planetnautique)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-16-2010, 8:22 AM Reply   
here's a shot from a Ski Nautique 200 of the dash. It is very similar in the Sport Nautique 200.

Old     (mike3500)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-16-2010, 8:41 AM Reply   
A-dub - I think most everyone uses the swim step to put their boards on. I could be wrong, but the fact that they make pads, that attach to your transom, for that very reason, kinda leads me to believe it's true. It's totally the person's fault, but the angle on that transom will only make it more difficult not to hit it. It's no biggie, only an observation. I think the boat looks great, and the graphics rock. Blows the new MC's out of the water. The tower is still ugly to me, but if I saw it in person, I may feel different.
Old     (crosenhahn)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-16-2010, 9:39 AM Reply   
I like the tower!
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       07-16-2010, 9:42 AM Reply   
I am with Chris I actually really like that tower.
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-16-2010, 10:01 AM Reply   
I like everything about the tower except for the Mirror Mount on the windshield. Tower mount mirror one of my favorite features of towers.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-16-2010, 10:12 AM Reply   
Haven't always been a fan of the Nautique's due to the interior being kind of choppy but that is a really nice boat. I love the colors and the inlays really set that thing off. Sha-wing!
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-16-2010, 11:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike3500 View Post
A-dub - I think most everyone uses the swim step to put their boards on. I could be wrong, but the fact that they make pads, that attach to your transom, for that very reason, kinda leads me to believe it's true. It's totally the person's fault, but the angle on that transom will only make it more difficult not to hit it. It's no biggie, only an observation. I think the boat looks great, and the graphics rock. Blows the new MC's out of the water. The tower is still ugly to me, but if I saw it in person, I may feel different.
I see what you're saying. That's one reason I always tell people to stand up when putting their board on. Not sitting on the transom/back pad putting the board on will decrease the likelihood of hitting it. That angle may help in that aspect.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-16-2010, 12:33 PM Reply   
I'm loving that boat, for sure.... Nice job Nautique. Now, let's hear some wake critique.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-16-2010, 1:33 PM Reply   
Oh that black stripe on the seating is going to be hot on the back. Sharp boat. The dash sure is functional but a bit ugly.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-16-2010, 1:48 PM Reply   
Tim your right hell the very light grey on my boat seats gets ridiculously hot. Looking good and functionality not always the same. I looked at an X2 that the interior fiber glass and floor was black. I was like who the hell is buying that in Florida.
Old    mojo            07-16-2010, 2:37 PM Reply   
transom saver should be on all in boards. either a raised up section on the platform before the gel, or protective stuff on the transom itself. i use a strip of sano on mine. i love that boat. if i was in the market i'd buy that thing no problem. perfect mix between wakeskating and wakeboarding i think.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-16-2010, 2:45 PM Reply   
I like the boat, would rather have to maintain the real teak than have the fake stuff.

