Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 30, 2005

Old    260searay            10-16-2005, 10:49 AM Reply   
This summer was really my first year of really riding. In spring i was still getting my starts down and by the time the season was over i was consistantly landing heelside w2w's and just started occasionally landing toesides. I hit a couple indy grabs as well. I have a really big fear of crashing hard because i have faceplanted so hard a couple times i think i might have gotten a concussion. In spring i want to try some 180's and some more grabs and hopefully maybe 3's or a backroll by the end of next season. I am done riding here in ohio untill spring but want to get over the mental block thing. What do i need to do to try new things?
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       10-16-2005, 11:16 AM Reply   
Balls?

j/k man...Just have fun that's what it's all about.
Old    260searay            10-16-2005, 11:23 AM Reply   
I knew that was coming i almost wrote besides balls.....
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       10-16-2005, 6:42 PM Reply   
I found the more fun I have, and the less I worry about doing good, the better I do, oh yea and girls, girls are essential, the more girls the more you are gonna wanna rip, atleast for me girls make me ride better

(Message edited by wakebordr11 on October 16, 2005)
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       10-16-2005, 7:32 PM Reply   
you just have to try it..and make sure you fully commit to it!! go out and say im going going to do ______ and then do it..i think after the 1st one you break your fear of that trick...
Old     (mbrown)      Join Date: May 2005       10-17-2005, 10:28 AM Reply   
A helmet might be cheaper than your insurance deductible and prevent more serious injuries.
Old    260searay            10-17-2005, 2:55 PM Reply   
I know...........i wear one everytime.
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-17-2005, 5:21 PM Reply   
A helmet...definately a must. Also, time on the water gives you more experience and confidence. Wearing a helmet has helped me be less fearful of getting hurt....and just have fun.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       10-17-2005, 6:07 PM Reply   
sorry for the hijack, but what does everybody wear for a helmet? I tried a protec ace wake and HATED it, the air rushing into the earflaps just messed with me alot, I guess its all in my head but snow skiing I love wearing a helmet and wakeboarding it just threw off my equilibrium...
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-17-2005, 8:02 PM Reply   
I wear a shred ready. Used to wear Protec. Check them out at www.shredready.com