Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 10, 2003

Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       02-06-2003, 7:11 AM Reply   
i am trying to decide on what i want to do with my '02 xstar ballast system. i am probably going to replace my stock ballast with sacs. my question is this. if i put in large sacs (maybe 600 lb sacs) and half of the time fill them up halfway, will the water in them move around too much? will the shifting of the water effect anything? i figure if the sacs are full the water cant move around as much. any thoughts?

my options are 350 lb sacs plus lead OR larger sacs that are sometimes halfway filled. will definitely get lead for the front no matter which option i go with.
Old     (lakeaustinrider)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-06-2003, 7:31 AM Reply   
There is no harm in half filled sacks. Go for big sacks so you have to option of however much weight you want. You will just have to watch them fill so you know when they are full enough.
Old     (fogey)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-06-2003, 9:12 AM Reply   
We sometimes use partially-filled sacks to address balance issues and for newer riders. We haven't experienced any problems.
Old    allaboutwake            02-06-2003, 9:51 AM Reply   
i use half filled sacks in the back because the lockers aren't big enough to fill them all the way. it never cause any problems.