Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (sidetracked3)      Join Date: Jun 2009       03-09-2011, 9:48 AM Reply   
I asked a guy about installing this in my boat and he said their stereo guy installed one not to long ago and it sounded terrible. They sent it back and got another one and the same thing. Said it did not help at all, that it made it worst. Every post I have ever found people said they were great. Is it possible they had this wired wrong or has anyone else had this issue?
Old    mojo            03-09-2011, 1:49 PM Reply   
i have one of the original ones and still love it. the new ones are a little different, but basically the same. i've never heard of anyone not liking them. only complaint i've heard is that sub vol. goes down with boat volume, but that could have been addressed. i'd highly recommend it.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-09-2011, 2:04 PM Reply   
Find a different installer. One that knows boat audio.
Old     (skylar18)      Join Date: Aug 2009       03-09-2011, 2:15 PM Reply   
yep....mine is awesome. Someone is doing something wrong.
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       03-09-2011, 2:38 PM Reply   
heath

Shoot me an email to twhite@wetsounds.com and I can see what i can do to help you out. Sounds like the installer had some tuning issues and blamed the product

The first gen units had adjustable gains that made them very difficult for some customers and installers to tune. As the unit was not plug and play. You had to re tune the gains. I have since changed them to a fixed 5 volt output so they are easier to install and tune. But you should still re tune the amp gains, but you dont not have the eq adjustment gains to also tune

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       03-09-2011, 3:39 PM Reply   
Since the change in the WetSounds EQ where the EQ gain setings were removed from the discretion of the installer, you will notice that issues have dried up. It couldn't be easier. Great product. This is a case of poor installation or some kind of bias against EQs. Get another installer!

David
Earmark Marine
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-09-2011, 5:16 PM Reply   
Its a great product that has only gotten better over time. Over the years I believe they have gone from upwards of 12 volts to 5 and now fixed there. I've been here a while and seen quite a few people yank them as they introduced noise into their systems but this was mostly in the early goings. I think these days most people love them however many, myself include, would like to see the sub separated from the interiors. I love mine and after having it a year would not go back to not having one. Just as others have said If it sounds "terrible" after its installed someone is not tuning properly.
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-10-2011, 6:15 AM Reply   
Find a new installer....
Old     (sidetracked3)      Join Date: Jun 2009       03-10-2011, 8:47 AM Reply   
Thanks for the info. I just happened to talk to the guy that does my maint. work and asked if they have an installer and that is what he told me. Everyone post I have ever read about the WS-420 have been positive which is why this confused me a little. But I will not be using this guy to install it.
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-10-2011, 8:54 AM Reply   
There has got to be someone in Birmingham, AL that can do it.

I used to do a lot of work for the hospital up in Florence and Muscle Shoals AL. You ever eat at Bunyon's BBQ up there - got to give it a try.

Can you ride on the Tennessee river up there?

Sorry for the HiJack
Old     (sidetracked3)      Join Date: Jun 2009       03-10-2011, 9:15 AM Reply   
Never tried that place. I have a few different people I can use to install. I was just wondering if anyone has had this issue. Like I said every post I have ever read has been positive. I cant wait to have it installed. I think you can get to the Tenn. river from the Warrior River. But I have a place on Smith Lake. We usually dont go anywhere else but there.
Old     (chexi)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-11-2011, 10:59 AM Reply   
Just follow the directions they give you. I installed mine simply be following the directions. It's not hard. I do get a very slight hiss at my tower speakers if I put my ear right up to them, but they are horns, and horns often do that. The WS-420 is an awesome product.

I'm pretty sure I can individually turn my sub up and down on my WS-420 (late production 1st gen).