Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 16, 2003

Old    snowboardmonkey            05-24-2003, 11:44 AM Reply   
I thinking about starting wakeboarding but am having a hard time deciding on what gear to get. I am pretty sure I am going to get the Hyperlite Essence board but am not sure about the bindings. I love snowboarding and hear the highbacks are the best to get the same feel. Does anybody have any comments or suggestions? Also, does anybody know where I can get a pair of 2001 highbacks? I would need size Mini-Med. I dont like the colors of the new ones...red is such an aweful color. Thanks a bunch.
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-24-2003, 1:47 PM Reply   
they're pretty advance boots which may be too stiff for a beginner, but on the other hand if you've given wakeboarding a go you may find you gonna pick it up quick. but apparently they're pretty good bindings
Old    snowboardmonkey            05-24-2003, 2:43 PM Reply   
Thanks Harry...I picked up snowboarding fairly quickly and heard that highbacks would work best for me. Does anybody know if they really do have a similar feel to them? If so, I am interested in buying a pair of 2001 or 2003 highbacks if they are reasonably priced. If anybody has any for sale...please let me know...Thanks again. }
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-24-2003, 4:49 PM Reply   
The 03 Highbacks are lighter and feel much "more" snug around the ankle & heel. Not as tight around the forefoot either.
I have 02 HB MMed and was dumb enough to try a pair of 03's.
Now I want to the 03's. Maybe they'll have a better color for 04

(Message edited by phantom5815 on May 24, 2003)
Old     (obrienride16)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-24-2003, 8:43 PM Reply   
Monique, don't worry about getting stuff thats for advanced riders. its not like snowboarding where if you are a beginner, you can't ride an advanced board. i have taught several people to ride using my byerly and they have no problems. if anything, a stiffer binding will help you, also look into the belmont bindings. What part of CA are you from?
Old     (scott44)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-25-2003, 7:52 AM Reply   
I think that I may be able to help you. I have a 2001 Belmont 128 w/ 2001 highbacks I would like to sell them as a set but maybe we can work something out.
Old     (board_boy)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-25-2003, 9:15 AM Reply   
try the splits they are better for beginers
Old    snowboardmonkey            05-25-2003, 12:31 PM Reply   
David: I am from a small town called King City about an hour away from monterey. Anyways, thank you for your help.

Scott: I would be willing to buy the bindings from you at a reasonable price. Do you have any pictures of the set? Please let me know..Thanks.

Thanks everyone so far for you help...I really appreciate it.
Old     (scott44)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-25-2003, 12:35 PM Reply   
monique I will be up at Lake San Antonio next weekend the 30th,31st, June 1st. They are in great condition and never put with soap only slime lubricant. Email me for more information.
Old    snowboardmonkey            05-25-2003, 5:13 PM Reply   
Oh...Scott, I forgot to ask you what size they were. Please let me know...Thanks again.