Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2008

Old     (adubs)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-13-2008, 10:02 AM Reply   
Hello my name is Elizabeth Aaron Williams, yes its double A! I recently moved up from Myrtle Beach,SC to take a job at a local architectural firm in downtown Richmond, I am a hospitality designer. I am used to going on the river everyday, but since moving up this way haven't met any other wakeboarders, are there any out there? I am 24, have been wakeboarding for like three summers now, I am not pro but def. have fun everytime I go, its addicting! I have rode behind many kinds of boats: Malibus, Nautiques,moombas,etc...I have boating etiquette, def. have gas money. If you know of anyone that might be interested let me know!
Adubs
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-13-2008, 10:06 AM Reply   
Welcome to WW.. I'm sure you'll find a crew in no-time.

I'd offer, but you're on the opposite side of the country.
Old     (cwfunrider)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-13-2008, 10:15 AM Reply   
Hey adubs. Welcome. There is a ton of crew out on Lake Anna just north of Richmond. There are also some that ride right around the Richmond area.

Southern Ski Boats is the local MB dealer and has a line on the local scene. They are having a demo day along with Glass and Powder Board shop at the state park at Lake Anna this weekend.

Check out www.dcwake.com for a good local connection. You can also check the G&P web site for details about the demo.

I have no boat of my own so I can not affer any rides. Good Luck.
Old    alanp            06-13-2008, 10:17 AM Reply   
welcome to richmond. you may want to check out www.dcwake.com and www.endofropegang.com those are some of the local sites. plan on driving to down to the chickahominy river or lake anna. both of those places have a pretty good scene. sorry i cant offer you a pull till i move back.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-13-2008, 10:42 AM Reply   
Hey, I'm not sure if he's actually even remotely close, but there's a guy on Virginia Tech's wakeboard club out there. Brett Fiskus. I think he may be closer to the actual beach though....

If you ever feel like making the trip, Smith Mountain Lake, just west of you, has an incredible wakeboard scene.
Old     (dansmith)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-13-2008, 10:48 AM Reply   
I have a strange feeling about this one. She also posted practically the same intro on EORG a month ago and never responded to anyone after that:

http://www.endofropegang.com/cpgnuke/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=6565
Old     (cwfunrider)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-13-2008, 11:17 AM Reply   
^^^^^^Speaking of someone who's not around anymore.
Old     (nickdakoolkat)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-13-2008, 3:38 PM Reply   
Richmond Va right....i sure hope u wouldnt move to downtown Richmond Ca (where my family is from) now has the highest murder rate per capita in Cali...i know its not the case, but when I see richmond it catches my eye.