I think the alpha Z tower from tige, or the older bu tower would look better.
Old     (pwningjr)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-17-2010, 2:48 PM Reply   
It's a very classy boat, but I'm confused. If this is a v-drive version of the SN 200, why put a tower on it? That hull's supposed to throw pretty much the smallest/softest wake ever, right?
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-19-2010, 7:49 AM Reply   
If it is the fake teak that is in the 200, it is a material similar to Astrodeck, it's softer, grippy, traction, etc. It was nice in the 200 I was in over the weekend. The 200 inboards are some sweet boats for skiing, I think this boat is a bullseye, can't wait to see
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-19-2010, 8:10 AM Reply   
Jay, skiers ski at 28-36 MPH, with no ballast. Wakeboarders ride between 18 and 26, typically with ballast. The good characteristics that make a flat/soft ski wake do not adversely effect the wakeboard wake at wakeboard speeds.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-19-2010, 8:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwningjr View Post
It's a very classy boat, but I'm confused. If this is a v-drive version of the SN 200, why put a tower on it? That hull's supposed to throw pretty much the smallest/softest wake ever, right?
Exactly what Alan said. No wake at higher speeds, and a nice shaped and sized wake at lower speeds. Also, it's not just the wake itself, in between the wakes is more of a platform where most other boats dip down, this does not, therefore it seems smaller for slalom because it's not up, down, up, down, it's just up and down. Wake shape has some POP at slower speeds, and the platform helps for surface stuff inside the wake.
Old     (dbdb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-19-2010, 12:51 PM Reply   
I think the only thing this boat is missing is snap out carpet. All of the other things I would like in a boat are there. In the link, there is a picture of the boat with a grey looking walk through. Its the way I'd probably go, although I do think the "teak look" looks nice.
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-19-2010, 1:37 PM Reply   
Can't stand snap out carpet and hopefully ski boats never move away from it. Sound deadening and comfort far outweigh the "hassle" of using the shop-vac every once and a while.
Old     (dbdb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-19-2010, 1:48 PM Reply   
I really never realized that it played any part in sound deadening. My Centurion has snap out and I haven't really noticed any difference between it and any of the other boats I've been on (as far as sound is concerned). I actually think it makes my boat look a little more clean. My carpet looks pretty good, but the gelcoat that shows between the seats and carpet looks brand new. My boat sits on a lift all summer and getting a shop vac out to it would be a royal pain. Its nice to just snap it out, take care of it, and snap it right back in. I could see how it would be pretty easy to just vacuum it out if it were in a garage during the week. Everybody has a different need I guess.
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-19-2010, 2:55 PM Reply   
dbdb, I agree, different strokes. Glad we all have our options.

Carpet makes a HUGE difference in sound deadening.

Here are two almost identical boats with the same engines, one with carpet one with snap out.
Attached Images

Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-19-2010, 4:55 PM Reply   
I've taken care of boats with glued in carpet, and snap in. I will take snap in any day of the week. Take on a wave or get caught in the rain, you can simply snap the carpet out and let it air dry. Big spill on the carpet? Take it out for easier cleaning. Expecting a roudy and messy group? Take the carpet out all together. It also makes replacing carpet a few years down the road a lot easier.

Those gains to me far outweigh more engine noise. I am not quite sure how the b52 and Sante 210 are "almost indentical boats," but I'll agree for comparison sake. The lack of a finished fiberglass liner and snap in carpet would keep me from buying a boat; I've spent too many hours trying to keep the glued down stuff clean on previous boats. More engine noise? In a world of deafening 3k stereo systems, 10db really doesn't concern me.

I like the new design, but I was definately more excited about this model a month ago before I saw the official pictures. After seeing the pics, I think I'd rather look for a lightly used Sante 210.

Last edited by MattieK27; 07-19-2010 at 5:03 PM.
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-19-2010, 6:54 PM Reply   
Matt, you don't need to try to justify your opinion with me. I have been in the industry and around ski boats for all 30 years of my life. I prefer glued in carpet. I have personally owned several of both and owned a boat dealership that sold boats with both. Chris Craft, MB, & Centurion.

And yes I am comparing a SAN 210 to a B-52 TWB. Same engine, same components, same hardware, same transmission, same weight, and same size. As a 10 year Super Air owner and a 2 year TWB owner, I will also put my neck out and say the MB is built better. But what do I know.....
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-19-2010, 7:17 PM Reply   
"but what do I know?"

Jeez, take a deep breath. I wasn't justifying as much as explaining my logic based on experience.

The MB is better built? Hey, sounds like an argument provoking statement, especially in a Nautique thread. I'll say they are both great boats and leave it at that. (working or owning a dealership that sold MBs wouldn't cause any sort of bias though, right?)
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-19-2010, 7:25 PM Reply   
Nautique definitely makes some of the best boats out there. I would have loved to have the line when I was a dealer, but there was "grandfathered" dealer down the road that sold 3 boats a year.

