Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 13, 2007

Old     (ndavis03)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-08-2007, 8:18 AM Reply   
I just received my new equalizer and hope to install it over the weekend. However, I have no idea where to set the sub, low, mid, and high frequency settings. Any advise will be greatly appreciated. If it helps, I have a 4 channel running 4 6X9s on the tower and 4 6X9s in the cabin, and a Kicker 400.1 for the 12" sub.
Old     (ndavis03)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-08-2007, 3:46 PM Reply   
Anyone?
Old     (super_air)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-08-2007, 4:00 PM Reply   
Nick - Just install it and then play with it at different settings to see what sounds best,it is different with all systems and peoples ears are also going to vary. When you get it set to where you like it with the type of music you listen to leave it there and don't try to tweak it.
Old     (ndavis03)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-08-2007, 4:08 PM Reply   
Ceasar-thanks for the advise, I figured that I was going to have to play with it for a while. I just didn't know if there were standard frequencies that each of the levels are supposed to be operating at/near. Are you going out to the lake anytime soon?
Old     (super_air)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-08-2007, 4:11 PM Reply   
I am going to Vegas this weekend and then I will be going down to my house next weekend to work on it, boat is still in the shop getting more boom put in. Supposed to be in the 80's at the lake this weekend are you going out?
Old     (ndavis03)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-08-2007, 4:19 PM Reply   
I still have some work to do on the boat. I am replacing one of the batteries, installing the eq, and hooking my sub back up. I hope to finish all this on Saturday, and if I can convince Mina, we may go out on Sunday. If not this weekend, then next weekend for sure. Installing more BOOM than you already have?
Old     (super_air)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-08-2007, 4:25 PM Reply   
Yes, you can never have enough boom if you really want to "rock it". Don't want to give out the details yet but it will have even more than I already had, you will hear me coming for sure.