Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 08, 2008

Old     (ndavis03)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-22-2008, 11:36 AM Reply   
For those of you with the Illusion X tower, what are you doing with your mirror? Are most just mounting them to the windshield? I have a VTX so the windshield is frameless, and was wondering what my options are. I saw a nice chrome bracket that mounts to the inside of the windshield and extends up, and is the ball mount style. Does anyone know who makes it?
Old     (buguru)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-22-2008, 11:39 AM Reply   
You can contact Kyle at PCMW he can help you out.
Old     (malibudude)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-22-2008, 1:08 PM Reply   
Sampson Makes a mirror that is removeable. I know that Nice Rack is coming out w/ something as well for the Illusion Tower.
Upload
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-22-2008, 1:26 PM Reply   
Those top down ones are super lame.

Reminds me of in cartoons when they have a hotdog or something on a stick over an animals head so they chase it to go somewhere
Old     (larrys)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-22-2008, 1:31 PM Reply   
Nick, you should have gotten one with you boat. The one that mounts to the inside of the windshield is standard. I thought?
Old     (ndavis03)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-22-2008, 1:40 PM Reply   
I did get a mirror with the boat, but it is the standard CIPA style. I am just wondering if there are any other options, besides what I have and the Sampson one. I don't particularly like the look of the standard black CIPA one, and the Sampson seems like it would get in the way more than anything.
Old     (stewart)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-22-2008, 1:42 PM Reply   
I just ordered a Samson. Having been on a few boats that have them, I think they work great.

Wasn't too fond on the "carrot on the stick" at first, but its grown on me.
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-22-2008, 1:54 PM Reply   
Nick- that little chrome bracket that mounts to the inside of the windshield comes standard with all the 08 Malibus with that new windshield. Get in touch with your local Malibu dealer and see if you can order it through them.

Nice Rack's mirror mount is freakin sweet, but it's not 100% finished yet.
Old     (ndavis03)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-22-2008, 2:03 PM Reply   
Does anyone know what the Nice Racks mirror looks like and when it will be available?
Old     (bobby_hottub)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-22-2008, 2:52 PM Reply   
Nick,
I use the Sampson and it works great. Not in the way at all.
Old     (malibudude)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-22-2008, 3:44 PM Reply   
Here are the Nice Racks. Not sure on the timing exactly but I'll try to find out.

Upload
Upload
Old     (malibudude)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-22-2008, 8:05 PM Reply   
TTBOMK Nice Racks will be available in May/June time frame.
Old     (kikitlo)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-22-2008, 8:15 PM Reply   
To each his own but I think the Nice Rack one looks horrible. I think its nice that its powder coated to match the tower but that clam is way too bulky
JMO
Old     (ndavis03)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-22-2008, 10:42 PM Reply   
This is the one I like. I just need to figure out exactly who makes it, and where I can get it from. Both of the ones above look too bulky, and it seems like they would be in the way.Upload
Old     (dhcomp)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-22-2008, 11:38 PM Reply   
That last pic is teh 08 Malibu mount. Should come standard on all 08's
Old     (wakeboard19)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-23-2008, 9:49 AM Reply   
The drop down mirror from the tower is the way to go. It is the best mirror option out. I don't know why people rag on the way it looks. Must be because they don't have one. We have it on our malibu and love it. You can also see a lot more with them.