MB Bias, absolutely, they build a great boat and I love an underdog
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-19-2010, 7:36 PM Reply   
To be honest, if MB offered a 20ft boat with a fiberglass cockpit liner, I would add it to my list. A MB in the Midwest would definatey be a rarer sight than a Nautique/Mastercraft/Malibu. The lack of a snap in carpet plus the graphics keep me from being a huge fan.

I had a chance to ride in a 24' MB while I was in Minnesota this weekend, unfortunately I just couldn't find time in the schedule. I'd love to see one in person. Quality is quality to me, names mean very little.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-19-2010, 7:47 PM Reply   
if you want to see a nice boat check out ragboys 2010 rz2 its a blue/white tige with a white tower. its very sharp!
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-19-2010, 8:01 PM Reply   
MB's East and midwest dealer network is very lacking, I know. I think someone could step up and do very well with the line.

Rayboy's RZ2 looks amazing, love the build pics over in the surfing forum.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-19-2010, 8:33 PM Reply   
alan i went to abilene texas and toured the tige factory. it was awesome. i would also like to tour other factories.i think it opens your eyes to just what goes into building a boat.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-19-2010, 9:35 PM Reply   
Ahhh another claim for a new "multi-sport", do-it-all boat. I'm not saying it's not possible but I havn't seen one yet that could be considered great in both slalom and wake. I'm skeptical until I see some pics of both wakes...
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-20-2010, 4:14 AM Reply   
Factories are awesome. I have visited CC, MC, MB, Tige, PCM and a bunch of offshore fishing and yacht factories. They all work very hard to make what they think is the best boat.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-20-2010, 5:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake_upppp View Post
Ahhh another claim for a new "multi-sport", do-it-all boat. I'm not saying it's not possible but I havn't seen one yet that could be considered great in both slalom and wake. I'm skeptical until I see some pics of both wakes...
Did you click on the link? There's pic's of both
Old     (illini88)      Join Date: Oct 2007       07-20-2010, 5:43 AM Reply   
Matt, there's a MB B52 widebody for sale about 2.5 hours from you. FYI.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-20-2010, 8:43 AM Reply   
My bad. I should of typed "decent pics". Saw those but not great pics to judge by. Certainly not convincing in those pics...
Old    SamIngram            07-20-2010, 9:22 AM Reply   
I like it...
Attached Images

Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-20-2010, 10:36 AM Reply   
A little washed out on the drivers side. And the slalom wake sure isnt as nice as a ski specific direct drive. I am sure its capable for building the wake being a v-drive though.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-20-2010, 10:40 AM Reply   
unless that's 40mph, that slalom wake looks better than some current D-drives
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-20-2010, 10:41 AM Reply   
Dude, he is turning in the picture of the wakeboarder, give them a break. I am sure the wake is super clean.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-20-2010, 1:09 PM Reply   
Alan I see he is slightly turning but the wake should be washed on the other side no? And that slalom wake is far from great.
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-20-2010, 1:19 PM Reply   
Your right, I am sure it is a weight issue then. I highly doubt that CC has an asymmetrical mold.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-20-2010, 2:06 PM Reply   
Is it the new 200's wake? No. But it's better than a Malibu Response from what I can see. There's plenty of videos of sacked out and stock wakes, where the non-riding side is washed, then they go over there and it cleans up. I guess we all just need to get behind one!
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-20-2010, 10:32 PM Reply   
more I look at it I start liken it more. Wheres the sky pylon actually mount, Its in one picture, but cant see it in any of the others, and im not real familiar with and of the ski nautiques to use as a reference.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-21-2010, 6:40 AM Reply   
I think it kind of explains it in the link. It's removable, I know that, which is awesome.
Old     (bobenglish)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-13-2011, 4:36 PM Reply   
Anyone wakeboard behind a Sport Nautique 200 yet? I am curious as to the size and shape of the wake. Sharp boat.
Old     (stxr_racer)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-13-2011, 9:32 PM Reply   
Via my neighbor
Attached Images

Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-13-2011, 11:42 PM Reply   
Thats a great looking boat
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-14-2011, 7:09 AM Reply   
Not a bad boat, but for 98k I'll pass. I love Nautiques, but in my eyes their pricing has gotten absurd.
Old     (wotan)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-14-2011, 7:17 AM Reply   
What does your neighbor ride off that ramp? Dirt bikes?!
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       07-14-2011, 8:20 AM Reply   
I don't care for the space age tower, something traditional would be nicer. Fake teak is cheesy IMO, needs real teak. Also don't like how round everything is, but unfortunately they're all like that anymore. Through my eyes most new boats are pretty darn ugly, but very functional.. which is fine, because at the end of the day all that matters is the wake.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-14-2011, 12:58 PM Reply   
Once you hang all your trinkets from the tower they seem to disappear and take another shape. I think its fine. I wonder how that dark hull will look in 10 years.

Its hard to imagine but about 13-15 years ago we where saying look at that contraption Correct Craft has on their boat. Tuna tower? That is ugly!
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-14-2011, 1:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattieK27 View Post
Not a bad boat, but for 98k I'll pass. I love Nautiques, but in my eyes their pricing has gotten absurd.
98k? Please tell me that is a joke. Even if it is MSRP it is a joke. If that boat is a penny over 60k it is a joke.
Old     (1niceharley)      Join Date: Feb 2010       07-14-2011, 1:58 PM Reply   
MSRP on Nautique's web site is $60k before options. Nice boat though.
Old     (stxr_racer)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-14-2011, 5:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wotan View Post
What does your neighbor ride off that ramp? Dirt bikes?!
Bmx bikes..down the stairs from their house, across the lawn then up the ramp for some awesome air
Old     (stxr_racer)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-14-2011, 5:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobenglish View Post
Anyone wakeboard behind a Sport Nautique 200 yet? I am curious as to the size and shape of the wake. Sharp boat.
I have, with the factory ballast full the wake was on the mellow side...not as big or steep as my 210 with no ballast...but still had a good boot to it and was alot of fun. The wake is also a little wider than the 210 at my normal riding length and speed, 75' at 22.8mph. With the right weighting the boarding wake could be pretty decent. The layout, finish and driveabilty was superb!
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-14-2011, 7:42 PM Reply   
I wish I was. I priced one out at the local dealer, after taxes, trailer, etc, the total was 93k. That was for a boat that wasn't loaded, plus a 15% discount on msrp. I thought the dealer was being ridiculous, but last weekend at a dealer in Indiana I saw a 200 sport with an msrp of 98k.

I love Nautiques, great boats. But the price is absolutely laughable.
Old     (gotwake133)      Join Date: May 2010       07-14-2011, 8:44 PM Reply   
I dont understand where everyone is getting the 90k+ price tag? I personally know 2 people that have picked up a 200 sport this year in the 60k area. granted they were not loaded to the nines, but had normal options, racks, speakers, ballast, PP, heater, etc.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-14-2011, 10:11 PM Reply   
Sticker is in the 90k range here for me. ABSURD! I thought for sure mid 60's would be a great point. Sharp looking boat. The "fake teak" is an option.
My lake has a loosely enforced 21 ft rule. As long as it is stamped 21 it can be 21' 11.999999999" so was looking.

I wish boat companies would make a base model and a loaded model like cars. I don't need all this fancy tech dashboad crap. I just need perfect pass an engine some ballast that works on a switch that when i turn it on it pumps til I turn the switch off. I don't need timers let alone a system that empties and fills itself when you punch in the riders name. While all super cool features...........They super inflate the price. Everytime I walk into a dealership thinking of upgrading my jaw drops and I say is my upgrade worth 70k more????? PRices are outrageous