Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 13, 2007

Old     (cwb_fooguitarlz)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-05-2007, 6:32 PM Reply   
does anyone have pictures of a Mobius LSV wake? We are getting ours on the 17th and I can't wait that long to see what it looks like. I heard it was pretty nice if you add some ballast. anyone?
Old     (cwb_fooguitarlz)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-06-2007, 4:35 AM Reply   
I guess the only people on here with LSVs that I've seen are brand new like ours and haven't had it on the water yet...lol.
Old     (o2binvallarta)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-06-2007, 7:09 AM Reply   
I'm with you Jeff, just picked it up and can't wait to get it out. Hoping the 55+ degree weather will continue all week and I can get it out this weekend...not sure I'll brave the water myself though.
Old     (ridealready)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-06-2007, 8:38 AM Reply   
Throw some 4 or 5 hundreds in the back on each side and throw an extra bag in the walk way above the stock bag in the locker. Basically about 1200 lbs up front and 800 to 1000 in the back and it will be primo. Hope that helps.
Old     (cwb_fooguitarlz)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-06-2007, 1:22 PM Reply   
thanks man. Yeah ours already has 400lb bags in each of the Vdrive lockers and another 400lb in the ski locker...i think thats right. im not sure if anyone knows the weight of the bags are different let me know.

o2,
do you take pics while youre on the water? if you do, do you think you could post a pic on here of the wake? lol, im really excited about it man
Old     (future)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-06-2007, 1:58 PM Reply   
Upload
Old     (future)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-06-2007, 2:05 PM Reply   
Upload
Old     (cwb_fooguitarlz)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-06-2007, 2:38 PM Reply   
thanks Dan! hahah finally. Do you have a wakeplate down? or any ballast?
Old     (future)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-06-2007, 3:54 PM Reply   
yeah it's at different settings in each picture but i can't remember where and it has the gravity III. there are a bunch more wake pics on wakesiderides
Old     (o2binvallarta)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-06-2007, 7:29 PM Reply   
You bet, if we can get it out on the water this weekend, I'll get some pics.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       03-06-2007, 9:23 PM Reply   
Well I have a couple of pictures of the Moomba LSV wake, thanks to Shane for the pull and Ryan D. for the chase boat! There was another day with full ballast and nine people! The wake was huge and clean at about 80' out. I would look at a new prop with more weight but with the stock weight and three people it's pretty good. Congrats. on the new boat!

Upload Upload
Old     (cwb_fooguitarlz)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-07-2007, 4:37 AM Reply   
thanks o2! I bet you can't wait. lol. We're also kind of in the same situation...our lake is still frozen as well.

Dan,
thanks for showing me www.wakesiderides.com . that site is badass!

and Josh,
thanks for the pics. I wanted to see a pic from the side from a chase boat.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-07-2007, 5:38 AM Reply   
I have the 06 LSV (same hull) with gravity III balast. 400 each side in rear and 600 in ski locker, This is what we have done to get the wake how my son likes it. 150 LBS of lead on each side under seats, 350 sack in walk through, 100 LBS of lead (each side) under bow seats, It makes the wake bigger but also steeper with a crisp lip. If we have 3 peeps or less we add another 400 sack in the back in front of the rear seat. No pic's but it's big.
Old     (tmobe)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-10-2007, 11:19 AM Reply   
The NEW LSV hull design introduced in 06 was a great addition. Shape is great..nice and clean and the deeper you sink it the better the wake. Add fat sacks and dial in the plate. Lead is good too. One piece of advice...new prop or while weighted it will be a dog and take forever to get on plane. But once on plane...LOOK out for some HUGE pop. AWESOME BOAT! I had the 05 LSV and now the XLV GG. Congrats!